“A quaint professional yet personal experience”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #15 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A quaint professional yet personal experience”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This Marriott nestled in the Cherry Creek shopping area is a perfect place to stay for business in the area. It is a well appointed Marriott that feels personal and offers spacious rooms. It is convenient for local shopping and dining and only a 10 minute cab ride to downtown. There is a restaurant in the hotel that offers homestyle food with a unique take on it. I had "bacon and eggs" which was a plate of fried gnocchi with pancetta and a poached egg with a lovely sauce. The gym could be a little bigger, but it was clean and functional.

1 Thank Gophillies20
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Gophillies20,

Thank you for your kind review. It is very much appreciated. I agree that the location is amazing. I do not believe there is a better place to stay in all of Denver. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy the restaurant as well. Thank you for your business and please come see us again.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Amsterdam
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Stayed here for 4nights while on business in Denver. Clean hotel, excellent service, very smart hotel bar, cool part of town (great shopping at the Cherry Creek mall close by). Extremely well appointed rooms (though my view wasn't great this didn't detract from the experience). Probably the only criticism were odd pillows on the bed. Certainly will choose to stay here again

Room Tip: Ask if you want a good view
Dear Craig_Marie,

Thanks for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed Cherry Creek area. I would love to know specifically what your issue with the pillows were if you so choose. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel. Hope to see you again very soon. Have an awesome day!

Warm Regards,

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 May 2012

stayed four nights
- friendly staff
- clean room
- big bath
- nice view if you are high up and facing the rockies

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear VegasBalance,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor survey. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am glad the staff and room lived up to your expectations. We appreciate your business and value you as a customer. Hope to see you again very soon.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed there with my family for two days. The hotel is very good. It is my first choice when I go to Denver.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Carlos,

Thank you so much for your kind review. It is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear we are your first choice when you visit Denver. Hope to see you again soon.

Have a great day!

san antonio
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My family and I stayed here recently based on a local's advice. Best advice in a long time. The hotel is real nice and very comfortable. What really stood out was how friendly and acccomodating ALL the staff was. From the parking valet to the front desk to room service. Day in and day out. You rarely find this. In addition, the location is perfect. Great surrounding neighborhood allows for endless walking around if you choose to. Everything you need is there. We were going to see Univ. of Denver and was quite convenient for that too. I did drive over to downtown to check the location of a few other hotels I had thought about and can say, without a doubt, that would have been a mistake. JW Mariott really does have the perfect location and is the "only place to stay".

Room Tip: 8th Floor Mountain view room was quiet and nice scenary.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ddavis130
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Ddavis,

Thank you for your kind review. It is very much appreciated. Thank you for recognizing the staff's efforts as well. I am happy to hear the location and hotel lived up to your expectations and you felt you made the right choice. Hopefully you can come see us again very soon. Have a wonderful day!

Los Alamos
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This hotel truly meets the high quality standards of a JW Marriott. As a platinum Marriott Rewards member, I visit numerous Marriotts and this one ranks in my top 5 all time. The staff was extremely helpful, the room was comfortable and well stocked with amenities, and the Concierge Lounge is run by a FANTASTIC team.

The night before my visit, I received an email warning of high security around and in the hotel due to a VIP guest. This nice note helped me plan a few extra minutes into my checkin experience. The concierge lounge was relocated for 24 hours, but this did not affect the quality of the food or services. There was absolutely minimal inconvenience, and it is not often that one gets to stay at the same hotel that the President is staying, so I will have a neat story to tell.

The hotel is conveniently located near many restaurants, shops, spas, coffee bars, and a Whole Foods is right around the corner. The Cherry Creek Mall is right across the street for additional shopping and dining. The concierge lounge breakfast, appetizers, and desserts were delicious and well kept. Nice selection of newspapers and magazines at the lounge also. I never felt rushed or crowded. Hats off to the staff at this hotel who did a great job. I look forward to coming back to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floor, facing the mountains if possible. Splurge for the concierge level, it is worth it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank dczerkle
Dear Dczerkle,

Thank you for your review. To be recognized as one of the top Marriott Hotel's you have visited is an honor. I am so happy yo hear you were able to plan accordingly around the President's visit. We tried our best to proactively inform our guests. We look forward to your return visit in the future. Have a fantastic day!

Warm Regards,

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I have stayed at many JW Marriott hotels in varied destinations. We've stayed at the Cherry Creek (Denver) location three times and have been consistently disappointed in that particular JW. For instance, during this last four night visit, an unidentified VIP was arriving and the hotel staff locked out the elevators of floors 8-12. We were on the 8th floor and weren't notified that our room key was to be required to take the elevator to our floor. At our inconvenience, we had to have our card keys reprogrammed to allow access to our floor. After three attempts, the front desk staff couldn't get it right and we couldn't get functional keys made for hours. We were staying in one of the premier, mountain view rooms, but were treated like second class security risks due to the unnamed VIP. Hey, if you don't want my non-famous business, say so up front. We also arrived to find the previous occupant's dirty laundry in one of the drawers...nice! On day two, a housekeeper who didn't understand our native English allowed us to enter our room without checking for an ID or a room key. My wife retrieved her iPad but she could have easily been a thief. Sorry service and poor customer service. Shameful for the JW line.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank K9safari
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience at the JW Marriott Denver. First of all, I am truly sorry for all the incidents that occured during your stay. This is not the level of service I expect to deliver and this is not the level of service you should except. Our team takes your comments very seriously and although we never like to hear when we have fallen short of exceeding your expectations we need to know so it won't happen again. Your business is extremely important to us and I am sorry we failed to deliver a flawless stay. Please contact me directly at the hotel as I would like to discuss this further with you. Thank you again for your honest feedback.
Jan Lucas