“Best Greek food I've had in years!”
Review of Axios Estiatorio - CLOSED

Axios Estiatorio
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 39th
Description: Modern. Greek. Awesome.
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I went with a group of 25--and everyone, yes absolutely everyone, loved their food. It's been years since I had Greek food up to these standards.

I began with the Gyros sliders appetizer. The Gyros meat was plentiful, the tzatziki sauce perfectly seasoned, and the presentation lovely. I chose the lamb kebabs for my main course. This arrived with two very generous skewers--plenty of lamb (which is where some places skimp), and just enough peppers and onions. The rice and accompanying veggies were spot-on seasoned. Served nice and hot. Yummy!

I don't have much of a sweet tooth and seldom order dessert--especially in a Greek restaurant, since Baklava is usually too sweet for me. I had read that the almond olive oil cake was outstanding, and our waitress recommended it. Since I like almonds, I ordered the warm almond olive oil cake. OMG!!!! An indescribably delicate warm, almond cake, served with a generous dollop of creme chantilly. A perfect ending to a fabulous meal. All others in our group who ordered dessert were equally delighted with their choices. The others were jealous:)

Axios was not the least bit challenged by our large group, and had allotted sufficient waitstaff so that we were well cared for. Elsewhere this is often not the case, especially on a Saturday night, with every table occupied.

I wish I lived closer to Axios so I could partake of their fabulous food often! If you're in Denver, in the mood for Greek food, make the trip. On street parking was crowded, but Axios has parking in the rear of the restaurant.

1  Thank Chaps60

Reviewed 28 March 2012

My wife and I went for lunch the other day. I was impressed with the menu (although a bit pricey in some cases)... AND the abundance of gluten free opitions. I had an appetizer of dolmades (rice stuffed grape leaves) with pine nuts and a creamy sauce that was very good. I also had a bowl of their chicken soup which was excellent (not salty at al!). My wife enjoyed her gyros with Greek fries and house made ketchup. I wish the would have had some conventional ketchup around.
It was a very nice lunch, with adequate service from the staff. With more tables filled, they'd have had a rough time.
I recommend Axios... excellent food.

1  Thank senyor
Reviewed 20 March 2012

What a fantastic meal. The service was perfect. Greeted at the door and invited to come back as we left. Pricing is very reasonable and the quality of food was great.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We were well surprised by very good dishes with clever taste twists to surprise, making some traditional dishes unique. Nice seating, friendly staff and decor. A very pleasant place for lunch or dinner.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We have been searching for a great Greek restaurant for years and we've finally found it with this restaurant! The food is incredible and in some cases, is better than our family's Greek recipes! We cannot recommend this enough and if you're familiar with true Greek cuisine, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank LND85