“Above and beyond my expecations for service and friendliness”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Patterson Inn

Patterson Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Santa Monica, CA
“Above and beyond my expecations for service and friendliness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I traveled to Denver for work and all the major downtown hotels were sold out. I found Patterson Inn online and thought, "how can such a nice place be so inexpensive?". I was prepared for a disappointment and BAM--from the architecture to the amazing shower to the huge room to the charm of the neighborhood--Patterson Inn was outstanding. If that were not enough, I left my new belt behind in the room and they Fed Ex'ed it to me immediately and without charging me. Finally, the kindness of the staff was superlative--professional and sweet. This is in addition to the homemade blueberry pancakes. I am a convert...when in Denver, I will never stay at a downtown hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Woodland Park, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I loved everything about the Patterson Inn and I travel a lot so I have quite high expectations. My room (The Antoinette) had a bed that was so comfortable I didn't get any work done! The room also had plenty of amenities, including an ironing board and iron, robes, TV, radio, etc. I enjoyed the spa products left in the bathroom (although I can't remember the brand name). I had to check in early so I could return to an event and the hosts were very accommodating. I know there was a wine tasting in the early evening, but I, unfortunately missed this. Breakfast the next morning was amazing, though. I had eggs cooked to my specifications along with a fresh fruit parfait, a croissant with a selection of homemade jams, juice and coffee. The building it interesting to wander around with a library on the second floor and a tavern in the basement (not yet open as my visit was before the main season). The inn, former home to a couple of early Denver legislators, has been beautifully restored and I enjoyed my time there immensely and will definitely return so I can try out another room.

Room Tip: The Antoinette is a beautiful corner room with an extremely comfortable king-sized bed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I rented the Patterson Inn for an informal business gathering in their common areas, and also had my out of town work associates stay at the Inn. Our event went perfectly and the staff was very kind and helpful. Outside of that, my associates had a great stay. They complimented the rooms, location, decor, breakfast, and especially the help. Thanks to all at the Patterson for making our event and stay memorable.

Room Tip: The Da Vinci comes with a patio that is a wonderful place for a peaceful cup of coffee in the mornin...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank todd h
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I had the privilege of staying at the Patterson Inn last fall and can't stop thinking about it. I am usually a "concierge floor at a major hotel" type of person, but the experience at the Patterson Inn changed my mind! Everything was perfect - attention to detail such that I have never seen. My room was huge and had it's own private patio. The linens and amenities were top of the line. The complimentary breakfast was customized to my taste. The staff anticipated all of my needs.
I had an opportunity to speak with the Manager, Susan - very pleasant and welcoming. I have been telling all of my friends about the Patterson Inn and hope to return in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for a tour before you choose or go online - each room is different - the bathrooms in all rooms...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Cheyenne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

This was an amazing bed and breakfast! The rooms are beautiful.The whole building is fine example of Denver history preserved. Absolutely incredible breakfast! The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. We are looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed February 2014
Sue C, General Manager at Patterson Inn, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Good morning and thank you so much for taking the time to review the Patterson Inn. We're happy your experience exceeded your expectations! We will look forward to your next visit.
Kind regards, Sue
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I once stayed at a bed and breakfast and complained to my friend about how ignored I felt at the place. My friend told me that I had the wrong expectations- that B and B were not know for service and if I wanted service, I should go to a hotel. Well, my friend should stay here because this inn was a great B and B and was very attentive to needs including excellent wifi, maps and information about the surrouning area, and a lovely wine hour. On one occasion, when a cab did not pick me up as had been requested, Sue was gracious enough to drive us to the restaurant so we did not lose our reservation. The room had probably the best bed that I have ever stayed in...very comfortable with great down pillows. The inn itself is beautiful and charming without feeling old and outdated. The only down side to the inn is its location from the downtown. I had problems with 3 different cab companies that stood me up for reserved times. The inn is about a 30 minute walk from the convention center so it is doable. Overall, it is a very nice place to stay and I appreciated both the charm and the attention of the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Each room is unique. I stayed in the Library which was quite nice on the second floor. Another plu...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Patterson Inn is everything you would want it to be. The rooms are amazing. They are beautifully decorated and so comfortable. The breakfast was the perfect way to start the day with delicious choices. I was very impressed with the Innkeepers, especially Alyssa. What a delightful personality that made us feel very welcomed and special. This is definitely a destination place. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business