“One of my favorite restaurants in Denver”

Melita's Greek Cafe and Market
Ranked #1,334 of 3,005 Restaurants in Denver
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
TN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of my favorite restaurants in Denver”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Well this is a gem. My daughter & son-in-law live a street over from Melita's. This was one of several Denver restaurants I went to while there a few months ago. The food (and sauces) are fresh, made to order, and timely. Atmosphere is casual with very friendly staff who know their product and are happy and proud to talk about it.

Our order was two Falafel Platters and one of the several types of burgers that are offered.
There is also a market section towards the front with grocery items for purchase. There are a few tables out front if you wish to eat outside.

I went on the website yesterday to see if they offered gift certificates - (Christmas gift) - I didn't see an option, so called. My call was returned and unfortunately they don't, so it'll be my pleasure to treat when I'm next out there.

I understand why this great little place has been in business since the early 1900's. THAT is the 'way it is done'.

Visited October 2012

“Exceptional Greek Food”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I love Greek food and this place is awesome. Something for vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Good prices, good portions, fast delivery. Will definitely eat here again!!

Visited November 2012
Denver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious breakfast at Melita's”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We purchased a Groupon for Melita's Greek Cafe which I had not heard of before. After enjoying a lovely morning at the Denver Botanical Gardens - which I highly recommend -- we decided to try Melita's. The food was delicious, we had the Greek skillet and the blueberry cheese crepes...YUM!!! Service was friendly and attentive. With or without the groupon, the prices were very reasonable. We will definitely go back.

• Visited September 2012
“Excellent food, Great neighborhood!”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We loved Melita's so much that we ate there three times in three days! Got the gyros, salads and fries to go on our first night in Denver - just a short walk from our hotel, The Burnsley. What a charming, lovely neighborhood. The food was delicious - and just what we needed after our day of travel. The next morning we took our son there for breakfast - so good. The portions were giant, so you can definitely share a plate - eggs, potatoes, crispy bacon and fluffy pancakes - which my husband and I washed down with a couple of Greek coffees. The weather was perfect, so we sat outside on the quaint, flower-filled patio. My son loved his breakfast so much that he insisted we go back the next morning. No complaints from me or my husband!

• Visited June 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great value, tasty Greek food”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We loved this little place. We had a hankering for Greek Food and found it on our Urban Spoon App. Good stuff, we both had gyros with Greek salads, huge portions, wonderful salad, lotsa Feta. We also ordered Dolmades, and hummus with pita...pretty much more than we could eat, but we stuffed ourselves. Delicious. Unpretentious, just good Greek food, we sat outside and enjoyed our meal. Will be back next Denver visit! :) Excellent prices too!

• Visited April 2012