“Free Chocolate Chip Cookies”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #71 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Warwick, England, United Kingdom
“Free Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

United Airlines makes you loose faith in customer services in America, but Double Tree restored it. Flight from Jackson Hole delayed by 5 hours, so had to stay the night in Denver. Double Tree did distressed passenger rate of $74 for double room. Free shuttle service from the airport, friendly staff to check you in, free chocolate cookies to finish it all off. Room is clean, spacious, has coffee machine and big TV. Beds are very comfortable.
Many thanks Doubletree !

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jan K
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Jan K,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry your flight was delayed as I know traveling can be exhausting. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please refer us to your family and friends.

(303) 262-7701

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 23 July 2014

People who travel as much as I do will appreciate this...

When you travel for work and you spend a lot of time in hotels you notice the little things. A good hotel can mean a decent end to a bad day. Whereas a bad hotel can mean a crappy end to a good day.

This has been my experience at the Doubletree North Stapleton (Denver).

Only two out of probably 10 outlets in my room work. One in the bathroom and one in the bedside lamp. Have to do work from bed which gets uncomfortable quickly. Had to iron clothes in the tiny bathroom this morning. Can't plug in laptop and phone at the same time.

Five lamps in my room. Only two work... Again, outlets.

No signs or information (including in-room information booklet) anywhere in the hotel telling you where the ice machines are. Call the front desk and their response is (rudely), "There is an ice machine on every floor sir. Just walk down the hall and around the corner."

The ice bucket is tiny.

The iron barely works. Instead of steam I got mineral filled drips. After I was able to "iron" my shirt and pants I had to then use the blow dryer to dry all the water spots before leaving for the day.

Overall the hotel just smells old. And not charming historic old. Like every room was a smoking room 30 years ago.

No refrigerator in the room. They won't bring me one.

Not enough parking and the hotel is full. Had to park down the street.

Lots of little very poorly done repairs. All with caulk mind you. No matter what the surface. Goopy yellowing caulk everywhere.

They store the "safety roll" behind the "in-use" roll in the wall. Its sort of wedged in there so when you pull on the TP only one sheet at a time comes off.

Ugh.

Room Tip: Avoid room 111
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Brian H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback.
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing. I ask that the next time you are in our area that you give us another chance to make it right.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Me and my family explored USA and Canada for 3 weeks starting our trip from Denver and ending up in Seattle. We are a family of five with three grown-up children. In some places we shared a room and in some we took two separate rooms. This was the first hotel on this trip.

First we went to the other DoubleTree some blocks away. It was not that nice to find yourself in the wrong location 2 a.m. after travelling almost 20 hours. But it was not the hotel's fault. The warm cookies we received when checking in helped quite a lot to improve the spirit.

We had two separate rooms, which were pretty basic. The only thing worth mentioning is the nice gym they had. The location was OK, railway very close as well as some road work. But you could find restaurants and a Walmart very close to the hotel.

Comparing with other hotels during our US trip this one in Denver had one of the best value-for-money ratios. Nothing special, but in relation to the cost very good!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear MatkaajaSuomi,

We appreciate your candid feedback from your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family again the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Houston
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is next to the railroad tracks, the other DoubleTree is further south on Quebec. The only saving grace was the comfortable bed and the proximity to Dick's Sporting Goods Park.

Hilton added on a nice lobby and conference rooms to the old hotel, however, I rarely saw that part due to the location of my room. The rooms are part of the old hotel and certainly look it. Peeling wallpaper, filthy carpets, stained shower/tub, etc. They tried to make it nice by adding new furnishings, but that is just putting lipstick on a pig.

Was here for a tournament for 16 days. Took 4 days to get a replacement iron, and 5 days to get a refrigerator [even though when I called a month prior, they told me they would take a 'reservation' for that]. Cleaning rags left in room by housekeeping twice [which didn't bother me so much].

The walls are thin, and you definately hear the train if you're near the tracks. There is no business center - two desks in the lobby next to registration is all. Wifi was spotty at best [but at least is was free].

The water starts out too hot, then gets really cold, which does not make for a good shower. I'm guessing people have been hanging wet towels on the shower curtain rod [there is no other place to hang them] because the rod dipped in the middle, which means the shower curtain slides to the center, thus getting the entire bathroom wet. There is no place to hang clothes to get dressed in after the shower either.

The parking lot is difficult to get in and out of, but is very close to I-70. Vending machines were never filled the 16 days I was there, no one staffing the 'snack cart' in the lobby to buy anything either. Cleaning staff clean rooms 24/7 so you are always dodging carts. I was not there long enough to try the food.

The a/c unit is the old type under the window and makes a ton of noise. So being closer to the window you're cold, but in the bathroom or closet area you're hot. No idea what the thermostat on the wall controls, as no matter what I adjusted it too, the bathroom was a sauna.

Not much else to say... don't let the pictures fool you, other than the lobby and bar area, the place is a dump.

Room Tip: Get a room as far from the rail tracks as possible!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear HowdyPez,

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests are very important to our staff. I wanted to personally apologize for your experience that you had while staying with us. I have forwarded this review to all the managers regarding all of the issues you mentioned. I would like you to come back so we can show you that we can make it right. If you have any further comments or questions please do not hesitate on contacting me.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Staff inattentative to guest's needs as far as distance of room from elevators, especial;;y if guest was only 6 weeks post-op from knee replace surgery. Room not clean. Food in restaurant cold and tasteless. No help offered with luggage.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear 33388John,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. First, let me apologize for the distance of your room from the elevator as I know surgery is very stressful. I also would like to say we take great pride in providing a clean room for our guest and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I ask that you give us another chance to make your stay an exceptional stay. We will share your comments with our staff.

Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights in early July during a business trip. Note that this is NOT the Doubletree next to the railroad tracks. The hotel was crowded with athletes, teams and families since it was the lacrosse tournament. My room was on the Honors floor and the room was good. There was some noise from the room next door but mainly just slamming doors. Breakfast buffet was ok. It was included in my room rate and I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it. My only complaint was the parking lot. There was no parking available in front and the side lot is used for the rental cars. The parking garage located behind the hotel is rather dark, even during the day. I did use the shuttle to the airport on the way home and it only took about 20 minutes to get there.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear platie,

Thank you for your candid comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I do apologize for the noise you experienced during your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area.

Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This great location is near everything. Close to the airport, and near downtown, we found that we were not far away from anything while staying at this Doubletree Hotel. The bed was uber comfortable and bathroom was well stocked with lots of towels and amenities. No corners were cut that was well evident. Insider Tip: Start your day with a buffet breakfast in the restaurant just off the lobby and have a drink in the lounge in the evening and take advantage of the amenities so you don't have to drive to find restaurants to start your day and end your night.

Room Tip: Higher floor the better.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear GeauxFrogs,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your nice comments. Please refer us to your friends and family.