“My Favorite Place EVER”

Mount Evans Scenic Byway
Ranked #6 of 251 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: This high-altitude scenic drive climbs more than 7,000 feet in just 28 miles, reaching an altitude of 14,264 feet.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“My Favorite Place EVER”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This marks my 6th trip up the mountain. The weather is different every time I go. Three years ago we travelled up Pike's Peak - never again will I waste my gas to that destination, but that's a different review. Mount Evans is my favorite place to be. If it wasn't for my family's impatience I would linger longer there. This year all I saw was a marmot & a few chipmunks. Usually we see the goats, but the weather was nasty this trip. My husband rode his motorcycle up with our 12 year old son. Coming back down they went through hail & had to stop at the ranger station. Our oldest & I was 10 minutes behind them & never had hail. But we drove through fog & clouds & rain.
Watch for bicyclists, be prepared to stop for other tourists snapping pics (like my crew), and make sure the road is open before you head that way.
On clear day you can see miles. But even in the rain & fog the view is spectacular in a different way.
Love, love, love this place God has provided.

• Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome Drive”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

From Echo Lake to the summit, the drive is amazing. We have seen all manner of wildlife along the drive. There are many opportunities for short, family friendly hikes along the route. And, it is hard to beat the fresh, pan-fried trout served at the Echo Lake Lodge.

Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
120 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“Amazing Drive”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

One of the best drives in the Colorado area. The road itself is not the best, especially in certain areas but it is truly a wonderful and unique experience.

Austin, Texas
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Beauty!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great drive. Great views. A little adventurous as well. A must see for any Colorado trip. I've driven the A1A and the Pacifica Coast Highway and this scenic byway was very enjoyable.

1 Thank JRsNeighbor
Jefferson City, MO
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This byway was full of beautiful sights. We got to see mountain goats and an elk!! It was fantastic. Just watch out for the bicyclist!