“Great for a Quick Getaway”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #18 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kihei, Hawaii
“Great for a Quick Getaway”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Love sneaking away to the JW for a night or two. A wonderful hotel in a great part of town. Staff is friendly, Second Home (the onsite restaurant is great) and the rooms are nice and comfortable. Cherry Creek mall is a 2 minute walk away and there are a lot of fun boutique shops in the area. You definitely won't be bored! The only bummer is there is no hot tub or spa on site. My second choice in Denver behind the Four Seasons

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your review, and for choosing us for your getaways! I will share your comments with our associates, who will be as pleased as I am that you’ve enjoyed your stays here with us. We agree that the Cherry Creek area is very special, and there’s always something new to see. We’ll look forward to welcoming you back soon.

JW Marriott Denver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was my first stay at a JW Marriott property, and I must say I see the difference. From top to bottom, the hotel and brand bring an air of "classic elegance." The atmosphere of the hotel was old school, but not in an old-fashioned way. The furnishings were modern, but not in a way that will go out of style.

The location can't be beat--from corporate offices to more shopping and dining than I imagine most of Denver has to offer within walking distance, you are at no loss for things to do while at the JW Marriott.

I didn't go to the bar (@ Second Home), but during happy hour the place was pretty full. It's always a good sign when the hotel's restaurant/bar is full, and the staff did remark to me that there's a good amount of local traffic that comes in. With so many other options in the area, that definitely speaks well for the quality of food and service!

Overall a great stay here. Will definitely return next time I'm in Denver!

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel April 28 to May 1. Very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is only 11 floors so it is not like a typical large JW Mariott. Pluses: conviently located to lots of restaurants, shopping, rooms are large. Downsides: rooms are a bit tired looking and the shower tiles need updating, second home restaurant serves a decent meal but value for dollar is not there, only ate there once. I wad at the hotel for 2 seminars and the lunches served were excellent as were the snacks at the breaks. As noted in other reviews if possible get a "mountain view" otherwise you are staring at the outside of an office building.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your review! We are sincerely interested in feedback such as yours, and appreciate the time you took to post comments that will show us areas where we did well as well as areas where we can continue to improve. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Thank you again.

West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This property is what you would expect from a JW Marriott. The rooms are compact but very nice, and ours had both bathtub and a shower. There are outlets on the bedside tables; which should be a requirement these days. Robes and slippers included. If you have access to the Premium floors, the breakfast is quite nice, as are the evening snacks and cocktails. The best thing is the location; walking access to 50 restaurants and all the shopping you can handle. I also thought customer service was very good. Exercise room had everything.

Some improvements. 1) Wireless Internet is exceptionally slow. Even getting 5 bars, my speeds were less than 1 Mbps. 2) Give the valet parking plenty of time and call down at least 20 minutes early. 3) Some websites (not the Marriott's) still list the property as having a Jacuzzi. In fact, we were wearing our robes and slippers looking, and a hotel employee directed us to the third floor for the Jacuzzi. There is no Jacuzzi. There is no pool. The hotel is very pet friendly, but much less kid friendly. Probably by design.

Room Tip: Mountain view is preferable. The 11th floor has the Concierge lounge.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay; I will share your comments with our staff. To be almost perfect is not quite good enough for us--we sincerely appreciate suggestions for improvement. We are adding additional Internet capacity for busy times. Also, we will research any sites that show our hotel having extra facilities so that we can ask to have them changed, and I apologize that one of our associates misled you. This is not the service we strive to offer to our guests. There are facilities with hot tubs and swimming pools nearby, and our Concierge will be delighted to provide more information. We would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the hotel. Thank you again.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stay here every 6 months for medical treatments. From the hotel driver who picks me up at NJH, to the bellman & desk clerks who greet me when I enter the hotel and to housekeeper who always has a pleasant smile (I made sure to tell desk manager this).I make sure to let everyone at NJH know how wonderful this hotel is and how I am able to rest up after multiple appointments and treatments while there. The room is excellent to the point of simplicity and pampering, at the same time. I love being able to safely walk around the neighborhood, shop at Cherry Creek and lots of coffee shops and restaurants nearby (l have yet to try the hotel restaurant). As a military family, we travel lots, move lots and live a highly stressed life, it's nice to know not only that I can rest assured at JW Marriot, but that they support military families.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for choosing the JW Marriott Denver, and for your wonderful review. We are so pleased that we have been able to make you comfortable during your visits, and that you have shared your good experiences with others. Thank you on behalf of everyone here, and we’ll look forward to your next visit with us.

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel twice now and both times we had to wait for someone to come to the front desk to check us in, and getting the car out of valet always seems to be quite chaotic.
The rooms are lovely, very relaxing-and the location cannot be beat.
However I wish they would address the lack of caring at the front desk and do something to organize the valet.

Stayed April 2014
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I am delighted that you find the rooms and the location attractive; we think that Cherry Creek is a very special area. I am sorry that you have found the front desk and valet to be unresponsive during your visits--this is not the level of service we strive for. I have already addressed your comments with our managers. I am sorry that we failed you, and sincerely appreciate you letting us know. We hope to earn your business again. If you would like to let me know the next time your travels bring you to Denver, I would be happy to assist you personally.

Waxhaw, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The room was comfortable. Housekeeping brought up extra towels within 5 minutes of us checking in. The next day however, we did not receive cleaning service until after dinner. We were in and out throughout the day and perhaps they were waiting for us to stay gone. The shower door did not contain the water and so puddles on the floor. We did not get the wake up call on Monday morning so beware to not trust it if you need it. We were checking in at noon and were told that if we could wait a couple of hours we could have the upper floor room with a view, but if we wanted to check in presently, we could take a 3rd floor room, which we did. we needed to freshen up and make it to an appointment. (check in is probably 3 o clock anyway. )staff was very friendly. we were surprised by the extra fee for parking which of course is not included in the room fee. again service was efficient and friendly and the room was comfortable.