“Urban oasis in Cherry Creek, Denver”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #22 of 159 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 March 2014

In early January, my wife and I spent a few nights at the JW Marroitt in Cherry Creek. We found the staff to be excellent and helpful and the location was perfect for local shopping and dining. The room was very comfortable and the complimentary concierge breakfast was quite welcome...
Although I am not a fan of most urban hotels, we would return again if we needed to stay comfortably in Denver...

Room Tip: You should request a mountain view on whatever floor you select.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DougR
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear DougR,

Thank you for taking the time to post this online review. It is truly appreciated! I am glad to hear we exceeded your expectations for an "Urban Hotel" and that you will be coming back in the future. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The location has to be the best part of the hotel. The room was nicely appointed iwth comfortable clean furniture and the bathroom was very spacious. The shower was very unique with all glass walls and a door without a casing that gave the effect of standing in a glass cube.Both the lobby and hotel restaurant were very inviting spaces and present the quality of the hotel well. Although I stayed during a winter month, the outdoor spaces behind the restaurant were very sheek and presented a perfect social environment.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear BB_GW-Doc,

I appreciate you taking the time to post this review. Our location is second to none in the city I believe and I am happy to hear you enjoyed Cherry Creek as well. We appreciate your business and value you as a guest. Please come back and see us again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here with my husband, brother-in-law and sister-in-law a few weeks ago for one night. We booked the room on points and my husband is Marriott Platinum. We asked about an upgrade (which he usually gets) and were told it would be a big up charge, so we declined.

That being said, the hotel is very nice. The room was very clean and the bathroom was beautiful. The best party was the executive lounge with open bar, and great food. They had many different offerings and kept changing throughout the evening including pizza, cheese and meat try, and various appetizers. There was a full breakfast in the morning too, which was delicious.

Overall it was a great stay and the area is very upscale with great restaurants too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TeamAICourt,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am so happy to hear your entire family enjoyed the hotel so much. We only have 4 suites so upgrades are hard to come by unfortunately. Hopefully you can come back and see us again in the very near future. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the JW Marriott Cherry Creek for our wedding and everything was perfect! They were kind enough to work with us on getting a group rate for our small party (we had to rearrange our wedding due to family health). Everyone was incredibly kind and accommodating - before we arrived and after! All our guests even mentioned how kind the staff was at the hotel. We ate at the restaurant at the hotel several times and all of the food was delicious. Our rooms were clean, modern, and spacious. We also got a chance to stay in the Presidential suite for one night, which was one of the most spectacular rooms we have ever seen. I would absolutely recommend staying here...I know we will stay there whenever we come back to the area!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear LindseyM310,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It is truly appreciated! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that we could be a part of your wonderful occasion. Please come back and asee us again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Marriott's website states "Gold on availability we’ll do our best to upgrade your room." This hotel "does not upgrade Gold", so I was charged extra when asked. Other stays, an upgrade was not offered and as a Gold member had a room with a view of the adjoining building.
I do love the neighborhood and it has lots of restaurants and shopping.

Dear Debneededescape,

Thank you for posting this review. We do upgrade Platinum and Gold Marriott Rewards members when availability allows us. When the hotel is almost at full capacity we do have limited options for upgrades. I am sorry! Please let me know the next time you are coming to the hotel and I will do my very best.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Tripadvisor ranked thsi #1 family hotel in dever as of this review. The hotel doesn't even have a pool, the hot tubs it had outdoors have particle board screwed over them. If I was alone, this hotel would be great; since I was with family...this hotel is/was mediocre for a $249 pricetag.

Room Tip: Not a good hotel for kids unless you want to drag your kids around shopping.
2  Thank Nathan H

Dear Nathan,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am sorry to hear that you and your family did not enjoy your stay. Unfortunately, we do not have a pool or hot tubs on property, but we can direct you to a few options off property if you were interested. Please see the front desk the next time you come to the hotel and they can direct you to the options. Hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there on our way back to the airport from Beaver Creek. When we arrived there was no one there, needless to say it took over 30 mins to receive our luggage. Then we didn't receive our paper as requested, when we called they said they ran out. We also asked for extra towels and got none. We ordered room service and it was excellent, except for the fact that it came on a wooden tray instead of a cart...a little difficult for 2 people to eat off of. Over all it is a beautiful hotel in a great location. But not JW standards.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Honeytravelstoo,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am sorry for the issues you experienced. Obviously, not up to the expectations of you or I. Generally, we do a great job of satisfying our guests and I do apologize this was not your experience. Please let me know the next time you are coming to the hotel and I will do my very best to ensure that your stay goes as perfect as possible. Have a wonderful day!