“Beautiful 'home away from home' !!!”
Review of Patterson Inn

Patterson Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Denver, Colorado
“Beautiful 'home away from home' !!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We recently stayed 2 nights in the Chesire room at the Patterson Inn in Denver. We had three people in our party, and this is there only room that can accommodate three. The room was beautifully decorated, spotless, and the bathroom was big and gorgeous. There was PLENTY of room for three. The beds were outstanding. I was able to peak into a few other rooms, which were all unique and perfectly decorated.

The location is great, easy to get to all the fun parts of Denver.

The hosts make you feel very comfortable and were incredibly nice! We loved our stay at the Patterson Inn, and will hopefully be back!

The only improvement I can say is that the breakfast was a bit simple. Even adding some bread and a toaster or cereals would have helped. With the addition of a few more options for breakfast this place would be perfect!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank meg043
Sue C, General Manager at Patterson Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Thank you for your comments - we're so happy you had a wonderful stay in the Cheshire room.
We strive to make your guest experience effortless, so glad you were happy with everything.
Your breakfast comments are so timely as we've just unveiled a new June 1 summertime menu with many new entrees including lemon ricotta pancakes with fresh raspberry compote, eggs baked in spinach gratin, bacon breakfast cupcakes, banana pancakes with Vermont maple syrup, strawberry muffins, sour cream belgian waffles with brandied Colorado peaches and many more. We hope you'll return to enjoy! Kind regards, Staff of Patterson Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I did not know what to expect in our 1st stay in a B&B, however, every expectation was exceeded. This is credit to the remarkable selection of innkeepers Mike & Melissa. They are truly meant to be in the service industry and their years of experience of working with guests show. Always professional, always helpful, always accommodating.

The rooms were graciously appointed with a combination of modern amenities and old world elegance. We stayed in 2 rooms over 2 nights and our move from room to room was effortlessly accommodated with a focus on not inconveniencing us. The linens are truly luxury quality. The Inn allows privacy or togetherness of the guests as noted by the table set up in the dining room. The tables can be pulled together or separated. The brunch was prepared by Melissa and did not disappoint. It was a nice balance of carbs and proteins so that one leaves with a taste of heavenly food and satiated for the morning. The local coffee was a nice touch!

The bar has been set high for other B&Bs that I visit! Credit for the experience goes to Mike & Melissa. The flawless organization, service, style and tone clearly goes back to those on duty at the time of our stay.

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper, be aware that the doorbell is loud and the floors are wooden so you will...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth W
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 April 2013

At most bed and breakfasts I assume the rooms will be small. I stayed in the Library room and it was very large with modern updates but antique charm. I was extremely impressed. The house is beautiful. They also have a pub downstairs for happy hour where they serve wine and a few simple snacks.

Things to improve on: We called to see if they had room available and the employee that answered the phone-Mike-had no idea. He told us to just show up. If I am paying $235+ per a night I would expect a little more assistance with booking. I later found out he was a boyfriend of the owners daughter and it made more sense why he was there.

Other than that- a very pleasant stay. I may return in the future.

Room Tip: Choose the Library room!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I treated myself and stayed in the Patterson Inn's Prague suite the evening before traveling to Wyoming for a conference. This was my first time staying in a B&B and I loved how the inn was not the "traditional" B&B. It's a grand historic mansion that has been renovated into several very different suites, all with modern conveniences. I was 110% satisfied with everything the inn had to offer. The room was perfection: beautiful, elegant, well-appointed, and spacious, with corner views from the third floor and a four-poster king-sized bed that was to die for. I only wished I had enough time to take an extra long bubble bath in the claw-foot tub. But the walk-in shower was more than sufficient for my needs! The staff were very welcoming and helpful, giving directions and tips about the area, and the large breakfast spread was delicious, particularly the homemade quiche! The inn is in a walkable location to many of the downtown Denver museums and other attractions. Try out the Patterson...I promise you will not be disappointed in any way! I will definitely be trying out another suite here if I ever return to Denver.

Room Tip: The Prague suite is a third-floor corner space with a 27-foot cathedral ceiling. The bathroom is ver...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DCginger01
Colorado
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Enough with the stuffy and musty Victorian B & B image. The Patterson is a unique, Chateauesque boutique-like bed and breakfast, tucked in Denver's hip, urban Capitol Hill area. I can't wait to return in the summer or fall so we can go out and explore the neighborhood's eateries or even walk downtown. We were in the Antoinette room on the first floor and were delighted with it (the most inexpensive of the rooms). The attention to details are unbelievable; the decorator did an fantastic job in coordinating each room's ambience. The use of films to inspire each room's theme is done in a clever and classy sort of way--no tackiness here! The Patterson is an immense house, but specs of dust were few and far between. We loved the plush linens, bedding, and towels. The breakfast spread was laid out buffet style, but it was a notch above a typical continental (quiche and french toast casserole were included). I always appreciate a substantial and hot breakfst--something more than I what I would do at home. The onsite hosts, Mike and Melissa, went beyond the call of duty and were clearly enjoying their roles (Mike spent over an hour giving us an insider's tour of the renovation, Melissa shared a recipe). Most B & B's are pricey anymore, and not a "cheap way to go". Still, we received so much more individual attention than one would get at an upscale hotel. It was a fun, romantic, way to have a special weekend. Plus, we were supporting an historically preserved property! This place has great potential as a venue for weddings, catered events, etc. I'm hoping it will be a success; it is a relatively new business and is finding its stride. The money spent restoring this place was phenomenal, I'm sure. Anyone staying here should appreciate that the Patterson is one more priceless mansion that has been saved from demolition.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Holladay, Utah
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We visited the Inn while in town to watch Saints vs Broncos game. We prefer to stay in b & b's whenever possible and this inn was truly special. The renovation is excellent and the inn is conveniently located near restaurants, shops, etc.

We were pleased by the friendly and attentive staff who were more than capable at dealing with our various requests/needs. My hubby and I were in the middle of 2 stressful moves so we came to the inn in desperate need of quiet time. I'm so happy to report that the inn did not disappoint.

Our room had enormously high ceilings and gorgeous furnishings. The towels & linens were plush and soft. We had such a relaxing weekend (minus losing our football game-lol) that we were refreshed & ready to face our ongoing moves.

We were so pleased with our stay that we wouldn't hesitate staying at the Patterson Inn the next time we visit Denver. We can also highly recommend that anyone else do the same.

Room Tip: Go online to see the various rooms. Fun way to see what's available and to find the ideal room...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 20 December 2012

A colleague and I stayed in Denver in November 2012 while attending two conferences. We were supposed to be at the Westin, but the meeting planner there fumbled our reservations and at the last minute we were left looking for rooms somewhere - anywhere - in a nearly fully-booked downtown. It turned out to be a huge stroke of luck for us, as we found the Patterson Inn and had a marvelous stay in a lovely atmosphere. I stayed in the The Library and it was great. It had a fantastically eclectic selection of books ranging from science to biography to 60s gothic novels (one guess as to my selection, ha).

The staff were wonderful - Sue was so helpful and answered any questions we had right away, and Melissa got up super-early several days to make us excellent coffee to-go when we had to be at the conference center before breakfast. She would have made us breakfast too, I'm sure, we just didn't need it on those days. The days we did get to eat breakfast at the Inn were a treat. The full spread included quiche, pastries, fruit, yogurt, etc. and it was all really tasty. I also liked that it was laid out buffet-style so you could pick and choose what you wanted, in contrast to some B&Bs I've visited where they bring out already-filled plates. It was also made available for a couple of hours so you didn't have to "make an appointment" and show up at a previously agreed upon time. Very relaxing.

We also had a car for a couple of days. There's a small parking lot right out front of the Inn and it was very convenient and easy to park. For the days we didn't have a car, we found it a very pleasant walk (20 mins or so) to the downtown conference center. There is also a Whole Foods about 5 minutes up the street; very convenient for late-night snack runs (and I felt quite safe walking round the neighborhood even at night). I'd definitely recommend it, and would stay again next time I'm in Denver.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pealet
Sue C, General Manager at Patterson Inn, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Thank you for letting us know of your wonderful stay at the Patterson Inn. Guest comfort is our number one priority - so happy we exceeded your expectations ! It was our pleasure to have you as our guest~hope to see you next time you're in Denver.