“Nice room, nice price!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #71 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at this Denver hotel while passing through town due to it's ratings. This is a nice clean hotel with great rooms at a good price. They have a bar and a restaurant, so they do not have a complimentary breakfast, which I would prefer. Make sure you carefully check the directions as it can be difficult to find.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Dave L,

Thank you for taking time to write a nice review of our property. We take pride in the quality of service that we offer our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again and also recommending our hotel to your family and friends.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Shuttle service to and from the Airport is good. The food a bit pricing in their restaurant; but the quality and service make allowances for that. The accomadations are excellent and the pool is a nice break for the kids.

Dear Robert H,

Thank you for a wonderful review of our property and staff. I will share your comments with our staff. Once again, thank you!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a hotel which has some nice aspects but it's getting a little long in the tooth. Lobby areas are very nice and well done. The sleeping rooms not so much. The linens and such are clean and fresh.

1  Thank Fred K

Dear Fred K,

Thank you for your candid feedback. We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel is very nice and recently updated. The bar stays open late and serves food until midnight. All the staff was very nice a accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel to other travelers, especially if you leave the hotel early and come back late. Parking is good, but getting to the hotel is a little tricky. Be sure you have good directions. Overall a good stay at the hotel!

1  Thank COASBTrainer

Dear COASBTrainer,

Thank you for your nice review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Being greeted in a welcoming manner when checking in can make a big difference. No doorman or bellman to help with your luggage here though, some of the many transients in the nearby area might have been drafted to assist. Apparently the foreign born young woman never heard of Hilton Honors guests. She had no smile of welcome or anything else. She seemed to think the standard cookies (very good cookies) at Double Tree were only to be given out if asked for multiple times. Her name began with a K and we checked in on the 2nd shift. My friends who checked in on the first shift said they were warmly welcomed. Apparently, the second shift missed basic Hospitality training. I was there two nights and not once in my stay did I see this woman smile. Housekeeping seemed to be the only friendly people on staff. The web site states that you can get a refrigerator sent to you room. Not so, and the 2nd shift staff seemed not to care at all. Also, there was no microwave or safe in our 2nd floor room. There is a nice lobby area and the conference/ballrooms are nice. A train runs next to the property which you can hear in the wee hours of the morning. However, earplugs were in the room. Standard tub and shower. Room seemed clean if old. There is a nice outdoor pool with tables on a grassy surround. I did not see any parking lot or grounds security which was a concern. There are shopping areas and restaurants within a short drive. Bottom line is that I hope I never have to stay here again. But, others in my group felt a little better than I about the Hotel.

Room Tip: PIck Room on North Side away from Railroad Tracks.

Dear Darius M,

Thank you for your candid feedback. First let me apologize for not feeling welcomed at check in. Our guests are our number one priority and it seems we have failed. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate departments and used as a training tool for customer service. I ask that you give us another chance the next time you are in our area. Once again, please accept my apologies.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My flight was delay until the next morning. Southwest provided a voucher to stay at the Doubletree. The staff was cheerful and welcome a weary traveler with a cookie and a clean room. I was at my worst, they were at their best. Clean, nice hotel worth staying at.

1  Thank John T

Dear John T,

Thank you for your nice review of our property. I am sorry you were delayed during your travels. I am glad you enjoyed your room and found our staff to be cheerful. I will share your comments with our staff. Once again, thank you.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

United Airlines makes you loose faith in customer services in America, but Double Tree restored it. Flight from Jackson Hole delayed by 5 hours, so had to stay the night in Denver. Double Tree did distressed passenger rate of $74 for double room. Free shuttle service from the airport, friendly staff to check you in, free chocolate cookies to finish it all off. Room is clean, spacious, has coffee machine and big TV. Beds are very comfortable.
Many thanks Doubletree !

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jan K

Dear Jan K,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry your flight was delayed as I know traveling can be exhausting. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please refer us to your family and friends.