“Doubletree Stapleton North”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #71 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Noisy hotel! Trains!!! All night! Nice lobby. Staff is nice. Restaurant food so-so but meeting catering was really very good. Rooms are nice, clean and large enough. Restaurants and shopping fairly close by. Not my favorite Hilton but would stay again if in Denver.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Paula SL,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit. I am glad to know that you found our staff to be nice and our catering to be very good! Please accept my sincere apology that the train disturbed your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. If there is anything we can do in the meantime to help prepare for your next visit, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

303-262-7701

Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Wow, I've never had a worse night sleep! The hotel is near a train track, and in about a 12-hour period, 6 trains came through laying on their whistles. The majority of the traffic was in the middle of the night too.

Dear David R,

I want to personally apologize for the noise that disturbed your stay. We try to provide a quiet, peaceful environment so all our guests have the best stay possible. I am sorry that this was not your experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The staff was really warm and friendly. Clark was great! Help us make arrangements for our day of skiing. The location is on a dead-end and not very pretty surrounding. However, it is really close to the expressway entrance and shops and restaurants are nearby. Of course the cookies are great and always a nice touch when leaving the cold and snow behind.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am glad you were able to take advantage of the great snow this early ski season. I am glad Clark was able to help you find the right resort for day out skiing!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, we hope to welcome you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Denver – Stapleton North in the near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Warm cookie when you check in is a nice perk. Free bottled water for the flatlanders awesome ! Clark at the front desk was always very polite and helpful. Older hotel that has been renovated. Nice sized rooms, large flat screen tv, clean hotel. Awesome beds and pillows best I have ever slept on besides my own bed. Downsides close to U.P. train tracks, no fridge or microwave, outdoor pool, ( winter time) . Overall I really enjoyed this place.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear IrBobcat,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit. I am glad to know that you found our service to be #1! I will make sure to pass on your kind words to Clark; he takes great pride in his service and will really appreciate your review!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back with to a Doubletree Sweet Dream Bed and warm cookie real soon!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Always the very best of service and professionalism. the front desk personal are always top notch. Hytham, David, Katy, Francis to name a few are the best. As a frequent guest of this particular hotel, I'm always pleased.

Dear Ronald M,

Thank you for the nice review of the Doubletree by Hilton Denver – Stapleton North. I thank you for your kind words about my staff, I will make sure to share this review with them personally.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed for a night before a flight at DIA. Hotel shutter driver taking me to hotel drove aggressively and wrecklessly, excusing herself to the passengers by saying "it's near my quitting time." Later that evening, after a shuttle dropped me off across the highway at a movie theatre, it never returned to pick me up and I ended up having to walk back which proved quite dangerous. and finally, the next morning when I asked a shuttle driver who'd just arrived if his was the shuttle to the airport, I was curtly told to "just wait" as he walked away without even making eye contact.
So, nothing else really matters when service is this poor.

• Stayed: November 2013
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Ytramcire,

I want to personally apologize for the experience that undermined your confidence in us. The safety and security of each of our guests is very import to us. Certainly our drivers should always remain vigilant and cautious when driving our guests. I would also like to apologize that the other driver was curt and did not make eye contact with you.

I can readily understand your disappointment with your last stay with us. Let me assure you that your concerns about our drivers are getting my full attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Ask for a room away from the train tracks. Friends had a room away from tracks and did not hear the trains. Bring your own pillows. They were kinda funky. Too hard then flatten out. The breakfast was very expensive, but convenient I guess. Staff was very nice. Did not have any problems that needed addressed

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear KarenS,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit. I am glad to know that you found our staff to be very nice and our breakfast to be convenient. Please accept my sincere apology that the train disturbed your stay and that you found our pillows to be hard.