“Family Reunion 2013”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #71 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Overall, everything was really good. The free complimentary breakfast was satisfactory and very convenient. Service was also good. Room decor could use some updating and a more efficient cooling system. Nothing of interest in the immediate area which was a little disappointing. Would definitely consider staying again for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Richard G,

Thank you for the nice review. I am happy to know that our breakfast and service was good. I do hope you had a successful reunion with your family.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, we hope we can welcome you and the entire family back soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Book it! It's a nice hotel for business or leisure. I stayed for four nights and enjoyed the accommodations and food. The breakfast buffet is highly recommended. Shuttle service from the airport was also excellent.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Samson S,

Thank you for the great review, I really appreciate your candid feedback. I am happy to know that you had a good experience and found our hotel to be a great value and our complimentary airport shuttle to be very helpful.

We are looking forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Check in was quick and easy, room was clean, bed comfortable, Wi-fi was strong. Hotel is quiet (except for the occasional train), easy access to I-70, DIA, restaurants and shopping. I have stayed here before (it's close to work), and it has always been very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Brett N,

Thank you for your nice review of the Doubletree by Hilton Denver – Stapleton North and for making us your hotel of choice when you come to Denver. We take pride in providing friendly, efficient service in our clean, comfortable surroundings. The staff and management look forward to welcoming you to your home away from home on your next trip to Denver.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The first room offered to me was smelly and in bad repair. However after complaining to the manager and checking two other rooms, (walking about a mile in the process) I was satisfied. Some exercise does not hurt. The staff was warm and attentive.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit to Denver. Please accept my personal apology for condition of the first room you received. Certainly your room should have clean and fresh smelling and ready for your arrival. I am sorry this was not your experience. I can readily understand your disappointment..

I thank you for the kind words about my staff; I will share that with them personally. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Formerly a Red Lion, I give this Doubletree mixed reviews. The conference facility was great, and the food was pretty good. The rooms, however not so much. My room smelled like smoke, although it was a non-smoking room. Just couldnt get past the smell. The location is good, however its a little bit hard to get in and out of the parking area given the traffic flow on Quebec at Martin Luther King Blvd. I wouldnt stay there again unless I was at another Conference probably. The staff was very nice, though. But the smell of the room was not good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear carmenwtx,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit to Denver. I am happy to know that you found our conference facility to be great and our food to be good!

Please accept my sincere apology that your stay was less than satisfactory and we did not meet your expectations. Certainly your rooms should have been clean and fresh smelling and ready for your arrival. I am sorry this was not your experience

Let me assure you that your concerns are getting my full attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed here for a soccer tournament. The price we paid may not be indicative of the rpice you can get on a travel website. This hotel used to be a Red Lion and is Doubletree in name only. Old hotel in a poor location by a train yard and cab company. Only redeeming value is it is close to some malls.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Dear TracymIndianapolis,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit. I am glad to know that you found our location to be convenient and to shopping areas. Please accept my sincere apology that you found our property to be old and in a poor location.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. If there is anything we can do in the meantime to help prepare for your next visit, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

i have never been so disappointed in my life. I had a confirmation number and had to fight to get my room then i was suppose to have adjoining rooms cause i had young kids with me. that didnt happen either..so i had to figure out how to be in both rooms..and then the second night i didnt have a room at all and we had to drive all over denver to try and find a room...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy D

Dear Nancy D,

Please accept my sincere apology that your experience was less than satisfactory and we did not meet your expectations. Certainly our staff should have made a greater effort to block you in adjoining rooms, I am sorry we could not accommodate your request.

I can readily understand your disappointment with our hotel. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know your concerns are our concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns