“As good as it gets!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
nm
“As good as it gets!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I traveled to Denver for a girls weekend getaway. Our stay at the JW Marriott at Cherry Creek was such a pleasure. Thanks especially to Guest Service Manager BJ Vigil who really knows how to take care of hotel guests. I can't say enough about his generous efforts to ensure that every aspect of our stay was enjoyable and comfortable. He is truly an asset to Mariott. The rooms were comfortable, spacious, attractive, and immaculate. The onsite restaurant was excellent. And the service outstanding-- esp BJ. We hope to return and can't recommend this hotel more highly.

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
1 Thank mojo1984
BJ V, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to add a review on our page. I am thrilled that you experienced the top-notch customer service that we strive to provide to every single guest. We believe that our guests' recommendations are the highest form of thanks that we can receive and I cannot thank you enough. I am glad we had the opportunity to exceed your expectations. I look forward to seeing again very soon.

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Durango CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I booked a room for a weekend in Denver that included Valet Parking and Breakfast. We had stayed here during Christmas last year and enjoyed the experience. We were happy that we had valet included as it is $30 per night with no other options. We took showers prior to attending a concert with no hot water. When we told the front desk the employee told us they have issues with the hot water and we need to run the bathroom sink at the same time. That didn't work either. They sent up maintenance who left us a note that it was fixed but the next day it was just as cold. After the concert we returned to the hotel to find that a party was going on downstairs and the music was loud in our room on the 5th floor. When I called to complain the front desk said the party would end at 1:00AM. He offered to give us a fan for "white noise" to drown out the music. The next morning we went to breakfast with our voucher only to be told that our "breakfast included" package only gave us the option of ONE menu item, bacon and eggs. To be fair they were great, but nowhere on the offer did it say it was limited to ONE item. Tonight we returned to the room and it was not serviced by housekeeping. We called for towels which took 15 minutes to get here and then enjoyed another cold shower.
There are too many options at the $300 price point for anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ga2rbait
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your review. While it is never easy to hear that we have failed to provide the service you (and we) expect, it is important for us to know so that we can improve. I have shared your comments with our staff, and will be implementing additional training so that your next visit will be flawless from arrival to departure. Please let me know when you are planning your next trip to Denver, as I would appreciate the opportunity to assist you personally and earn your loyalty. Thank you again.

Guest Services Manager
JW Marriott Denver
amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We enjoyed our two days at this hotel very much, in the nice Cherry Creek shopping/restaurant part of Denver. The staff were very friendly, and the room was superb. Our experience was unfortunately marred after our stay when we discovered we left an expensive toiletry bag in the room. Numerous phone calls to the hotel did not generate an adequate response, and they were not helpful at all in trying to retrieve it. The friendliness seems therefore somewhat superficial.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank topq
Nick W, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us! I think the Cherry Creek area really shines in the summer sunshine. Thank you for letting us know about your toiletry bag as well, so that we can take care of this and also train our staff for a swifter response in the future. Please let me know when your travels next bring you to Denver; we hope to have you with us again.

JoAnn Elston
JW Marriott Denver
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at the end of July. Because we were traveling with our 3 sons, we booked 2 rooms on the concierge floor. The rooms were nice and the bathrooms with separate tub and shower were very roomy. I found the beds to be not the most comfortable and the linens were thin. Part of the discomfort was the fact that the bottom sheet and mattress pad were ill fitting and bunched up during the night. The fold out love seat in the king room was fine for our 9 year old, but when I lay next to him I almost felt bad for putting him there. The mattress was thin and lumpy, but luckily he didn't notice.

We usually like the convenience of the concierge floor, but in this case it was just not worth the extra cost, which was a disappointment. The offerings were pretty basic with week day breakfast 6:30-9 and snacks and cocktails starting at 5:30. There is no one staffing the room other than those hours, so if you need assistance you have to go downstairs. The fridge had some sodas, but was always out of water bottles when we went. The first night there were some snacks and $4 wine and beer, $5 mixed drinks available starting at 5;30. We went back after dinner and the dessert selection was some brownies and an empty cookie tray. The first morning we went for breakfast at 9 and were rudely told it closed at 9, but we were welcome to have the left overs as she cleaned up. Others came in after us and were told the same. Luckily, George came on duty later and he was most pleasant and helpful. The staff at the front desk and bell desk were all excellent.

The hotel is in a great location. You can walk to many shops and restaurants and it's an easy drive to the Univ. of Denver or the Arboretum. It was only about 45 minutes into the mountains to Idaho Springs for white water rafting.

I’m sure we will go back, but won’t bother with the concierge floor.

Room Tip: A high floor. Odd numbered rooms have a view of downtown and the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BJ V, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are currently working on revamping our concierge experience and look forward to impressing you upon your return. Our Chef Concierge George would love the opportunity to assist you with any concierge requests you may have in the future. I hope we get to see you again soon!

Bonners Ferry, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I'm a Diamond Hilton and Platinum Marriott member who has traveled to 75 countries and 49 states in depth. I've flown about 4 million miles just on Delta. There were some things at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek that REALLY stood out. First, this is the ONLY time I've ever arrived at any Marriott property and had the extra pillow already in the room with a nice note saying "Per Your Request." This might seem minor to some but it's major to those of us who call a hotel room home for much of the year. Second, the room we were first assigned had HVAC problems and the staff first tried to fix and then reassigned us a room and helped us move. Lastly, the in house restaurant, Second Home, is second to none. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner there and would travel back just to eat there. All in all, a 10 travel experience which seems too rare these days.

Room Tip: We first had a room on the side that got a little too much son. Best views are on side that faces th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Teresa B
BJ V, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
WOW!! I am thrilled that you had such a fantastic time! I admit I may be biased but I agree with everything you said. The JW Marriott Denver team works very hard to create this experience for all of our guests. Second Home is a wonderful restaurant and we find ourselves blaming them for the extra holes in our belts. I can't wait to have you back, Please let me know when your travels find you back in the Mile High City so that I may assist you personally.

orlando
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I am currently on a 4 night business stay. I am awake writing this review because apparently in Sumner they have live loud music until midnight. So if you working Beware!!! Don't have a room on the atrium side. Frankly I don't expect this from a hotel like this. Either advise on check in or post to website. Very disappointing. Will not use this hotel again. Too bad as it previously was my go to hotel when visiting my Denver office. On a positive note staff excellent and understanding but nothing they can do.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your compliments to our staff, which they appreciate very much. I am very sorry to read that you are not enjoying your visit with us as much as in the past. Cherry Creek really shines in the warm summer months, and our Summer Wednesdays program is usually perceived as very successful by our guests. I regret that your sleep was disturbed. Thank you for posting your comments, and we wish you restful sleep for the remainder of your visit. Please let me know the next time your travels bring you to Denver, because I would appreciate the opportunity to earn your loyalty again.

Guest Services Manager
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff in a great location in Cherry Creek. Close to upscale shopping and tasty restaurants. Quiet room, fast check in, courteous valet staff, and accommodating to our new 2 month old. Call ahead if you need their crib and it'll all be set up when you arrive.

Will definitely stay here again when we're back in town. No more downtown for us.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
BJ V, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
First off, I am so grateful that you took a moment to share your experience. I'm so glad that it was "exceptional" my team and I strive to consistently exceed yours and our expectations. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we can't wait to see your little one next time you are in Denver. Feel free to hello when planning your next trip.