“Cool market and good food”

Melita's Greek Cafe and Market
Ranked #1,252 of 3,109 Restaurants in Denver
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Interesting atmosphere (good and bad)-- it's got a diner feel to it and you step in line to order. The food is very good, though, and it's definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

My wife and are very disappointed in the place. Very small deli style shop. We showed up to eat but did not get service. We will not be back!

Maria G, Owner at Melita's Greek Cafe and Market, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

I"m sorry you had a bad experience. If you stopped in for the first time and we were busy, you may not have noticed that we don't offer table service. We have a sign at the end of the counter that reads "please order here". Perhaps you sat at a table and expected a waiter or waitress to take your order. Many times, customers come in and sit while they wait for a friend or the rest of their party to arrive and so we don't "bother" folks who do that. Again, I'm sorry and I really hope you try us again. Please send me your email at maria@melitasgreekcafe.com and I'll be glad to offer you a discounted meal.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Well this is a gem. My daughter & son-in-law live a street over from Melita's. This was one of several Denver restaurants I went to while there a few months ago. The food (and sauces) are fresh, made to order, and timely. Atmosphere is casual with very friendly staff who know their product and are happy and proud to talk about it.

Our order was two Falafel Platters and one of the several types of burgers that are offered.
There is also a market section towards the front with grocery items for purchase. There are a few tables out front if you wish to eat outside.

I went on the website yesterday to see if they offered gift certificates - (Christmas gift) - I didn't see an option, so called. My call was returned and unfortunately they don't, so it'll be my pleasure to treat when I'm next out there.

I understand why this great little place has been in business since the early 1900's. THAT is the 'way it is done'.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

I love Greek food and this place is awesome. Something for vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Good prices, good portions, fast delivery. Will definitely eat here again!!

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We purchased a Groupon for Melita's Greek Cafe which I had not heard of before. After enjoying a lovely morning at the Denver Botanical Gardens - which I highly recommend -- we decided to try Melita's. The food was delicious, we had the Greek skillet and the blueberry cheese crepes...YUM!!! Service was friendly and attentive. With or without the groupon, the prices were very reasonable. We will definitely go back.