“Nice hotel, no sound barriers”

TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Ranked #43 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Ontario, Canada
“Nice hotel, no sound barriers”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and while the rooms were nice, breakfast was good, service was adequate, etc., the building is anything but sound construction-wise. Every night of my three night stay at various times, I was awoken by what sounded like a couple having a little too much fun. Hard to distinguish where the nasty racket was from but the... sounds were audible and clear via the air duct/ventilation. Events occurred at all hours of the night but involved the same participants... if I am the manager I am looking at installing sound breaks and reassessing who is on my overnight staff....

• Stayed April 2014
Jesse P, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
sensfan83,
Thank you for posting your first TripAdvisor review! I sincerely apologize that you were woken up by the sounds coming from another room next door. We do our best to keep the hallways quiet at night so that everyone can get a great nights rest while staying with us. Our night staff frequently patrols the hallways throughout their shift and will address any noise issues that they encounter. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our hotel, the service and our complimentary breakfast! Thank you for staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Great service at check in. The room is spacious, comfortable and the most important for me, super clean! Relatively close to the airport and with parking service for just $5 per day. Very convenient for traveling. They also have free shuttle service to the airport. Very satisfy, will come back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
NiceJoselyn,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our long term parking. It is a very affordable and convenient option when traveling through the Denver airport. Have a great week!
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was so pleasantly surprised with this hotel! I got it on a very good deal through Priceline and was shocked to see how nice it was! It was super clean, spacious, and seemed brand new! The rooms have full kitchens and are very close to Denver airport. The beds were very comfortable and the front desk was helpful. A simple continental breakfast is also included. I definitely recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank snsmith27
Jesse P, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
snsmith27,
Thank you for posting a review in regards to your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property! With our high standards that are set by Marriott International, we aim to ensure that every guest who stays at our property has a great experience. We hope to see you soon!
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The rooms (we had 2) looked new, clean, and had some nice features like the kitchenette and ample closet space. On the strange side, the room I used only had a half a roll of toilet paper and paper towels provided and no extras... The biggest negative was trying to get to sleep before our long day of travel. I don't know if it was the ventilation system, but I could hear people talking just as if they were standing in our room until 11:30pm or so and THEN the smell of coffee brewing woke me up at 3:30 and I could still smell it when I finally got up at 6. I can't remember ever experiencing something like this and needless to say, we will stay at the hotel we used when passing through Denver the last time, NOT TownePlace Suites.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jesse P, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Peggy D,

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction and from the ratings that you gave us in your review, we did not meet or exceed your expectations. We are held to very high standards by Marriott. I apologize that you were woken up by the smell of coffee brewing so early in the morning. Also, the absence of extra toilet paper and paper towels in your room is unacceptable as every room should be stocked with extras of these items. I have spoken with my housekeeping supervisor and we have corrected this issue.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I understand you would not want to experience this again but I hope that you would be able to give us another chance. When you are in the Denver area again, please contact me and I will take care of your next stay. My e-mail is jesse.pearson@marriott.com or (303) 373-4243.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Whoever planned this property probably thought they had a winner but sometimes we can outsmart ourselves and forget the basics of customer service. First off, why reserve the best 20 parking places for LEV's? I get handicapped, senior and pregnant women reserved spaces but why LEV's? All of us that rent non-electric vehicles are chopped liver and have to park around the side of the building and drag our luggage through the sub zero weather passed the elite, politically correct spaces? Stooopid. And even though you would think having kitchenettes with burners and stove and all would be a good idea but that also means that people are cooking and the smells are shared throughout the other rooms. Not interested in smelling cabbage cooking at 11pm. Other than that, comfortable but not exceptional rooms. Good location, bad checkout from rather rude young lady. I will definitely look for another option next time in Denver.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jesse P, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Brett C,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We strive to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected, and I apologize that we fell short of our standards. I have have spoken personally to the entire front desk team to pass on your comments to ensure that none of our guests have an unpleasant checkout or experience with our staff while staying at our hotel.

One highlight of our hotel is that we have do have fully equipped kitchenettes in every room. I apologize that you had to encounter the smells from another guest cooking in their suite. We are currently looking into a system that would decrease the amount of cooking smells that tend to travel from room to room.

In regards to the LEV parking spaces, we are proud to be the first TownePlace Suites LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified hotel when we opened in May of 2012. Among many other environmentally friendly feature and practices that we embrace at our property, one requirement of this certification is that we provide designated LEV (low emission vehicle) parking spots closest to the front entrance of our hotel. However, LEV's are not restricted to only electric cars, there is a list of almost 2000 vehicles dated back to 1998 which are considered LEV's. I would say that most rental cars would be an LEV since they are all newer models.

Besides the specifics of whether or not your car that you drive is an LEV, we will always accommodate all of our guests who prefer to park closest to the entrance of our hotel. Our guests are always number one here at the TownePlace Suites Denver Airport!

Thank you again for your comments as they will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town!
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I am a Marriott fun but usually stay in Residence Inn with the family or in JV Marriott hotels on business trips. I was skeptical about TownePlace Suites and was surprised to see a modern just remodeled hotel! The room was great, awesome kitchen, huge bathroom!
One con is that our room was across the swimming pool and we could hear the noise till midnight. Suggest that the management restricts pool hours till 10pm

Room Tip: Farther from the pool
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julia A
Julia A,

Thank you for posting a review in regards to your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that you had a great first time experience with the TownePlace Suites brand. Our property was newly built 2 years ago and still has that brand new feel to it. There are many more that are currently being built across the country so I am sure you will be staying with us more frequently. I apologize that there was excessive noise coming from our pool area after hours. Currently, the pool is open from 6:00am to 11:00pm and I have spoken to my front desk staff to ensure that they are enforcing these hours so that other guests are not disturbed. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!
Sun City, Arizona
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Pricelined this place as we needed to get out early in the a.m. at DIA. Not knowing what to expect, we were pleasantly surprised. This place was great, and remodeled with everything you need. If I were to have to stay in the Denver area for a long period, I would definitely stay here as it's easy Airport access and easy I-70 access and for a great price. Clean, and the service was excellent and polite. Full breakfast, and the rooms are big and well equipped with a kitchenette, and sofa and work station, and drawers for all your belonging. Also a large closet. Just a pleasant surprise that I will book again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Elptuc,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! One of my favorite highlights of our rooms are the large work stations that allow you to set up an entire office if needed. The expandable desks can easily be pulled out to turn it into an L-shaped desk for more room and then stored away when you're not working to allow more space for relaxing in the evening. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you back here soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Residence Inn Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport

Been to TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park? Share your experiences!