“Great service and location”

Ranked #19 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle
“Great service and location”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Pros: Nice room, great bed, wonderful service, terrific location.

Cons: Expensive valet parking ($30 a night) - but with great service, limited utility of business center computers.

Either way: A very busy bar/restaurant with what appeared to be a trendy but older singles scene. Wifi decent but not great.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
BJ V, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
I cannot thank you enough for the great review! It is important to all of us that our level of guest service exceeds the expectations of our guests. I am so happy that you got to experience how wonderful my team is. I hope we see you the next time you are in Denver!

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

While traveling recently to Denver on business, my travel agent put me at the JW Marriott - Cherry Creak. Typically I am placed downtown so staying in the Cherry Creek area was new to me. Needless to say, I will be traveling back to Denver in a week and will return to the JW. The hotel is easily accessible and offers quick valet parking. Rooms are spacious and inviting, typical of a JW property. I also enjoyed the hotel restaurant, Second Home. If you are running late one evening and do not make it back in time to dine in the restaurant, try room service. The burger is quite delicious.

Great neighborhood, cleanliness, spacious rooms, nice gym, good room service and great customer service!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for trying out our hotel! Although downtown is great, I believe cherry creek is the place to be. My team and I try for perfect stays and it appears as though your stay was a success. We look forward to having a new repeat guest. Make sure to introduce yourself next time you are here and I am sure we will be fast friends.

Salina
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Attended a wedding here and spent the night. Very nice place as I've come to expect from jw's. The food served at the reception was wonderful. Staff was fantastic. Room was also nice. Big bathroom with both glass shower an desperate bath tub.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! My team and I are thrilled that you had such a great time. I have to agree with you, the food here is awesome. The chef takes great pride in "WOWING" our guests. Let me know when you are back in Denver and I will help you get another bite!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 July 2014

One of the nicest hotels located in downtown Denver. It is right across Arhaus and several other designer home furnishing stores. We had a beautiful view from our room of the Rockys and had access to the Concierge lounge which served most of our "snack" needs. The rooms are nice and clean-bathrooms are updated and spacious. The only recent change that I noticed during our stay was that the cocktails in the Concierge lounge used to be free- now is chargeable but still not as heavily-priced as the drinks in the refrigerator in our room. Also, considering the fact that this is a category 7, tier 2 hotel, I was surprised that they did not have a full-service breakfast. It was limited to the regular breakfast served in concierge lounge (similar to other lower-ranked Marriotts). Overall, good service, nice views but less bang for the buck!

Room Tip: We stayed in 1105- top floor room with excellent views of the mountains.
1 Thank jocelinjoseph
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your review, and for choosing to stay with us! A fantastic stay makes me and my entire staff smile. My favorite time to be in the Concierge Lounge for the panoramic view of the Rocky Mountains is sunset, when it can be spectacular. We are currently working on enhancing the Concierge Lounge experience, and welcome your suggestions. Thank you, and please visit us again.

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Checking in and out was a pleasant process, thanks to the friendly and efficient front desk. Even though I was waiting behind someone who was asking directions, the woman at the front desk made sure to make eye contact and smile to let me know she knew I was there...I love it when people do that.
The room, while very clean and comfortable, didn't strike me as anything above or beyond a typical Marriott. But, overall, it was a nice hotel with great staff and location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review! I am greatly pleased to learn that you were treated so courteously while checking in; it’s something our staff takes great pride in doing, and I will be certain to share your comments with them. If there is anything we can add to the guest rooms to make them more comfortable, we always welcome your suggestions! Thank you again, and we’ll look forward to your next visit.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel has a great location and the staff are all nice and friendly. The only negative is in the food service area where the staff can be somewhat indifferent and not committed to the highest quality. The rooms are nicer than your average Marriott which one would expect at a JW property. I would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Not sure one room would be so much better than another but there is some construction in the hotel l...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for staying here with us, and for your review. A commitment to the highest quality is always our intention, and I will be working with our food service team members...we appreciate your feedback very much. This summer we are bringing our front entrance up to date with a new door in order to improve our lobby experience. Please let me know how you like it on your next visit. Thank you again!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were extremely pleased we chose to both go to Denver and stay at the JW Cherry Creek for our anniversary trip. The staff were all helpful and pleasant. The room was clean, comfortable, and well-appointed. Everything you would except from this level of Marriott property. The concierge lounge is one of the better ones I've experienced. I would whole-heartedly recommend this particular hotel to anyone for any purpose.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Happy Anniversary! And thank you so much for your review and your recommendation—to know that we contributed to your wonderful long weekend is very rewarding to all of us, and I have shared your compliments with our staff. Thank you again, and we’ll look forward to welcoming you back.