“Great Place!”

Patterson Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed at the Patterson from Aug. 14-21. Had a wonderful time! The location was perfect for us. Our room was on the first floor and suited our needs perfectly.

Breakfast was very good - varied a bit depending on who was working that day (e.g. freshly prepared or waiting on a hotplate). The granola, fruit and yogurt was just fine for me; my husband prefers a hot breakfast and he was not disappointed.

We also enjoyed happy hour in the "pub" and the information shared about the history of the place.

Parking is limited, as with another B&B we stayed in previously in the area. A couple of times we had to park in the lot a block away, but the Patterson has two spaces there which are very well marked.

Would certainly stay here again. Two thumbs up!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mom2Canada

Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is a luxurious mansion on Capitol Hill. Huge and highly decorated rooms, very comfortable beds, and excellent service. The breakfast is gourmet and the whole experience was superior. The only downside is the limited parking if you are driving. Watch the signs for on-street parking, I got a ticket.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I arrived at the Patterson Inn late on a Friday afternoon hoping my booking at an Inn would be a good choice....and I was wrong, it was AMAZING! The location and outside look is stunning and the inside is even more so. Doug was on hand to welcome me so graciously, assisted with luggage and then provided valuable advice for dining, walking and site seeing. The Patterson Inn has beautiful, comfy rooms that equal the best hotels that I have stayed in and I would definitely stay here again. Walking to downtown is easy as is other areas for dining and site seeing. A beautiful area of Denver and a great Inn! Skip the traditional hotel and experience a magical Inn, you will not be disappointed! This Inn would also make for a wonderful, romantic get away....

Room Tip: Room 9 was beautiful with a very "happy" feel due to the color scheme. The elevator only...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The restoration of this home is fantastic. We stayed on the first floor, and it was surprisingly quiet. Our suite was spacious, bright, beautiful, and had all the amenities we could desire. The staff was friendly and helpful. The meals were delicious: a blend of staples and wonderful daily specials. We were fortunate enough to be able to use the property parking spots throughout our stay (5 nights.) The central location of the Patterson allowed us to tour the surrounding area (Boulder, Colorado Springs, Rocky Mountain National Park, Golden) and return to delightful lodging each night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Most hotels near my business meetings were all booked and I selected Patterson Inn as a last resort. But I was amazingly surprised and happy with the accommodations! I arrived very late - after reception was closed. But prior to my arrival, I received a call and an email advising me of the front door entrance code and had a welcome packet waiting for me in the foyer. Patterson Inn is a beautifully restored Victorian mansion, close to downtown and offers a nice personal touch for business travelers and tourists alike, My room was well appointed, with attention paid to outfitting the room with luxurious linens, heavy Turkish towels and good lighting. I stayed in the Biltmore room, which had a wonderful, comfy bed and the bathroom had a large shower and jacuzzi. There was a filtered water cooler down the hall and a Patterson Inn branded sports bottle in my room (a smart touch) Breakfast was very good and included blueberry pancakes made to order, pleasant and friendly staff and nice white table linens.
I will be traveling to Denver frequently for business and I would absolutely stay here again - every time!

Room Tip: There is an elevator between the first and 2nd floors, so if you have heavy suitcases, request a 2nd...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dimebueno
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The Patterson is wonderfully restored and the staff are very professional. All rooms are glorious in their appointments and style. It's a pain to park in the area, and the three parking spots on the property were always filled - we never got to use them. They luckily offer parking about 1.5 blocks away, but that gets to be a pain after a few days.

We wished for better breakfasts. What they provide are granola, juice, coffee, cold hard boiled eggs, cold meats and cheeses and a rotating variety of sweets like muffins, ricotta rolls, etc. We're low-carb kind of people and we missed the opportunity for a warm, egg-related breakfast.

This is a large building, and it was fantastic to have great AC even on the top floor.

Room Tip: They all looked very good. The website doesn't make it clear, but all bathrooms are ensuite.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 77,027
Sue C, General Manager at Patterson Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Good morning and thank you for your kind words regarding our staff at the Patterson. We're constantly working to make all our guest's stay a memorable experience. We're pleased you enjoyed your room and the well-appointed common areas.

I do wish while you were here that you would have mentioned your egg-related wishes. As it happens, during your visit, we offered not only the 'Rocotta Crepes' topped with fresh berries but also a 'Lemon Basil Quiche', which was the egg dish, plus a melon plate. Each day we strive for one protein dish (egg) and one carb dish. The first day you were here, our menu shows we served the 'Mini-Spinach Cherry Feta Fritatta for the protein and the 'Cream Cheese Roll-Ups' with fresh blackberry compote (carb) and a citrus frut plate.

Thank you for visiting the Patterson Historic Inn - we hope you will return !

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I stayed there for a single night, I was not feeling well, but went along with the trip. I must say the arquitecture itself is breathtaking, once you are inside doesn't disappoint either. We stayed in the third floor, that ment going up the stairs 1 floor since the elevator only goes up to the second one(not a biggie, but I was sick and weak) so if you are a senior (or got a nasty infection like me ) stay in the bottom floors. Once up in the room first thing I did was plunge to bed. My gosh, I have stayed in many 5 star hotels, but the comfort of this bed was superb,linens in the higher thread count, plush pillows(feathers?) and the bathroom was sooo big and beautiful I took pics for my own house renovation, high cealings, great decor, it has it all. Can't wait to return! The only disappointment was that my husband wanted to see something paranormal. Since it is said to be haunted. To my relieve No luck there! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple