“Very nice experience”

Ranked #69 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Mead, United States
“Very nice experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Check in was quick and easy, room was clean, bed comfortable, Wi-fi was strong. Hotel is quiet (except for the occasional train), easy access to I-70, DIA, restaurants and shopping. I have stayed here before (it's close to work), and it has always been very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Brett N,

Thank you for your nice review of the Doubletree by Hilton Denver – Stapleton North and for making us your hotel of choice when you come to Denver. We take pride in providing friendly, efficient service in our clean, comfortable surroundings. The staff and management look forward to welcoming you to your home away from home on your next trip to Denver.

303-262-7701

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

The first room offered to me was smelly and in bad repair. However after complaining to the manager and checking two other rooms, (walking about a mile in the process) I was satisfied. Some exercise does not hurt. The staff was warm and attentive.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit to Denver. Please accept my personal apology for condition of the first room you received. Certainly your room should have clean and fresh smelling and ready for your arrival. I am sorry this was not your experience. I can readily understand your disappointment..

I thank you for the kind words about my staff; I will share that with them personally. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Formerly a Red Lion, I give this Doubletree mixed reviews. The conference facility was great, and the food was pretty good. The rooms, however not so much. My room smelled like smoke, although it was a non-smoking room. Just couldnt get past the smell. The location is good, however its a little bit hard to get in and out of the parking area given the traffic flow on Quebec at Martin Luther King Blvd. I wouldnt stay there again unless I was at another Conference probably. The staff was very nice, though. But the smell of the room was not good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear carmenwtx,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit to Denver. I am happy to know that you found our conference facility to be great and our food to be good!

Please accept my sincere apology that your stay was less than satisfactory and we did not meet your expectations. Certainly your rooms should have been clean and fresh smelling and ready for your arrival. I am sorry this was not your experience

Let me assure you that your concerns are getting my full attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns.

Indianapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed here for a soccer tournament. The price we paid may not be indicative of the rpice you can get on a travel website. This hotel used to be a Red Lion and is Doubletree in name only. Old hotel in a poor location by a train yard and cab company. Only redeeming value is it is close to some malls.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Dear TracymIndianapolis,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit. I am glad to know that you found our location to be convenient and to shopping areas. Please accept my sincere apology that you found our property to be old and in a poor location.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. If there is anything we can do in the meantime to help prepare for your next visit, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

scottsbluff, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

i have never been so disappointed in my life. I had a confirmation number and had to fight to get my room then i was suppose to have adjoining rooms cause i had young kids with me. that didnt happen either..so i had to figure out how to be in both rooms..and then the second night i didnt have a room at all and we had to drive all over denver to try and find a room...

1 Thank Nancy D
Dear Nancy D,

Please accept my sincere apology that your experience was less than satisfactory and we did not meet your expectations. Certainly our staff should have made a greater effort to block you in adjoining rooms, I am sorry we could not accommodate your request.

I can readily understand your disappointment with our hotel. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know your concerns are our concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns

Fullerton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

This place is very professional, near many Denver attractions (downtown Denver Mint, Denver Zoo and Museum of Nature & Science), off the freeway and has 2 large shopping centers on either side. Only downside is its near train tracks.

Dear EchoH,

Thank you for your nice review and for the great feedback! We look forward to having you stay with us again and also recommending our hotel to your friends and family!

Erie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed 5 long nights for a Girls soccer tournament@Aurora Sports Park last week..Aurora Sports Park is great..I wish I could say the same for this hotel. We arrived our first night @0100 after a long day of travel to an uninterested night manager and were given a room that was completely unacceptable..stained moldy carpet,the smell of stale cigarette smoke and bed linens with crusted bodily fluids it appeared the room had not been used or cleaned for a very long time...went to look for ice and vending and discovered that the 1st floor only had one vending machine and it was out of order..We were given a different room the next day that was tolerable but it was a tortuous 5 days in a poor hotel that we were stuck in because of Tournament travel rules. Definitely not up to Hilton standards.

1 Thank Mark_B52607
Dear Mark_B52607,

I am both embarrassed and disappointed that your stay was less than satisfactory and we did not meet your expectations. While I could provide excuses, the bottom line is there is absolutely no excuse for anything but clean rooms. I am sorry. I can assure you that I value every guest and will speak to our entire team to ensure we use your experience as a training tool for our future visitors.

I am equally disappointed by fact that you were greeting by an “uninterested" employee. I have addressed this personally with my team. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns.