“Welcome reception.”

Ranked #71 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Larne, United Kingdom
“Welcome reception.”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My young son and I stayed one night after our flight out of Denver was cancelled. The service at the reception was very friendly & welcoming. Room was of a good size and very comfortable. The only issue was breakfast service. On arrival home I was sent a survey about my stay. I pointed out the issue I had regarding the quality of service at breakfast. The very next day I had a response from both hotel and restaurant managers and they assured me the issue was corrected. Its nice to see that some people actually read the comments made in surveys and act on them.

• Stayed March 2014
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear DavidMcF,

Thank you for taking the time to write comments on our property. We take great pride in making our guests our number one priority and I am very happy to see that you were taken care of. Once again, thank you!

(303) 262-7701

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 22 April 2014

After arriving and see which hotel this was I was dissappointed. I hasd stayed here a few years ago. I went in with thoughts that things had maybe changed. The first room I was put in had the air freshner so strong that I had a headache after an hour or so. I was moved to another room same floor at the other end f the floor. That one smelled like an ash tray and had a broken closet door, just leaning on the other one. I walked back down to the front desk and I was put in a room on the 5th floor. This one smelled like a dirty old man. I left to grab a bite to eat and had truned the air on. By the time I came back the smell was gone. The only other complaint that I had was the key cards did not work all of the time. I had to go to the front desk and get the card rekeyed. Happened onemore time, thank goodness for the second key they give you. I did not try the restaurant or bar so I do not know about those. Room service menu was very limited. Confrence rooms were nice. I was disappointed in that I did not get the same service as the folks in line next to me. They got the whole run down of what was where in the hotel. I was just handed my key and had to ask which was the nearest entrance. The front counter gal seemed a bit annoyed. They did in the end make it right, but I will never stay here again.

1 Thank 789traveler789
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear 789traveler789

I sincerely regret the poor experience you had while staying with us. Your arrival experience was less than satisfactory and we did not meet your expectations. Certainly our housekeeping and engineering staff should have been more diligent when cleaning and inspecting prior to your arrival. There is absolutely no excuse for anything but clean and properly fuctioning equipment in our guestrooms. I will personally be discussing your experiences with all of my staff.

(303) 262-7701
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Very accommodating, but road work and long detour still troublesome. Rooms clean and the staff is very competent and friendly. My room was on the ground floor next to an outside door, the insulation did not keep the noise at a reasonable level.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear JohnnyC,

Thank you for the great review, I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff. Please accept my sincere apologies for the road construction around the hotel. During your next visit we will ensure that you do not have a 1st floor room. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns.

Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Employees were great at front desk, cleaning crew, servers -- however, although staff was very nice in restaurant, they were Extremely SLOW, understaffed. I became quite ill and had an allergic reaction to something. I noticed the air vents were extremely dirty. Had not been cleaned in a LONG time, full of caked dust. The air was extremely dry in the hotel. 3 in my group got sick.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Idell M,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit to Denver.

Please accept my sincere apology that the service in the restaurant was slow and understaffed. I can readily understand your disappointment with your last stay with us. Let me assure you that your cleanliness concerns with the vents are getting my full attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns.

Pueblo, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014

No waiting in line to get checked in and made sure to give us our FRESH WARM chocolate chip cookies for our one night stay. Had plenty of clean towels in the bathroom. Will stay there again when making a weekend trip to the Denver area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear RoseB,

Thank you for the nice review! We are always happy to hear when guests enjoy our warm signature chocolate chip cookies! We look forward to seeing you in Denver again real soon.

Denver, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel was great. I forgot to mention when I made the reservation that my wife is allergic to just about everything, and when we found duck feather pillows we had to have them and the comforter removed which they did while we were at dinner. My wife and I having items what needed refrigerated missed having a fridge in our room, and my wife seemed lost without having a microwave to heat her drinks and her rice pack for her back. I am a light sleeper and when the elevator moved up and down I could hear it, and my wife thinks I can't hear anything most the time but when I sleep I am always alert to noises since I grew up in a wild town. Saturday night there was a guy who was drunk who first started pounding on everyone’s doors looking for his friend, and at 2 AM he brought his girlfriend back since she knew which room he was supposed to be staying in. That was not the hotel’s fault, but it would have been nice if the hotel had cameras so they know there is a drunk person bothering other patrons of the hotel. I have MS and I go to the MS Clinic at the Anschutz center so the discount helped us out a lot. I live in Rock Springs WY so the drive down there in the summer is 5 ½ hours, and once I get there all I want to do is relax and I do not want to drive anywhere. The hotel restaurant was great, and every employee at the hotel treated us very well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear DavidR,

Thank you for your review, I am happy that you found our restaurant to be great and our hotel employees treat you well. Please accept my apologies for the other patrons that disturbed your stay. Let me assure you that your concerns are getting my full attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you in Denver again real soon.

Shawnee Mission, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Not a bad place to stay -- there was lots of construction around the hotel so took me a while to navigate the detours but under normal circumstances would be very easy to get to off of I-70. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear NancyM,

I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced the construction around the hotel. We are very excited for the commuter rail train that will go to downtown and Denver International Airport.

Thank you for the nice review, we look forward to seeing you in Denver again real soon.