“Hospitality, Service, and Accommodations Extraordinaire!”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #19 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My husband, daughter, and I travel from our home in Steamboat Springs to Denver at least once a month, and we always stay at the JW Marriott in Cherry Creek. To say that we are treated like family would be an understatement. We are always greeted warmly by any and all valet staff who are on duty, as well as the bellmen, concierge staff, and everyone working the front desk (including managers). Of course, we regularly stay at the hotel, but I take good note of the staff's interaction with all of their guests, and each and every person is greeted with warmth and appreciation. The hotel is clean, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. The location is perfect for enjoying everything in the Cherry Creek area, with the downtown area only a short drive away.

Gracious staff, comfortable accommodations, quick responses to any needs that the staff may be made aware of, and appreciation for all guests, first-timers or regulars alike. We truly are honored to call this hotel our second home!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Tawnya F.,

Thank you for posting this review and for your continued loyalty over the years. We always try to make our guests feel like family and thank you for recognizing our efforts. Love Steamboat by the way. Completely jealous! Hope to see you again very soon.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

This was by far one of the nicest hotels we've stayed at. We are gold members and really like everything about the Marriott brand. The staff here were always nice, helpful and smiling. George in the concierge room was so much fun! He is a huge hockey fan and it was nice that he took a genuine interest in all of the guests he encountered. There was an issue with our stay and by the time I came home the front office supervisor had already emailed me to acknowledge the issue and apologize that we were inconvenienced. Totally a pleasant surprise! The weather in Denver may have been freezing, but inside the JW Marriott Denver, Cherry Creek… it was warm and welcoming! Thank you!

Room Tip: mountain view room is beautiful!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Calinadian,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. I am so happy to hear that you were provided such a high level of service during your stay and specifically for recognizing George. I will pass along your comments to him. Hopefully you can come back very soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I was in Denver from Dec 4 to Dec 7 2013 on a business trip. An ice storm came through Dallas and my flight was cancelled. I had a very hard time getting in touch with AA.

The JW Cherry Creek here in Denver helped me... they went above and beyond to accommodate me with extending my hotel room so I would not be stranded at the airport. They helped me to identify potential flights on other carriers and made helpful suggestions to reduce my anxiety with being stranded with uncertainty.

Not only were the rooms and facility very comfortable and exceptionally nice. The staff from the bellman , the front desk, the room service, the restaurant - all did everything humanly possible to accommodate me and my needs. I am so thankful .... and would definitely come back again and again.

Room Tip: I didn't use the spa or a pool while here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vanessa C

Dear Vanessa C.,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am so happy to hear we were able to ease your concerns and help you deal with your travel issues. I will pass along your comments to the staff. Please come back and see us again very soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I called the JW Marriot to make a reservation after hearing such amazing reviews of the place. I was connected to the reservation contact and he was so helpful booking a great room at an excellent rate. From arrival to checkout the experience was great. The decor was rustic chic in the downstairs lobby area. The room service was great - variety of food and the service was warm and friendly. The room was very updated- clean carpet! the color of one of the walls (azure blue) was so soothing and relaxing and the wallpaper in bathroom was funky and stylish. At checkout the front people made a few trips to fill our coffee ( which was delicious) and we're very gracious. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Denver. The attention to detail was impressive. First rate.

Room Tip: Explain your specific needs to the reseda tin agent I.e room with view. He was very patient with me
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear BNewcomb,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I was so happy to hear your experience from start to finish was so good! Also, I am happy we were able to live up to your high expectations. Sometimes that is not so easy. Please come back and see us again very soon! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

we booked here due to a family party. The decor in the lobby, the concierge lounge, and the rooms were truly lovely. sunrise over the mountain range was spectacular. But all this pales in comparison to the customer service. I don't believe the staff are permitted to say "no"to any request. we had a small glitch with our air conditioner and soeone arrived in 5 minutes to fix it. When the front desk staff member called to check on the status of the air conditioning, they offered to treat us to free parking for the inconvenience.

We are going to have to come back!

• Stayed: August 2013
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Anonymous42,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. Thank you as well for letting me know about your customer service experience. We talk a lot about how issues will arise, but it is most important how we recover. I am happy to hear we recovered so well and you left satisfied. Hopefully you can come back and see us again very soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel was very nice and had a high class feel. The staff were excellent and clearly trained well in customer service. The rooms were spacious and very nice. The bathroom was the size of a small apartment in Manhattan. There were double sinks, a separate shower, and tub. The bathtub was also deep and long; very comfortable.
This hotel is in a very nice neighborhood. There are numerous shops and restaurants within a couple steps of the hotel. The shops in this area are unique, and there are several art galleries. There is also a mall one block from the hotel with a movie theatre.
It is not within walking distance of downtown or the sporting arenas, but is a short drive to either of those areas. I also stayed at a hotel that was downtown and this neighborhood was better.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the mountains and downtown
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Lisa C.,

Thank you for taking your time to post this online review. Thank you as well for recognizing our customer service efforts. We really focus on it and it is nice to be noticed for our efforts. I will pass along your comments to the staff. Please come back and see us again very soon.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I travel alot for work, and this place was perfect. I had to be here for 8 days and my office is next to the 16th street mall. While I like what downtown usually brings as far as ambiance, JW Cherry creek surpassed it. The hotel is a JW, therefore you know its quality service and guest relations. the location is awesome! Apparantly this hotel is located in one of the most afluent neighborhoods in Denver. There are so many choices to eat around the hotel, there is even a shopping mall across the street if you get cabin fever.

Only one bad thing I have to comment on about this hotel. Not only am I a paying guest, I was there for over 8 days/nights - when my colleague and I walked to the hotel restaurant (not part of Marriott) for Sunday breakfast we were turned away and instructed to eat at the bar because they have a pajama sunday brunch that caters to the locals in the neighborhood. While I can appreciate a restaurant providing amuzing meals for local neighbors someone should have realized that as guests that would be in the hotel on a sunday to let us know that we may need reservations to dine in on a Sunday.

Room Tip: If staying longer, ask to be housed in a room away from elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Monge405,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the Cherry Creek area so much. I think our location is much more desirable than downtown Denver as well. Much more to do! I am sorry about not being onformed that our restaurant would be so busy. The front desk should have informed you of this fact. Thank you for letting me know so I kind remind them.