DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #71 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 10 April 2014

No waiting in line to get checked in and made sure to give us our FRESH WARM chocolate chip cookies for our one night stay. Had plenty of clean towels in the bathroom. Will stay there again when making a weekend trip to the Denver area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear RoseB,

Thank you for the nice review! We are always happy to hear when guests enjoy our warm signature chocolate chip cookies! We look forward to seeing you in Denver again real soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel was great. I forgot to mention when I made the reservation that my wife is allergic to just about everything, and when we found duck feather pillows we had to have them and the comforter removed which they did while we were at dinner. My wife and I having items what needed refrigerated missed having a fridge in our room, and my wife seemed lost without having a microwave to heat her drinks and her rice pack for her back. I am a light sleeper and when the elevator moved up and down I could hear it, and my wife thinks I can't hear anything most the time but when I sleep I am always alert to noises since I grew up in a wild town. Saturday night there was a guy who was drunk who first started pounding on everyone’s doors looking for his friend, and at 2 AM he brought his girlfriend back since she knew which room he was supposed to be staying in. That was not the hotel’s fault, but it would have been nice if the hotel had cameras so they know there is a drunk person bothering other patrons of the hotel. I have MS and I go to the MS Clinic at the Anschutz center so the discount helped us out a lot. I live in Rock Springs WY so the drive down there in the summer is 5 ½ hours, and once I get there all I want to do is relax and I do not want to drive anywhere. The hotel restaurant was great, and every employee at the hotel treated us very well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear DavidR,

Thank you for your review, I am happy that you found our restaurant to be great and our hotel employees treat you well. Please accept my apologies for the other patrons that disturbed your stay. Let me assure you that your concerns are getting my full attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you in Denver again real soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Not a bad place to stay -- there was lots of construction around the hotel so took me a while to navigate the detours but under normal circumstances would be very easy to get to off of I-70. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear NancyM,

I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced the construction around the hotel. We are very excited for the commuter rail train that will go to downtown and Denver International Airport.

Thank you for the nice review, we look forward to seeing you in Denver again real soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed at this property while visiting family.. The location was near the freeway, minutes from the Denver airport and very close to our family's house. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The room was clean and modern. Staff was always available clean our room when asked. The ONLY complaint I have is that the bed pillows were too soft for my taste. I will stay here on my next trip to Denver.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JamesF,

Thank you for your review, I am happy that you found our hotel to be convenient to visit your family. We look forward to seeing you in Denver again real soon. Please reach out to me directly before your next stay and we will have a firm pillow available for your stay.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

the people you have at denver north make this a great place to stay, if you don't have it they will get it, they go out of their way to help, it's not just a hotel , it's home away from home, great location, stores, restaurants, movies, airport, shuttles, they make it right.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear CliffordG,

Thank you for the great review, I really appreciate your positive review. I am happy to know that we are your home away from home.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We will see you in Denver again real soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel is run down, rooms, towels, bedding all sub par for what I would expect at a Doubletree. I

n addition, on one night of our stay there was music blaring from the pool area through the entire night to finally cease around 7am. As our room faced the pool (as many do in this complex) this was very disturbing to our sleep and my patience. When I called the front desk in frustration at 4am I was told that the staff knew there was an issue and there would be a technician arriving in the morning to fix it. Sure enough, the music did stop around 7am but time for sleeping had long since passed. For the inconvenience of not being able to sleep through the night, upon complaint we were given a couple of Hilton Honors points (ha!).

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere (anywhere) else.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TheHuckleberry
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear TheHuckleberry

We are sorry that we did not provide you with a rewarding experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Your comments will help us correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.

(303) 262-7701

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Excellent response times for room maintenance (repairing a curtain track); good coffee in the room (this is very important to me; some places don't give attention to the quality of coffee, but this is subjective); my one complaint is that the music playing in the restaurant seemed woefully out of place for a DoubleTree/Hilton environment. I would have expected something universal like classical music playing very softly in background. The music playing at breakfast time made myself and my friend feel like we were in a nightclub. The bathroom counter space was a little wanting, and the floor space somewhat small, but the shower head was fantastic. You get what you pay for. It was a great room, but the railroad tracks meant I heard freight trains tooting their horns three or four times during the night, and there's nothing the maintenance guys can do about that. It's a terrible location to be right next to active nighttime train lines, and there's a lot of road construction right adjacent to the hotel, but if your here for business and train horns don't bother you, and you don't mind a few minutes long detour, it is a good place. The reception staff was friendly and very helpful to me to find the place. If you like anything but classical music, than you ought to like this place. The restaurant waitress was very accommodating and they served Guinness, so that made me happy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear John H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. I am glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. The road construction is part of a revitalization project for the stapleton area and should be completed soon. I apologize for the loud music in the restaurant. Thank you for your feedback.

(303) 262-7701