“great stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Georgetown, Kentucky
“great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I was in Denver for a large meeting, the SpringHill Suites was a great location. It was close enough to the 'main drag' to walk to restaurants, but far enough away to not hear the city traffic. The room was well appointed and very clean and comfortable. Also, I believe it is a labratory hotel for students at the adjacent campus.

The staff was very helpful, especially the young valet on the morning of my departure--- my shuttle service was VERY late picking me up, and he did everything within his power to get me a ride, verifying through the shuttle service my reservation, etc. At one point, he even had a town car called (I told him I didn't care if it was an old rusty pick up truck, I just had to get to the airport). The breakfast area staff was also very hospitable.

The breakfast was a welcome benefit, as often it seems that hotels of this calibre don't provide such amenities.

It is also a 'green' hotel with water and electric saving features. I found the light switch system a bit confusing at first. Also, the elevators have an odd banging sound when moving up and down... that was a little un-nerving at first.

I would stay here again if I have the occassion.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ranger505
Jack M, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for the 5-star review! We pride ourselves on giving the best possible service to each of our guests. It looks like you were here on business, and we are thrilled that our Hotel was such a great fit for your travel plans. Thanks again for the great feedback, we will see you next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stay at Springhill Suites often and was looking forward to this one. I really like that they have a valet service seeing that most other locations do not. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly, although they lack any initiative.

My complaints: We had a problem with our air conditioner during our entire stay. It just didnt work and we were miserable everytime we had to be in our room and slept horribly because of it. We complained multiple times to no avail. We were treated as if we weren't telling the truth.

We also dealt with extremely loud construction outside our window starting at 0730 during the entire stay.

This property doesn't have a bar or pool but is in a great location. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank travelbecomesher
Thank you for your continued loyalty to the SpringHill Suites brand! I cannot state how disappointing it is to hear that your highly anticipated stay did not meet your standards. Our staff does their best to deliver the best possible service to all of our guests, and have the goal to be recognized as the best in our business. Thanks to your feedback, we see that there is more hard work to be done in order to meet that goal.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

The staff at this hotel are amazing. I was overwhelmed at how modern and swanky the design is. I particularly liked working in the space as the bedroom area is defined away from the lounge/office space. I worked most of the day comfortably. Great speedy wifi, business center for easy printing of files a large gym and awesome breakfast. I went to the lobby several times during the day for coffee refills and it was always hot and ready. I was taken back by how the staff remembered my name and approached me about how my stay had been. Staying/working a couple days couldnt be a better time.

Room Tip: The double rooms with two beds are a bit larger. Either end of the hotel east or west will view eit...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
We are lucky to have a staff so devoted to guest-service, and love to see their hard work recognized in reviews like yours! Thank you for taking the time to give us such great feedback, it sounds like you enjoyed our property and took advantage of all its amenities during your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed at this SpringHill Suites when my nephes wedding was moved from Estes Park to Downtown Denver during the flooding. The hospitality of each staff member was excellent. The comfort, amenities and cleanliness of the public spaces and our room were superior and very much appreciated. The room was well layed out and gave us plenty of space to relax and enjoy our down time. Our Magellan took us right to the bell stand where we were greeted and well taken care of. The short stroll to Larimer Square for dinner at Tomayo which was reccommended by the front desk staff was a great pick! Try the Mahi Mahi tacos! Thank you for a great stay-it saved our doomed vacation!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
I’m sorry to hear that your wedding plans were affected by the flooding in Estes Park earlier this summer; it was a very trying time for most of Northern Colorado. I’m sure that the wedding was still a blast, and we’re glad you decided to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to give us such an awesome review. I’m glad our Hotel and its staff impressed you, and we would love to have you stay with us next time you’re in Denver!
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

This Marriott property was very nice, and the location was terrific for the Lodo district with it's shopping and nice restaurants. The rooms are clean and very attractive. When the rooms were designed, though, I think they went for style rather that function. We could not figure out how to turn on only one light, either to read in bed or for a nightlight. The "all off" function is great when you leave the room, but either all the living area lights were on or the bedroom area lights were on. So the members of your party had better all be awake or asleep. We tried to leave the bathroom light on as a nightlight, but they have a glass door, so the light comes into the bedroom. This is also bad for a sleeper if your partner has to get up during the night -- the bathroom light shines right on the bed.

There were also no towel racks in the bathroom. Just 2 hooks. It's hard to be 'green' and reuse towels when there isn't an adequate place for them to dry between uses.

Even with those problems, the location of the hotel is very good. Warning: if you plan to walk to any of the nearby stadiums, be sure to ask directions. We went by a city map and walked over an overpass, only to find that there was no way back down at the stadium. We had to walk all the way back to the beginning of the overpass and figure out how to get down to street level. It looks an easy walk when you leave the hotel, but it DEFINITELY is not as easy as it looks, so ask for clear directions before you start out.

Room Tip: See review!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monkey056
Thanks for your detailed review! We appreciate all the feedback from our guests, every bit helps us to continue to provide the best possible service we can! It sounds like you went to a Broncos game during your stay with us, and we’re glad you got to stay at the closest Downtown Hotel to Mile High Stadium. Next time you are here, stop by the Front Desk before heading out, and we would be happy to help you with the most accurate and timely directions to the game! Thanks again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this location. The rooms are great. The young man who retrieved my car Sunday morning was friendly and helpful! The front desk evening staff Saturday night were very friendly and welcoming!

• Stayed September 2013
Jack M, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a 5-star review! I’m glad you decided to come back and stay with us again. Hope to see you again soon!
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We spent two nights at SpringHill Suites, which is located Downtown ... close to the heart of the city. The room was spacious and well-equipped, and breakfast was very good. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Denver.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CH-Travellers
Jack M, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you the review! I hope you enjoyed your time in the U.S. and look forward to having you stay with us next time you’re in Denver. Thank you for recommending our SpringHill Suites!