“Nice Rooms Excellent Staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #69 of 156 Hotels in Denver
McMurray, Pennsylvania
“Nice Rooms Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This did not receive an excellent because the hotel can be a bit challenging to find and there is only one small elevator to service five floors. There are two DoubleTree Hotels on Quebec Street and there is construction outside this property, due to the new light rail. Once inside you are welcomed by a very friendly staff and given a chocolate chip cookie (DoubleTree signature). The hotel has a shuttle that will take you to a great shopping area, which includes a movie theater and several restaurants. This hotel has a pool, bar, a small gift shop, and a restaurant. Ask for a room on the ground floor with pool access!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Bonnie D,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I want to apologize for the difficulty in finding our hotel. I am sorry our staff did not inform you during check in that we have three elevators for our guests' convenience. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and your comments will be shared with our staff.

(303) 262-7701

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Sauk Village, Illinois
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Okay I know the title is catchy but I named it that for a specific reason. My reasoning is because there are actually two DoubleTree Hotels within a few blocks of each other, of which both happen to be located on Quebec Street in Denver. I am also making mention of this because I just so happened to have strolled into the wrong DoubleTree, with my luggage in tow, only to find I needed to be down the street and across the street. Make note of this when you reserve at a DoubleTree in this area.

Now that I have gotten that tad bit of information out of the way let me get to the real review. I had to travel to Denver for a business training. First off this DoubleTree location is literally just 24 minutes drive time from the Denver Airport via I-70 West. Although I drove past it the first time, the 4040 Quebec Street DoubleTree is very easy to get to. Once you exit the ramp, from the Interstate, you are only 1 minute from the front door of the hotel.

At first glance you might feel a little disappointed in the location and first appearance of the area. But trust me when I tell you that once you enter the lobby you shall notice a shining glimmer of Hilton. I personally think they did a great job recently renovating from a previous hotel chain of lesser quality. I found the hotel to me modestly updated. Not upscale modern, but most definitely clean and modern within very tasteful means.

Let me back up and talk about the parking for just a moment. At the time of my visit there must have been a young womens lacrosse tournament taking place. There were lacrosse girls everywhere in our hotel and surrounding areas. With that being said I found the parking lot to be quite full all of the time with plenty of cars and large 15 passenger vans. Had it not been for the overflow of tournament guests the parking would have been ample. Instead each evening my husband and I had to circle the lot at least once looking for a parking spot.

At check in the staff was friendly and efficient. Our hotel was on the Hilton Honors fifth floor. We were in room 520. Our room was clean, comfortable and overlooked the swimming pool. The only thing I would liked to have changed was the size. The rooms here are of average size, with not much stretching room. The room is not cramped, but it's no suite either. However, non-the-less we were comfortable. A king bed, chair with ottoman, desk, large 3 drawer dresser, night stands, fridge and tv are in the room.

The updated bathroom was also on the small average size. I must mention the water flow in our sink was horrible, as it was extremely slow. Hopefully the experience in our room was not an indication of the entire hotel bathrooms.

In regards to proximity, this DoubleTree also has easy access to dining and shopping. Just across the street is a large strip mall. If you go down the street about 11 blocks you come across a hip area of dining and shopping. When you go East one exit you come to another mall with even better dining. Hit I-70 West to !-25 South and you are downtown in minutes. All of the sports stadiums are in the downtown area. Keep going on I-25 and you enter Colorado Springs in about an hour. Keep heading west on I-70 and you start to scale the fore front of the beautiful Rocky Mountains. In other words this DoubleTree is in a great location to easily access so much to see and do in the Denver area. In the 3-1/2 days I visited, I was able to see quite a bit after my business trainings. How? Because they were very easy to get to.

I give the 4040 Quebec DoubleTree a Thumbs Up! From your happy traveling travel agent Beverly Colar-Credelle

1 Thank BevCredelle
Dear BevCredelle,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. We are happy you found our staff friendly and efficient along with having a comfortable stay. Our guests are our number one priority. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Doubletree Hotels are usually pretty reliable in terms of their upkeep and amenities, but this one really misses the mark. It's located in a particularly ugly area off an easy-to-miss access road, and is sandwiched between several railroad tracks (yes you can hear the trains at night) and some kind of ominous-looking power station. There are no grounds to speak of - just a large, dated, utilitarian structure plunked down in the middle of sea of asphalt. The lobby is quite nice, but that seems to be where they spent all the money, without any left over for the hallways (which felt more like low-income projects than a hotel), the rooms (which are more than a bit frayed around the edges), or the WiFi (which was laughably slow). Staff was pleasant enough and parking was easy, but otherwise there's not much to recommend it. As noted above, it's very easy to miss the turn-off to the frontage road where the hotel is located - look carefully, or else you can easily find yourself back on the 1-way main road and driving, literally, several miles out of your way to circle back to the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get as far away from the train tracks as possible if train noise keeps you up.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear LAguy90046,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.

I am hoping to get an opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and do hope to hear from you soon. I am sorry for the experience you had and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinions are important to us.

matthew.anderson@hilton.com
Lindside, West Virginia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Very nice hotel. Close to Northfield Mall, and many restaurants. Clean, and well appointed. Very helpful staff. The room lacked a microwave and a fridge. Both would have been nice to have. AC worked fine. Had a Red-Eye out of Denver the second night. Paid for two nights, but due to early checkout the second night, Doubletree did not charge me. Not expected, but much appreciated!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear James W,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travel brings you to our area.

Oneill
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a lovely hotel and staff and great access to Denver International Airport. The room was comfortable, quiet, and clean. Everyone was very accommodating and booked our two rooms side by side. Furthermore, the rate was very competitive for such a nice hotel. We didn't get our cookies, but no worries.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Karen S,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed our property. I am sorry to hear you did not get your "warm DoubleTree cookie" at check in as I know this is something our guest look forward to.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This Doubletree needs to be updated or retired. It was very old and the toilet did not work in my room. I had to fix it myself because engineering was off for the night. The room was very outdated and something that even the fresh cookie could not overcome. The neighborhood around it was not something I would consider safe and the hotel is very out of the way of everything. Definitely not somewhere I would stay for anything other than the United voucher that took me there. When we got on the bus, the driver tried to tell us the rooms were sold out and to get off the bus. Horrible customer service. At least the front desk was able to find everyone rooms.

Room Tip: The only good thing is that I got a hilton honors room that was big.
Dear Bonnie B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback.
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The rooms were very clean, and comfortable. Bed linen was clean and soft, and the carpet was very clean. Lobby area is very nice. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. If I had anything to negative to say about the place is that the breakfast is a bit expensive, but you should expect that from a Hilton property. The front desk staff were OK, but could have been a bit nicer, but I can't complain as the room made up for it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear brads532,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We will use your comments to continue to improve guest experience.