“Shower head pressure was the killer”

SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown
Ranked #19 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Antonio, Texas
“Shower head pressure was the killer”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The shower head and faucet pressure were preventing this review a 5 star rating. Filling up the tub took no time, so it was not the water pressure.

If the hotel management would be looking at this review, please fix it. I don't think I was the only one that had mentioned it.

Otherwise the stay was excellent. The rooms were big, modern and very new, enough for 4 adults and luggages. It is within walking distance to larimer street and 16th street, so dining options are aplenty.

It was my first stay at a springhill suites and was not too impressed with the breakfast selection when compared to the likes of embassy suites or courtyard.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Austin W, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I’m glad to see we received high marks from you in regards to you recent stay with us in terms of the service we provide and our rooms and location. I’m sorry to hear that your water pressure was not satisfactory during your stay. We are a LEED certified hotel and we strive to do our part to conserve our natural resources. I can understand how water conservation measures could lead to shower pressure being less than ideal at times. We always want our guests to have an enjoyable and refreshing stay, and I sincerely apologize that we were not able to fully impress you during your time with us. We look forward to hosting you in the future. Best wishes and safe travels, thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Luxurious and Expression of Art. The basic accommodations are expected. However, the manner in which the accommodations were administered was astounding. Jack, our host was most pleasant and professional. Our visit here was an experience, one to be remembered as much as our purpose for being in Denver!

Room Tip: If travelling with multiple guests needing separate rooms, private suites with separate doors are a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank James E
Kansas
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed here because we were going to a hockey game and the Pepsi center is literally across the street. The rooms were less than $100 (seemed very low for that area on a game night), so we didn't know what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised at the modern decor throughout the hotel (including the rooms).

Parking was easy with the valet, but I would expect that for the $28 price tag. We texted a number before leaving the room and the car was ready for us when we got downstairs.

There was a complimentary breakfast available. To be honest, I thought the food was pretty bad. Certainly not their strong point.

The room was very impressive. Clean, modern, with ample amenities. There is free Wi-Fi in each of the rooms, lots of electrical outlets, large TV, walk-in shower, plenty of pillows, etc.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. First of all I’d like to apologize that our breakfast was not to your liking. I know how frustrating it can be when you aren't able to find something great for breakfast to get your day started on the right foot. I will certainly make sure we use this feedback to make sure our breakfast is something you can look forward to the next time you visit Denver. I’m glad to hear our rooms and amenities worked out so well for you during your stay, and we will look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We had a good stay here. The hotel is fairly new and the rooms were very modern and fresh. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The location is very good. At first sight, it seemed like we were off the beaten path, but the downtown area is right across the street. If you need something in the vicinity, such as groceries, food or anything, the hotel transport will take you there.
The hotel also has a breakfast bar that served its purpose and hit the spot, complete with juices, coffee, continental variety, sausages and waffles.

It was very quiet but extremely accessible to downtown attractions.

There did seem to be an issue with the elevator system. It would make loud clicking noises whenever going up or down. The management had a sign in the elevator, insuring all was safe. However, someone did get stuck in the elevator until the company fixed it. Luckily this hotel didn't have many floors.

Other than that, I would recommend and definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The corner suite on the 4th floor was large and had a view of the downtown area.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Honwan B
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 November 2013

As a well seasoned traveler and a former resident of Manhattan, I am used to high end fit and finish. You feel like you are staying in a 5-star boutique hotel in SOHO, all at 1/5 the price! The modern touches and styling are top notch. I loved the lighting system in my room, very hi-tech and easy to use. The bedding is super comfortable. The bathroom is modern and spotless. All of the furniture and fixtures look brand new. The interior style is contemporary - yet comfortable. The front desk staff were very friendly, and the housekeeping staff is marvelous. No annoying knocks at the door, though my room was always cleaned and ready when I returned. Toss in a spectacular free hot breakfast buffet and complimentary shuttle service into downtown Denver, and you can't go wrong!

Room Tip: From what I know, all rooms are almost identical. You don't have to worry about getting a lesse...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Varden G
Austin W, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us! It is fantastic to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, especially from a traveler who has probably seen it all. We’re always happy to learn that guests enjoyed our modern and contemporary feel as well as amenities like our hot breakfast and shuttle service. Providing guests with a comfortable and relaxing stay is a top priority for us, so I’m glad to hear we succeeded in those regards. I’ll be sure to share your review with our team as reviews like this are some of our favorite things. We wish you Happy Holidays and safe travels and hope to see you again the next time you’re in Denver.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I had such an amazing experience with the Springhill Suites Denver, event coordinator Macy and their entire staff! We had our wedding there November 16, 2013 and they truly went out of their way to make it an enjoyable and stress free experience. My guests all had an easy time parking with their valet staff and Macy really went over and beyond to accommodate me through the ENTIRE process. I had every question answered and they were even willing to do a run through prior to the rehearsal! The food for the rehearsal dinner was delicious and their restaurant was modern and clean. I highly recommend this hotel for any event big or small. They are accommodating and fun to work with.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Don't waste any more time, just book this hotel right now and then go do something more fun.

The location is outstanding - just a few blocks from Larimer street and 16th Avenue, across the street from the Pepsi Center, close to Mile High and Coors Fields, close to the riverside running path - it doesn't get any more central than this.

Staff courtesy and professionalism is second to none. Both the woman who checked us in and the gentleman who checked us out were extremely friendly and helpful, quickly making room changes and asking our questions about the area and things to do.

The room seemed to be brand new, and was spotless, modern and stylish. I loved the layout, with the desk separating the bed area from the sitting area with the full-sized couch. The bathroom was one of the nicest hotel bathrooms I've ever seen, with a glass shower and beautiful under-mount sink and fixtures.

The hotel prides itself on being "green," which I applaud, but I do have to admit that the lighting system was a little confusing, and they may have tried too hard in this area! It seemed like the only option was to have every light ON or every light OFF - as a person who likes very low, mellow lighting (maybe one table lamp on), this seeemed impossible. I also wish there had been a pool or at least a hot tub (my wife and I appreciate this option after long travel days!) But these are two very minor things in an otherwise perfect experience!

We appreciated having many options for the complimentary breakfast, and I also recommend the parking package, which included valet parking in the reasonable hotel rate.

Again, I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Book it now and be done with it.

Room Tip: I recommend an upper floor room on the mountain side.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank YVR19
What a great review! We appreciate your feedback and we are thrilled to hear that we were able to accommodate you on what sounds like a fun filled and relaxing stay. Our location allows our guests to enjoy some of Denver’s favorite attractions, from Larimer Square to the Pepsi Center and beyond and it sure sounds like you were able to experience some of what Denver has to offer. We constantly strive to provide our guests with the best possible service, and guest interaction is our favorite part of what we do, so believe me when I tell you it was our pleasure to have you stay with us during your time in Denver. We wish you Happy Holidays and we look forward to our next opportunity to show you everything Denver, and the SpringHill Suites has to offer. Thanks again!