“BEST MUSEUM”

Museo de las Americas
Ranked #112 of 251 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: Museo de las Americas is dedicated to educating our community through collecting, preserving, interpreting and exhibiting the diverse arts and cultures of the Americas from ancient to contemporary, through innovative exhibitions and programs.We are located in the heart of Denver's Art District on Santa Fe.
Evergreen, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“BEST MUSEUM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Super successful museum with great Mesoamerican objects. Their pieces are beautiful, they collect unique art from Latin America, full of color and tradition, they take care of communities, educate them and help them grow. Their expositions are beautiful, I love this museum for being small, with personalized attention, and constant invitation to attend and increase wisdom with the beauty that goes through your eyes to your heart. This is a must visit when you are around

Visited February 2014
2 Thank contreras g

Maine
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Small”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I am glad someone warned me about how small this is. I would go again, but first I would check carefully to see if the exhibit really interested me. I had hoped that there would be more to see from the permanent collection.

Visited February 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“A Real Cultural Find off the Beaten Path of Downtown Denver”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2009

I have been to Denver twice now and really love the city. I could live there. One reason is the Museo De Las Americas and the surrounding Santa Fe Arts District that it is a part of. I came for a meeting a year ago and found this tiny area on the downtown map. I was intrigued, needed a walk, and set out on a journey. It was about 15 minutes walk from downtown proper to the Santa Fe arts distict. The Museo has a rather small "permanent" collection of South American/Mexican American art and a bit of history. Its, well, ok, but the shows are really remarkable. They specialize in putting together shows of contemporary art from the Americas with a mix of the older and younger artist. Some are downright cutting edge, but all are intriguing. In addition, it has a small museo shop where you can by reasonably priced folk art from Mexico as well as some from local artists.

The district also has a lot of galleries. The most culturally interesting is the Chaca gallery just down the street. It was highly recommended by the staff at the Museo.

I have been to Denver twice and have visited the Museo twice. It is worth a trip and especially so if you take the time to have lunch at one of the local, authentic Mexican eateries there and explore the other galleries afterward.

1 Thank MelandRog
Colorado Springs, CO
276 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,015 helpful votes
“We loved this museum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2005

We stopped at this museum in Denver when we only had about 30 extra minutes and it was the perfect amount of time. The staff was instantly helpful and was available to answer any of our questions. We saw blankets, clothing, masks, bead jewlry, etc from Latin American culture. There were also toys, swords, musical instruments. Very well displayed. Then we turned the corner to another room and were so amazed! A large replica of an aztec pyriamid! With a mural on the wall showing where in the city it would be located. Very cool! This museum is worth stopping at if you have some time while visiting Denver. A very neat experience!

5 Thank nowincolorado