“Great place to stay a "few" blocks away from CBD”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #20 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I travel alot for work, and this place was perfect. I had to be here for 8 days and my office is next to the 16th street mall. While I like what downtown usually brings as far as ambiance, JW Cherry creek surpassed it. The hotel is a JW, therefore you know its quality service and guest relations. the location is awesome! Apparantly this hotel is located in one of the most afluent neighborhoods in Denver. There are so many choices to eat around the hotel, there is even a shopping mall across the street if you get cabin fever.

Only one bad thing I have to comment on about this hotel. Not only am I a paying guest, I was there for over 8 days/nights - when my colleague and I walked to the hotel restaurant (not part of Marriott) for Sunday breakfast we were turned away and instructed to eat at the bar because they have a pajama sunday brunch that caters to the locals in the neighborhood. While I can appreciate a restaurant providing amuzing meals for local neighbors someone should have realized that as guests that would be in the hotel on a sunday to let us know that we may need reservations to dine in on a Sunday.

Room Tip: If staying longer, ask to be housed in a room away from elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Monge405,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the Cherry Creek area so much. I think our location is much more desirable than downtown Denver as well. Much more to do! I am sorry about not being onformed that our restaurant would be so busy. The front desk should have informed you of this fact. Thank you for letting me know so I kind remind them.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I am a Marriott platinum member. I started traveling to Denver area earlier this year and was looking for a nice convenient hotel to stay for my business trips. After having stayed at most of the Marriott in the area, I settled for JW Marriott in Cherry Creek. This hotel is unique compare to all the Marriott I have stayed at. It is well integrated with its surrounding cherry creek area, making it very convenient for business travelers. The surrounding cherry creek is beautiful and offers a lot of nice dining choices. Coming to the best part, staff is very professional and one of the best I have seen in my 15 yrs of business travel. They seem to be able to repeat their service with perfection every time I am there in my last 6 months of the stay. Thanks to the front desk and concierge staff who go to the great extent to make your stay comfortable and welcoming. Rooms are beautiful and location is fabulous. I would continue staying there while I am traveling to the Denver area.

Room Tip: Get a mountain view room!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Dharma K.,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review and for your continued loyalty to the JW Marriott over the last year.I am happy that the staff has been able to make you feel so comfortable when you are away from home. We appreciate your business and value you as a customer. Come back and see us again soo!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

As an Education Program Manager for my organization, I have had the opportunity to travel and stay at many hotels across the country. This hotel is, hands down, one of the most fabulous properties I've had the pleasure of experiencing. Everything from the close proximity to great food and shopping to the plush bed and décor is wonderful. And to truly seal the deal, the staff is absolutely amazing!!! From the bell stand to the concierge lounge, my colleague and I were taken care of like family. Michael Weber, George Maresh, Bianca in banquets and Betsy Turner to name a few, were all ROCK STARS. Being away from home can be a bear, but the impeccable service, attention to detail and personal touch of this staff, makes travelling for business very pleasurable. (and this is an understatement)

1  Thank Nichole S

Dear Nichole S.,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I was so happy to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will also pass along your comments to Michael, George, Bianca, & Betsy. Thank you for recognizing them for their efforts during your stay. It really does metter!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

If you are staying in Denver, this hotel is the only choice. I am an a advid business traveler and was a weekly guest for approx five months. Aside from the great location and accommodations, it's the staff that makes this property so wonderful. Front desk folks are like family. BJ Vigil, Michael Kwiatkowski, and Adam Smith, just to name a few, are among the many professionals greeting you. They even made my BD special with cake, ice cream and cards. Fun. The Concierge Lounge was a relaxing, after work hang out with much attention from George Maresh, Liz Torres, Beth and many others. And when it came to sleeping luggage, ask for Robert Castanedo. Much thanks to those I did not mention by name. Especially the gals at the front desk and the parking crew.

Room Tip: Any room will be great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Eleanor F.,

Thank you for taking your time to lost this review. I also wanted to thank you for your continued loyalty over the last few months and for recognizing the staff for their efforts. I am happy to hear that they have made you feel at home. I would love to meet you in person the next time you are in the hotel.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

A friend and I recently visited Denver for a shopping trip. She had previously stayed at the JW Marriott and thought it was fabulous. She was right. The room was great. The bed was comfortable and I loved the bathroom (awesome shower). The staff went out of their way to make sure that we felt welcomed. They were a tremendous help in getting last minute tickets to the theater. The location was perfect . . . lots of shopping and restaurants including the hotel restaurant and bar. It was an amazing trip. I would highly recommend the JW Marriott to anyone and I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: The "concierge level" includes breakfast and a cocktail hour . . .really nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Donna B.,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am so happy to hear you and your friend both enjoyed your stay with us. No better area of town for a shopping trip that is for sure. I will pass along your comments to the staff. Please come back and see us again very soon!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I've stayed here many times before we moved to Denver, and even since for a little in-town getaway for my husband and me. We love the location (right in the heart of Cherry Creek's shopping & restaurants), the service is always excellent, and the beds super comfy (a MUST). I recommend the JW to anyone coming to Denver. Great for families too.

Room Tip: Get a mountain view. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Chris B.,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review and continued loyalty. I am so happy to hear we are your hotel of choice to getaway for you and your family. Please come back and see us for another staycation real soon. Have a wonderful day!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the JW Marriott for a conference. What a place! All of the staff were wonderful to work with. From valet service to turn down service at night, every detail was well executed. This property is located right in the middle of endless shops and dining spots and was so convenient. We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear LoriLou1,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this online review. I was so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you as well for recognizing the staff for their efforts. It truly does matter and I will pass along your comments to them. Please come back and see us again very soon. Have a fantastic day!