DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #70 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Denver, Colorado
“Terrible Visit”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Staff inattentative to guest's needs as far as distance of room from elevators, especial;;y if guest was only 6 weeks post-op from knee replace surgery. Room not clean. Food in restaurant cold and tasteless. No help offered with luggage.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear 33388John,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. First, let me apologize for the distance of your room from the elevator as I know surgery is very stressful. I also would like to say we take great pride in providing a clean room for our guest and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I ask that you give us another chance to make your stay an exceptional stay. We will share your comments with our staff.

(303) 262-7701

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights in early July during a business trip. Note that this is NOT the Doubletree next to the railroad tracks. The hotel was crowded with athletes, teams and families since it was the lacrosse tournament. My room was on the Honors floor and the room was good. There was some noise from the room next door but mainly just slamming doors. Breakfast buffet was ok. It was included in my room rate and I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it. My only complaint was the parking lot. There was no parking available in front and the side lot is used for the rental cars. The parking garage located behind the hotel is rather dark, even during the day. I did use the shuttle to the airport on the way home and it only took about 20 minutes to get there.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear platie,

Thank you for your candid comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I do apologize for the noise you experienced during your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area.

Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This great location is near everything. Close to the airport, and near downtown, we found that we were not far away from anything while staying at this Doubletree Hotel. The bed was uber comfortable and bathroom was well stocked with lots of towels and amenities. No corners were cut that was well evident. Insider Tip: Start your day with a buffet breakfast in the restaurant just off the lobby and have a drink in the lounge in the evening and take advantage of the amenities so you don't have to drive to find restaurants to start your day and end your night.

Room Tip: Higher floor the better.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear GeauxFrogs,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your nice comments. Please refer us to your friends and family.

Denver, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Noisy, people at front desk are not kind, they keep you waiting. Charge high amounts in restourant . Also giving false information about the stuff you ask and if you use valet loundry they charge you most

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Yavuz D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback.
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.

(303) 262-7701

Travellers are raving about these Denver hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a lovely Doubletree. The staff was helpful and friendly. The restaurant was great. Rooms with a fridge can be a little tight on space. This hotel offers a free shuttle to the Denver Airport which was awesome. There's also an Enterprise right next door which saves a ton of money instead of renting at the airport. This hotel is perfect for those traveling and renting a car. I'd stay here again anytime I'm in Denver.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Joni H,

Thank you for your awesome feedback! I will share your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area!

Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was recently in the Denver area for my son's lacrosse tournament. We chose to stay at this Doubletree based on the pictures on their website and the close proxemity to the lacrosse fields. When we entered the room we were surprised to see the room was much smaller than it appeared on the website. When we asked about getting a bigger room we were told their was nothing they could do about it. During the first night of the stay, we were awoken several times throughout the night by the extremely loud sound of a train passing by and blowing its horn. It sounded as if it was coming through our room. We were never warned of this issue prior to staying. When I called the front desk about it I was told the trains come by every night and there was nothing they could do about it. I asked to be moved to a room not facing the train tracks and I was told that was not possible. Then I asked if I could check out early as I could not sleep under these conditions and I was told I would be charged a cancellation fee. After three nights of the train issue and no sleep, I was able to move rooms. I only was able to do this by checking out and then checking back into a more expensive room. The first night in this room we were awoken be an very large churning noise being made the air conditioner. Clearly it was not working properly. They did come by the next day and fix the air conditioner unit when I complained. The rooms smelled very musty and the breakfast was not very good. There are much better hotels in the area. If you plan to be in this area, chose a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mark S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Would only stay here again if paid for through work. Not close to Denver at all. Shuttle from airport broke down so had to take a cab to the tune of $50. Avis in the hotel had no availability the entire time I was there. Luckily Hertz and Enterprise were within walking distance.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Franknkerry,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your candid response. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while riding our airport shuttle.