“JW Denver”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Carlsbad, California
“JW Denver”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

If you are staying in Denver, this hotel is the only choice. I am an a advid business traveler and was a weekly guest for approx five months. Aside from the great location and accommodations, it's the staff that makes this property so wonderful. Front desk folks are like family. BJ Vigil, Michael Kwiatkowski, and Adam Smith, just to name a few, are among the many professionals greeting you. They even made my BD special with cake, ice cream and cards. Fun. The Concierge Lounge was a relaxing, after work hang out with much attention from George Maresh, Liz Torres, Beth and many others. And when it came to sleeping luggage, ask for Robert Castanedo. Much thanks to those I did not mention by name. Especially the gals at the front desk and the parking crew.

Room Tip: Any room will be great.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Eleanor F.,

Thank you for taking your time to lost this review. I also wanted to thank you for your continued loyalty over the last few months and for recognizing the staff for their efforts. I am happy to hear that they have made you feel at home. I would love to meet you in person the next time you are in the hotel.

Have a wonderful day!

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 16 November 2013

A friend and I recently visited Denver for a shopping trip. She had previously stayed at the JW Marriott and thought it was fabulous. She was right. The room was great. The bed was comfortable and I loved the bathroom (awesome shower). The staff went out of their way to make sure that we felt welcomed. They were a tremendous help in getting last minute tickets to the theater. The location was perfect . . . lots of shopping and restaurants including the hotel restaurant and bar. It was an amazing trip. I would highly recommend the JW Marriott to anyone and I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: The "concierge level" includes breakfast and a cocktail hour . . .really nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Donna B.,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am so happy to hear you and your friend both enjoyed your stay with us. No better area of town for a shopping trip that is for sure. I will pass along your comments to the staff. Please come back and see us again very soon!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I've stayed here many times before we moved to Denver, and even since for a little in-town getaway for my husband and me. We love the location (right in the heart of Cherry Creek's shopping & restaurants), the service is always excellent, and the beds super comfy (a MUST). I recommend the JW to anyone coming to Denver. Great for families too.

Room Tip: Get a mountain view. It's worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Chris B.,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review and continued loyalty. I am so happy to hear we are your hotel of choice to getaway for you and your family. Please come back and see us for another staycation real soon. Have a wonderful day!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the JW Marriott for a conference. What a place! All of the staff were wonderful to work with. From valet service to turn down service at night, every detail was well executed. This property is located right in the middle of endless shops and dining spots and was so convenient. We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear LoriLou1,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this online review. I was so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you as well for recognizing the staff for their efforts. It truly does matter and I will pass along your comments to them. Please come back and see us again very soon. Have a fantastic day!

Irvine, California
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I've been staying at the JW Marriott every week for almost a year now and I am assured that there is truly no better place to stay while visiting Denver. The hotel staff have always been so kind, considerate, and friendly - finding every possible way they can to brighten your day and make you feel at home. The staff there are always so courteous. BJ, Michael, and Rachel have always been especially friendly and caring. There is a genuiness amongst all the staff at the JW that has always struck me and made me feel like I am surrounded by awesome people!

The location of the JW Marriott, in the heart of Cherry Creek, is excellent. It is a treat to dine at some of Denver's finest restaurants and shop at the best stores that are so conveniently located nearby.

If you are coming to Denver, the JW Marriott is definitely the best place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Garima S.,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Also, thank you for your continued loyalty over the last year. I am happy to hear the staff has made your time with us so comfortable and I will pass along your comments to the staff. We really focus on guest service and expect all of our guests to feel like you do. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance in the future. Have a wonderful day!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Last fall, in the weekend before Thanksgiving, we spent 3-nights here on our way to Aspen. Based on TA reviews, we picked this hotel over a few others around Denver's main district. Boy did we make the right choice ! We ABSOLUTELY loved our stay here -- Great property, posh location and outstanding service.This hotel gives you more of a feel of boutique-style hotels than a 5-star chain resort.
From the warm greetings at the curb by the valet parking attendants (who appear genuinely happy & sincere to receive you), to the cordial & cheerful front-desk personnel with a quick & efficient check-in, to the fresh apples in the lobby, to the conciege-floor attendant, to the nice, comfortable & immaculate room, this place has class.....very slick, clean & well-run.
The beds & linens were super-comfortable, almost fit for an emperor.The bathroom was huge with bathrobes, slippers (I'm a sucker for JW's slippers), bath-scale, large tub & a spa-like shower.The nightly turn-down service was consistent with decadent chocolates & free bottled waters.
The hotel is close enough to downtown for a nice-outing, walking distance to Whole Foods & restaurants, and there's shopping galore at your footsteps just outside the hotel, in Denver's nicest & most sought-after area of Cherry Creek. After having walked the downtown area, the upscale neighborhood of Cherry Creek is more preferable to the 16th street pedestrian shopping area. Being Marriott reward members for more than a decade now, we have enjoyed (every now & then) having concierge-lounge privileges. In our opinion, while JW Marriott's concierge lounges in Asia, South America & JW Cancun have wonderful selection of foods & drinks; U.S. Marriotts & JW's are not even in the same league. But the concierge of Denver's JW CC has proven us wrong.The food here was quite exquisite and stayed consistently excellent at both times, all 3-nights in a row during our stay.
The lounge served a scrumptous hot & cold buffet-breakfast daily.There were tasty hors d'oeuvres in the evening with wine, beer, other beverages and yummy desserts. Service at the concierge lounge at night was exceptionally attentive & friendly. Definitely a shout-out to Michael ( I think that was the lounge-manager's name) who didn't hesitate to bring out a platter of lamb & potatoes after my husband told him that we just arrived for the hors d'oeuvres and there isn't any food left, and it was only 7:15pm (they usually close down at 8pm to get ready for dessert). He looked around & politely said, it'll take about 15-20 min. to start up the grill & cook another batch. For our first evening in the lounge, we were lucky to get some grub and enjoy Denver's night-light view from the wide windows. While we waited, Michael served us wine with cheese & crackers, carrots & celery-sticks. Kudos to team JW CC.
So pleased with our stay here, that after completing the third-night, we didn't want to leave. Staying here is a luxe option for a very good value. JW Cherry Creek will be our only choice whenever we are returning to Denver.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear SD3TravelBirds,

Thank you for taking the time to post this online review. I really appreciate the high praise and for recognizing Michael's efforts. I will pass along your comments to him and the rest of the staff. Please come back and see us again very soon real soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I had the occasion to speak at three institutions in three days. The logistics of which had to be exact and could not have executed my business without the professional help of BJ Vigil and his colleagues, The hotel is beautiful and the guest service is of the highest level. I am ready to move in! The food second home was perfect, a sophisticated and fun environment that can balance the comfort and details of any stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sheila B
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Sheila,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It truly is appreciated! Thank you as well for recognizing BJ's efforts as well. I will pass along your comments to him. Please come back and see us again very soon. Have a great day!

Warm Regards,