DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
Ranked #72 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We didn't get to enjoy Denver or hotel too much but from the time we checked in/ out we had a nice experience. Marcus greeted us as we entered and he was very pleasant & helpful!.. We were a little early but our room was ready. The next afternoon my husband was admitted into the hospital because of the high altitude. We stayed in the hospital two days, so I saw Marcus in the hallway and explained our situation to him and he was very sympathetic & asked if he could do anything. That was very considerate of him. So after being released from the hospital on Saturday night I decided to get some rest and start back home to Indy Sunday afternoon. We was suppose to stay till Monday but our vacation was not a happy one anymore!..I would definitely stay here again if I return to Denver!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Solo1218,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We are happy you received the service you deserve. I will share your comments with Marcus, he is a great addition to our team. I hope your husband is feeling better. Please visit us again the next time your are in our area.

(303) 262-7701

Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very noisy outside noises (trains, trucks on highway), pool too deep for children to play in, no hot tub, breakfast is not free, extra charges for "potential" room service requests, cooling system broken

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Travis J,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We also apologize for the noise you experienced. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel as your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This Doubletree has an Enterprise next door and a free shuttle to and from DIA. So much near by and quick access to I70. The staff is very nice. As rooms go it is comfortable and large enough. Clean and has everything you need. Not a 5 star but works well for the price.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Annamarie M,

Thank you for writing a review on our property. We are happy you found our staff to be nice, our rooms comfortable and clean, and the fact that our location is convenient. Please refer us to your family and friends and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great location and will even be better when the rail to the airport is up and running. Lobby area and reception area looks great, walked in and had decent expectations. I came in early around 2pm, knowing that it was the luck of the draw to be able to get in to my room early. As I was checking in I was told my room was not ready and they could call me when it was. No worries, it happens, went to back part of lobby to take a conference call and get some work done. 4pm rolls around and I go back to the desk because never received a call. Room was ready, however the person checking me in was more than lost on how to check in, run credit cards, find my bag, give me breakfast coupons and just about anything that takes about 2 minutes during a normal check this ended up taking about 10 min.

Room was maybe a 6 out 10. Very old property once past the lobby. Room was clean but very dated, tub/shower really needs some updating/replacement, it was showing its age. Settled in to get some more work done and someone ended up drilling in the room next to me for the next hour or so. Kind of annoying and way too loud to get anything accomplished.

Gym was very nice, enough equipment but VERY small. As many hotels go through remodel and open up gym space this would be highly recommended. IT was VERY busy. The weight side is good for about 2 people and when I started by the time I left 5 where in there using equipment, it was more like dancing around the others than getting done. Great facilities but VERY small.

Breakfast buffet was as most are in Doubletree properties. Food was hot, good selection and very attentive staff. Asked for drink order immediately once I sat down, brought drinks, asked if I wanted anything egg wise from the kitchen, and kept my drinks full and table clean. Awesome service in the restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear goodislife2,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your candid feedback. First let me apologize for the longer than usual time to get you checked into the hotel. Secondly, I would like to apologize for the noise you encountered during your stay. We will use your comments as a training tool to improve customer service. Once again, thank you.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My feeling towards this hotel started before my arrival. I called prior to my trip to confirm information, and was treated as if I was being a bother. Then upon my arrival, I was immediately told that they would not have any king size rooms available, so was moved to a double room next to the vending machines with no courtyard view as "promised". I know I was there for a seminar and received a "discounted" rate but there is no excuse for treating me any different and moving me to a room that I was not promised. I have plans on returning to Denver and will not request to stay at this hotel if I can help it. Definitely had better expectations from a Hilton Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Stacia M,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that you felt in any way unwelcome during your stay.
Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

the bed was heaven after a long drive . we enjoyed dinner in the restaurant the food was excellent and service was very attentive. in the morning we were in a hurry and the breakfast was quick, we would have liked the buffet every thing was fresh and hot, just not enough time for us to enjoy. the location near the airport was very good and rental car across street made it so easy. the staff was great and the shuttle to airport both ways made life easy would definatly stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ann Marie S,

Thank you for your nice comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I will share your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area. Please refer us to your family and friends.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel was very reasonable. The room was clean and the only distraction was some minor noise made by the heater. The workout facility was clean and well maintained. Staff was pleasant. Airport shuttle was timely. I will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear bjdav,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We apologize for the noise you experienced from the heater. I will share your comment with our engineering department. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!