DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #69 of 156 Hotels in Denver
colorado city, United States
“great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

your whole staff is excellent, front desk,resturant, house sevice, engineering, ive delt with them all, great people, thanks david, haitham,and pat for providing rooms during busy time, cleaning at all hour to ensure rooms ,is a great feeling knowing a room is waiting. thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear CliffordG,

Thank you for the great review, I really appreciate your candid feedback. I am happy to know that you find the entire team to be excellent. I will make sure to share your kind words during our next employee meeting.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. If there is anything we can do in the meantime to help prepare for your next visit, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

303-262-7701

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I had an excellent experience staying at this hotel for 4 nights recently. First thing which was great - it's awesome price. Second - I loved the complimentary shuttle service which in combination with Enterprise literally next door allowed me to save great money on rental. Usually I rent right in airport, but this time rates were through the roof and I looked around for options and found the Enterprise next door which in combination with complimentary shuttle service worked like a dream. Next thing is excellent location - right next to I-70, I-270 and two exits from I-25 which makes trip in any direction a breeze. Close to downtown 7 mi, Cherry Creak. Rooms and common areas very very clean, room service was great. I would be glad to have it on the top of my list for my next trip to Denver and highly recommend it to my friends and associates.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear 893AlexL,

I am glad you found our shuttle service and location to Enterprise car rental service to be a great value! We take pride in providing friendly and efficient service, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the entire team at the hotel.

We value you as a guest and really appreciate you recommending us to your friends and associates

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights while attending the Dave Matthews Band concerts at Dick's Sporting Goods Park, and location-wise for our needs, it was perfect. Just 10 minutes away from the venue, which is just up the street from here. The hotel itself, like others have said, is somewhat tricky to get to. By the third day I had finally figured it out well enough that cursing was no longer required! The lobby is very nice, as is the restaurant/bar area, and the staff are all very friendly and welcoming. Once you walk down the long hallways, you start to see signs of this hotel's former life as a Red Lion, but once inside the room we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms aren't huge, but they are well appointed. Really my only complaint about the room is the shower, which clearly has not been upgraded yet as this hotel gradually transitions to Doubletree standards. There are a few cracked tiles, and overall it just looked quite aged. It needs improvement. The location of the hotel is about 20 to 30 minutes from downtown Denver depending on traffic, but there are plenty of restaurant and shopping options within 5 to 10 minutes. It all depends what your plans are while in Denver as to whether or not this location is good for you or not. For us, like I said, it was excellent. It's also about 25 minutes from the airport, so really it presents a fairly central "home base" location. Denver Zoo is also about 10 minutes away. All in all we enjoyed our stay here, and would have no problem recommending this hotel to others.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear dave2step,

Thanks for the great review and we hope you enjoyed the concert. I am glad to know that our location was convenient “home base” for all of the activities around Denver. I do apologize for the condition of your shower and appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns. We look forward to having you stay with us again and also recommending our hotel to your friends and family!

Hampton Cove, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Excellent location. Nicely appointed. Small but newly remodeled bathroom. Lobby with Starbucks was welcoming. For some reason our room had a damp carpet which gave off a musty odor. Staff was very helpful.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear jfehrenb,

Thanks for the nice review. We appreciate your patronage and are happy you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that the carpet in your room was damp; we certainly should have let it dry longer after our deep cleaning the carpet.

Larchwood
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is the old Red Lion and although they gave the rooms a DT look they didn't improve anything from the old days. There's no fridge, microwave, or safe in the rooms. The check-in/out process was very good with friendly clerks. The hotel has its own bar and dining, but I found the prices alittle high for the quality. They do provide a shuttle to a nearby mall that does have eating places. One thing to be aware of is the return shuttle to the airport only makes 1 stop and that's at the United baggage area and you are left on your own to get to the ticketing area of your airline.

Room Tip: Ask for a low number or you will end up walking a quarter of a mile.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear Skyfury,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit to Denver.

Please accept my sincere apology that your stay was less than satisfactory and we did not meet your expectations. I am happy to know you found our check in/out process to good and our Front Desk agents to be friendly.

Let me assure you that your concerns are getting my full attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns.

Seabrook, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

The Doubletree Hotel near the location of the old Stapleton airport was convenient to I 70, and actually to all of northern Denver. The room with a king bed was small, but nicely furnished, with many amenities. The staff on check-in and check-out were friendly and efficient. Very good value, in a less than glamorous neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Dear TXK4133,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit. I am glad to know that you found our location to be convenient and our staff to be friendly and efficient. Please accept my sincere apology that you found our rooms to be small.

Edmond, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our overall experience was good for the price of the hotel. Bathroom could had been cleaner. WOuld prefer to stay where the bathroom was larger where one could shower when the other person is getting ready.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Debby Y,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit. I am glad to know that great overall experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology that you found our bathrooms to be small. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.