“Perfection is an understatement!”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #18 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Durango, Colorado
“Perfection is an understatement!”
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at many hotels in Denver. Four seasons, brown palace, teatro, Monaco, hyatts, Sheraton, and the westins. All come with different likes and dislikes.
We doing the JW was easily accessible to many great restaurants, art galleries and retail shops. It's out of the downtown "busy" flow and is a hidden gem! Food was amazing and the service was boutique style which we love and prefer.
Very quite hotel, we slept in, on a business trip. Lol
We stayed in a basic king room and were pleased with the amenities. I will choose JW on our next visit. Although the four seasons is top notch, you will pay for it. $350 @ JW vs. $800 @ four season per night. The smaller hotel that JW offers gives a more personal experience to each guest. I do love the soaking tubs next to the window at the four seasons, but you are definitely paying for the view.
JW is in a great neighborhood, that is perfect for walking around at night. Can't do that downtown!
Check out north restaurant down the block, amazing Italian. We ate the rest of our meals at the JW and in our room. We also loved the fun-vibe the bar has at night. Great for business-drinks!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Dgojenny
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear Dgojenny,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this online review of your recent stay with us. Thank you as well for the high praise. I too prefer to stay in Cherry Creek versus Downtown Denver. Please come back again and see us very soon.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I was at the Cherry Creek JW for two nights in June - 10th floor concierge level with mountain view. First, the service from the valet to the front desk to the concierge room was terrific. They really know how to get it done. My room was quiet, with a huge bathroom and lovely almost floor to ceiling window. The location is across the street from a nice mall (Neimans, Apple, etc). The surrounding blocks offer Hermes, West Elm,etc. I needed my car twice a day and never waited more than a couple of minutes. Restaurants (chain and many others) within close walking distance. Ate dessert and breakfast during my stay, and the prices were very good. Service was professional and food was very good. Stay here.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank detroitmom
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear detroitmom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. You made an excellent choice in the Concierge Lounge, Mountain View room. The view is awesome! I am sure there is some more exploring you can do in the Cherry Creek area so please come back and see us again soon.

Warm Regards,

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Great, courteous staff in this well appointed hotel. Rooms were spacious and immaculate. Food was excellent. Cherry Creek shopping was a nearby walk away. Free internet, but paid valet parking and no breakfast bar.

Dear TB_Rays_fan_NJ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your online review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time in the hotel and around Cherry Creek. There are some privately operated parking lots in the area if you were interested in self parking. They can be more cost affective depending on when you come and go. I would be happy to offer more information if you were interested in this option in the future. Please comec back and see us again in the very near future.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Not only the title of the restaurant and well appointed bar ,The feeling of home surrounds you at the Dub.

Club level is great here take advantage of that fresh food and adult beverages available complimentary.

We recently stayed as we have on many occasion with the JW in cherry Creek this one was especially close to our heart .

We sold our home in Denver and relocated to Fort Collins, When it came time to close a blizzard was coming so we pack up and moved into to our second home in Colorado and every thing was perfect!!!

Room Tip: Club level of sure and on the west side if you can manage !
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear LuxuriousGadabouts,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your glowing review. I am happy to hear that you feel like the "Dub" is you Second Home. This is the feeling we are going for! Please stop by the front desk and ask for me the next time you are in the hotel. I would love to meet you in person.

Have a wonderful day!

Houston, TX
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The first thing I remember about this hotel is how super friendly everyone was...Front Desk, Housekeeping, Maids.

The location was great. Tons of dining choices around and super quick to get to the downtown area.

The beds were extra comfortable and the bathroom was huge!!

The sundeck hot tub area was closed :-(

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Dear Roneilltx,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Thank you for recognizing the staff's friendliness. This is what we want our guests to feel when the stay with us. I do apologize for the hot tubs being closed. Next time you are here please see the front desk and they can direct you to some options. Please come back and see us again very soon.

Have a wonderful day!

San Jose, California, USA
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Last week I stayed at this location. My husband was on a business trip but I wanted to be with him on our anniversary. I was the one who got the surprise! We had a reservation but due to flight delay and the distance of this hotel from the airport. The only room available when we arrived at nearly 1 AM, was near the elevator and right below the tiled concierge breakfast lounge. Well, it was not a good experience. Issue 1- I could hear the noise from above (earlier than 6AM) and the noise from people talking early in the morning while waiting for the elevator on the 10th floor. Issue 2 - The room we received had two double beds. We are not very big people but we slept on different beds cause we felt we were elbowing each other. The hotel is in a good location and I walked the Cherry Creek North shops and went to the Cherry Creek Mall across the street. I had a wonderful lunch at the hotel. I did not use the spa and workout room. Of course we requested a king bed but that was given away since rooms are assigned as you arrive.

Room Tip: Whenever possible, request a room away from the elevators at hotels in business district since worke...
Dear Cyndee R.,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Happy Anniversary first of all. I do apologize for the room type and noise you experienced. Please reach out to me when you are returning to the hotel and I will take great care to make sure your next stay is great. Have a fantastic day!

Warm Regards,

Akron Ohio
Reviewed 11 June 2013

What a beautiful property. My room was large and well-appointed. Giant bathroom, comfy lounger and sofa, great bed. Very new, clean and stylish. Also, a good location near lots of good shopping and restaurants. My only dislike is the $26 for parking, but I guess you'd expect that in Cherry Creek.

Dear Altadesigns,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out an online review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the property and had a great stay. I do apologize for the parking fee, but space in Cherry Creek does come at a premium as you suggested. Please let me know when you are returning to the hotel in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Diredctor of Operations