“Good Food, Meh Service”

Lucky Pie
Ranked #95 of 2,986 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Colorado
“Good Food, Meh Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stopped into Lucky Pie before a Rockies game and were pleased, the Pizza was good, we had the Cheech and the Banana Hammock, I preferred the Banana Hammock but I think our Cheech was slightly overcooked. We also had the Kale Chips and the Squeaky Cheese Curds to start, the Cheese curds were amazing!!! While they had a very large selection of beer, they could have done a better job to have some on tap that weren't microbrews, not everybody loves them. Service was very slow considering that the place was near empty while we were there. Overall, I would go back.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Hove
“Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

This place was recommended to me by a local for its range of beers and service. It was a great tip I am pleased to share.
Unfortunately they didn't have the specific beer that i had been told to get (Crooked Stave) but they had a fine range and suggested giving me a few samplers to help me choose.
I sat in here all evening having superb pizza and enjoying the service and ambience. I'm grateful to my anonymous recommender

Visited September 2013
La Porte, Texas
“Good Pizza and Good Brews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

During a visit to Denver, we had a late lunch at Lucky Pie and Tap House. We ordered a basic pepperoni with jalapeño from their wood fired oven. The pizza was delicious. We had the bartender as our server and she provided samples of 5 of their >30 beers on tap before I decided on a wonderful Belgium beer with a fruity froth on top. Great beer and late lunch.

Visited July 2013
Sarasota FL
“Very disappointing - basta!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

A $ 20.00 gourmet pizza which just doesn't make the grade (Di giorno's would have been ...) A boring Arugula salad w/hardly any dressing, ehhh no thanks, sorry!!!

Visited June 2013
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Disappointed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Found this place while walking down the 16th Street Mall! Was craving pizza so decided why not! Got seated with no problem but once seated the service was a little slow for not being busy! Then when looking at the menu, there were very few pizzas to choose from on the menu which was disappinted! Ended up getting the Mozz! Don't get me wrong the pizza was very tasty but wasn't the type of pizza i was looking for! I would say if you want pizza with more of a selection then go somewhere else!

• Visited June 2013

Been to Lucky Pie? Share your experiences!