DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #70 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Wheatland, WY, United States
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Pleasant front desk staff, nice rooms, good beds, plenty of hot water and soft, plush towels. Overall, very good experience. Only negative was poorly supervised and operated lounge. Both nights, the bartender was primarily interested in visiting with his buddies while his server was busting her hump and actually mixing the drinks for her customers. The bartender also told a young mother who came in around 10:30 with her very young child that he couldn't serve her any kind of food or drink because she was "too late". He made no effort to help her find something to eat without leaving the premises. Clearly the lounge could profit from adult supervision.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Theodore S,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit to Denver. I will be sure to share your kind words about our hotel with the team.

I can readily understand your disappointment with our service in the lounge. Let me assure you that your concerns are getting my full attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns.

303-262-7701

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
new castle, United States
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Three days we had no hot water and the other days it did get better but took 5 to 10 minutes letting it run just to get warm never hot water. no one at the desk knew why or had a clue to what was going on. the repair guys said they had to replace something on the boiler.

Dear Tony S,

Please accept my sincere apology that you had challenges with the hot water during your stay. Certainly we should have communicated the progress of our boiler repair with you during your stay. I can readily understand the frustration you experienced and can assure that the hot water issues have been corrected.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Northwest Wyoming
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have to say the shower in our room was absolutely terrible, tons of water pressure but couldn't make the water divert to the shower very well, tub filled up with water while the shower was barely spitting out water. Room was fairly clean. The staff made up for the hotel's inadequacies though. Olivia from the dining room was very nice and the other ladies in the dining room were absolutely fantastic. The ladies were very attentive and when we asked for a container of honey so that we could have it with tea they had a competition on who could get it the fastest and then even made the tea for us at no charge. Front desk was very courteous and pleasant. Would consider staying again if the shower was better.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lady Bohunter,

I really appreciate your candid feedback. I am happy to know that you had a good experience in our restaurant and Olivia and the other servers are fantastic. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. The deficiencies you describe about the shower are getting my full attention and will be corrected so others are not disappointed as you were.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to see you in Denver again real soon.

PLEASANT HILL, MO, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We have stayed here for at least 5 years in a row and always enjoy the wonderful service. The shuttles to and from the airport and also the Stock Show are the best. The desk staff was quite helpful and I must say, a warm cookie is always divine! See you next year.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kelly J,

Thank you for the great review and your continued patronage. I am glad that you find our free Airport and Stock Show Shuttle to be convenient and a great value. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year!

malin, United States
Reviewed 28 January 2014

the greatest place to stay clean, great staff and support us Farm andCattle People.The Food is great and the staff is very good,rooms clean. wouldn't stay anywhere else during the Stock Show. Oh and lets not forget those great warm cookies,,,,

Dear Doris G,

I am glad to know that we are your preferred hotel for the National Western Stock Show! We really appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to seeing you again next year.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband, daughter, son in law and myself recently stayed a night in this hotel. We did not know the nightly rate until we checked in. We were in shock when told US$74 plus tax especially as we had just left Aspen where we were paying $800 per night. We did not expect much for this price but were so pleasantly surprised when we seen the rooms. The room was nicely decorated with 2 very comfy queen beds, work desk, coffee machine and free wi fi. The bathroom had quality fittings with plentry of towels and very clean. There is a small gym, restaurant and bar. The staff were very friendly. We were even given a warm choc chip cookie on check in! Our room looked onto the pool area but our daughters room faced the opposite side of the hotel and apparently they were very aware of the trains going past during the night. This would be the only negative thing I would write about this hotel. Highly recommended for anyone staying in Denver for a short stay.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are quieter
Dear Gdayfr0mWA,

Thanks for taking the time to share your candid feedback from your recent visit to Denver. I am happy that enjoyed the hotel and found our staff to be friendly.

We look forward to having you stay with us again next ski season and also recommending our hotel to your friends and family!

Monroe, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Two things bothered me during my stay and are what caused me to want to write this and warn others. Overall the hotel was clean and staff was friendly however that won't get me to come back. I stayed here on 1/6/14-1/7/14 for a total of 6 hours due to my flight being cancelled. I was given a discount coupon at the airport and this was one of the hotels on the list with a reasonable rate. I thought DoubleTree/Hilton was a good brand so that's why I chose this hotel. Little did I know was that I would get maybe an hour of sleep. I had to get up for a 6 AM flight so wanted to get a good nights sleep. Little did I know, I would be woken up 2-3 times in the middle of the night by a loud train whistle from right outside the building. They forget to tell you that trains could come by at 1 and 2 oclock in the morning. Now I know why there was a set of earplugs on the bathroom counter that they provide for you. After finally waking up, I found out that the "free" airport shuttle service they provide and advertise on the discount coupon site doesn't run 24/7. While this worked for me coming from the airport, I had to spend $55 on a cab from the hotel back to the airport in the morning because the shuttle wasn't running yet when I needed it. Needless to say I arrived at the airport exhausted and dragging all day from a horrible night of being ripped from my sleep a couple of times. Never again. Could have at least offered a refund or a voucher towards a stay at another of their chain's hotels for my inconvenience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that you may not hear the trains in the middle of the night....if that's even pos...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear TonyD,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit. I am glad to know that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be nice. Please accept my sincere apology that the train disturbed your stay and our courtesy airport shuttle was not operating when you need it.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. If there is anything we can do in the meantime to help prepare for your next visit, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Denver hotels