“Nice Hotel”

SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown
Ranked #21 of 159 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here for the great American Beer Fest as part of a friend's stag party.

Great location to the nightlife in downtown.

The hotel is clean and modern with very friendly staff,

Had a problem with the charge for valet parking that was quickly rectified by the front desk staff.

Will stay here again if I am in Denver.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Austin W, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. I apologize for the mistake made with a parking charge, and I’m glad it was quickly taken care of. We love our location and its proximity to LoDo, Larimer Square and the Convention Center, and we hope you enjoyed The Great American Beer Festival as much as we did! We look forward to the next time you’re here in Denver.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We spent 2 nights here at the end of our 2 week anniversary trip.

This is a new hotel. Loved our room very modern, clean. Good selection for breakfast.

You have valet parking. Have to call ahead to have car brought to you.

If you want to be right in the thick of things, want a restaurant, bar and pool, this might not be the place for you, but it was fine for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Betty370
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have traveled a lot in the last 2 months, staying in high end hotels that were pricey. SpringHill Suites in Downtown Denver beats them all and at half the price. The service is the best, the atmosphere charming and the setting in downtown Denver just about as perfect as it can get. I think I've stayed in nearly every suite hotel in downtown Denver but this one is now my favorite. I'll be recommending this chic hotel to my friends and family! Sherri

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hagonanag
Austin W, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts about your most recent visit with us! We are so happy to hear that our hotel worked out so well for you, and you highlighted some of our favorite aspects of our property. We pride ourselves on our service standards and your kind words mean a lot. I'll be sure to pass them along to the rest of the team. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed here for four nights and it was a great experience from beginning to end.
I have stayed at other Springhill Suites and many Marriotts for that matter and this hotel is really exceptional.
First off, it doesn't look like any other hotel I have stayed in. It's funky, chic without being too ostentatious and pretentious. It's young without being too hip (thus making me feel old).
The room was very nice as well. Nice layout, comfortable bed, plenty of outlets, nice Ipod docking station and a fridge! I loved the glass shower and the shampoos, etc. being in a dispenser and not little bottles.
The hotel is very green as well which is nice. I basically just got new towels each day.
The breakfast buffet had real food! Thank you! I absolutely despise hotel buffets that have fake eggs, processed junk to eat. This has fresh fruit, real eggs, cheese, etc. Loved it.
Loved the gym and business computer as well
The hotel is 5 minute walk from tons of restaurants.
Another added bonus and amazing feature was the free hotel shuttle they provide to take you/pick you up (within a 3 mile radius). That is a very nice feature.
I would definitely stay here again. Perfect hotel stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Brklynrider

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review! Especially from someone who does as much traveling as you do. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the SpringHill Suites. It's good to hear that our amenities suited you so well, and you were able to take advantage of our shuttle and enjoyed our wonderful breakfast. We hope to see you again the next time you are passing through. Safe travels!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I was in charge of organizing a Bachelorette Party in Denver and we decided to stay at the Springhill Suites Downtown. To accommodate 8 girls- 7 of whom were traveling to Denver- I was hoping for a great experience and nice hotel. I was so pleased and could not be happier with our stay!
The valet drivers were helpful, the front desk staff was thorough and kind, the rooms were clean and the views were killer! All of the girls were extremely happy and the location was so convenient. We walked to restaurants and bars, enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning and had a great stay overall.
I'm so glad we went with this hotel and would recommend it to travelers wanting to check out the city, family coming to stay and bachelorette/ bachelor groups wanting an easy place to keep everyone happy. Loved our stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jordan L
Jack M, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thanks for taking the time to give our Hotel such a great review! I’m glad the location (right across the street to Lodo/Larimer Square) worked out so well for you ladies! Next time you all are celebrating a to-be bride, keep us in mind, we would love to have you stay with us again! Congratulations to the lucky lady…

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I was in Denver for a large meeting, the SpringHill Suites was a great location. It was close enough to the 'main drag' to walk to restaurants, but far enough away to not hear the city traffic. The room was well appointed and very clean and comfortable. Also, I believe it is a labratory hotel for students at the adjacent campus.

The staff was very helpful, especially the young valet on the morning of my departure--- my shuttle service was VERY late picking me up, and he did everything within his power to get me a ride, verifying through the shuttle service my reservation, etc. At one point, he even had a town car called (I told him I didn't care if it was an old rusty pick up truck, I just had to get to the airport). The breakfast area staff was also very hospitable.

The breakfast was a welcome benefit, as often it seems that hotels of this calibre don't provide such amenities.

It is also a 'green' hotel with water and electric saving features. I found the light switch system a bit confusing at first. Also, the elevators have an odd banging sound when moving up and down... that was a little un-nerving at first.

I would stay here again if I have the occassion.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ranger505

Thank you for the 5-star review! We pride ourselves on giving the best possible service to each of our guests. It looks like you were here on business, and we are thrilled that our Hotel was such a great fit for your travel plans. Thanks again for the great feedback, we will see you next time!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stay at Springhill Suites often and was looking forward to this one. I really like that they have a valet service seeing that most other locations do not. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly, although they lack any initiative.

My complaints: We had a problem with our air conditioner during our entire stay. It just didnt work and we were miserable everytime we had to be in our room and slept horribly because of it. We complained multiple times to no avail. We were treated as if we weren't telling the truth.

We also dealt with extremely loud construction outside our window starting at 0730 during the entire stay.

This property doesn't have a bar or pool but is in a great location. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank travelbecomesher

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the SpringHill Suites brand! I cannot state how disappointing it is to hear that your highly anticipated stay did not meet your standards. Our staff does their best to deliver the best possible service to all of our guests, and have the goal to be recognized as the best in our business. Thanks to your feedback, we see that there is more hard work to be done in order to meet that goal.