“Great location, pricey parking”

SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown
Ranked #25 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great location, pricey parking”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We chose this hotel based on its proximity to downtown and the Pepsi Center. Both locations were walkable to include many restaurants and shops. We also had a car for other city side trips and a ski trip. Parking is $28 a day! Yikes! The daily hot breakfast had a good variety of items, but they often ran out of coffee. All hotel employees were very friendly and helpful during our visit. My only complaint is that I accidentally left something behind in our hotel room and we called to inquire about it on two occasions and each time we were promised a call back. We never received a call.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed 22 January 2014

After my horrible first experience with Springhill Suites led me to declair I would never stay at one, well, Never Say Never! This hotel was booked due to its very close walking distance to the Pepsi Center. Girls weekend, we were going to a concert... Valet was prompt and efficient, check in was very good. I asked for a high floor with a west facing view and was very happy that she accommodated my request--happily and asking questions about what exactly I wanted my view to include!
The room, while a looong walk from the elevator, turned out to be a lovely corner double room. Two windows on seperate walls were wonderful for natural light and views of both downtown and the mountains! Perfect! Large sitting area and desk, nice bed area. the bathroom seemeed small just due to the layout but it was well appointed with a great shower and nice amneities. The room had good lighting, and a lot of accessable plug ins for electronics. A fridge and microwave were nice too. I enjoyed the room. The beds were a bit more firm than I like but I liked the pillows and feather duvet.
The breakfast is just okay. Nothing great.
The best part of this hotel turned out to be the free shuttle. They have an SUV with driver that will take to to locations around downtown. Very friendly, efficient and such a great service! I will stay here again just for this!
Overall i like the location for events at the Pepsi Center. The staff are great and some good amenities. I will definitly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a specific room type/view as the staff seem willing to try and accommodat requests.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JMas0n
Austin W, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your review with us! We are so glad we were able to impress you, especially after your bad first impression with SpringHill Suites. We understand all the choices that travelers have when choosing a hotel, and we truly appreciate the second chance for us to demonstrate our commitment to exemplary service and guest satisfaction. We always do our very best to accommodate guest requests as we know a great stay can be made in the details, and we are dedicated to going the extra mile to exceed our guests expectations. Thanks again for staying with us and we'll see you next time!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 January 2014

SpringHill Suites is one of several of the Marriott brands and in my mind, more for everyday/business travel, so I hadn't really thought of reviewing this type of hotel. Don't get me wrong, I've had great luck with Marriott brands all around, just didn't think it worthy to review a business travel type property. However...

Really was Impressed with this hotel. Have actually stayed twice. Live in Denver metro and stayed to be in the downtown area, avoiding driving home, etc. Expected Marriott level of service, but wasn't expecting the feel it has. Very modern, almost European/Asian upscale hotel feel in someway. Great room and very comfy bed.

We had been staying at the Downtown Marriott (more traditional 'upscale' Marriott) but ended up here for what ever reason, and this will be the one we stay at going forward while in DT Denver.

The only drawbacks were that you do have to walk across a reasonably busy group of streets to get to the main entertainment areas of downtown, but not really a problem. But it is also immediately across from Pepsi Center (Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalance, concerts, etc). So depending on your reason for being in DT, this might be the ultimate place in DT.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DanM850
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I booked this hotel because of it's proximity to the Pepsi Center when we went to Denver for an Avalanche game. The location can't be beat for sporting events - the Pepsi Center is directly across the street. You can see the Sports Authority field where the Broncos play from the hotel, although not sure how long of a walk it is. We walked to 16th Street for dinner and it was less than a five minute walk to access plenty of different bars and restaurants. The walk to and from that area to the hotel felt safe coming back at 11 pm.

Check in was a little brisk but I appreciated they had accommodated our request for a high floor away from the elevator when assigning rooms. They provided us with complimentary water when we left (oh, that Denver altitude!), citing our frequent stays at Marriott chains. The only negative I had was when I called the morning of check out asking about checking out one hour late. The clerk was slightly rude and didn't even ask my room number before answering (I called from a cell phone while we were out running errands that morning).

The continental breakfast was fine. Not a tremendous amount of variety of hot foods but more than adequate. Seating was a little tight on Saturday morning but the staff were working hard to keep tables cleaned off and food supply replenished. The food and condiments were both well stocked. Valet parking was efficient. I didn't see a lot of options for other lots or on-street parking, but we weren't looking for any either.

The room was very clean with modern furniture. The carpeting, linens and furniture all suggest a room of much higher hotel class than the hotel star rating and rate implied. The lobby is bright and contemporary looking. I was pleasantly surprised what a great hotel this was!! I would return there for any future stays in Denver for sure.

Room Tip: Valet parking is $28 but you can get a parking package on the Marriott site for only $10 more than t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank renard8450
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here after using Denver airport for an international flight. Wanted to stay a night and go to the Denver Art Museum for a special exhibit. I thought it would be fun/nice to stay at a "boutique" hotel in or near downtown and LoDo. In my search, Spring Hill Suites came up, and had the best value. It is not an independent hotel, which was what I was looking for...but I booked anyway based on photos and amenities posted on the website, along with the rate. Because I read the website carefully, I knew there would be valet parking and knew that it would be expensive (for me), but I figured I'd be able to park nearby for less. I was able to find parking a block away for $6 for the night (instead of $28). Because it was a holiday (Jan. 1) I was also able to park in the street nearby in a meter for free. I transferred the car after dinner. It was cold out, but I'm tough, and am kind of pinching pennies right now, so I didn't mind the walk from the car to the hotel and back...I was still able to pull up to the front doors and leave the car while checking in and taking luggage to the room, and was able to pull up and load luggage while checking out. Customer service was very good. Though breakfast time was crowded, I thought the eating area was really stylish and pleasant. Silverware and plates are high quality- an extra touch of niceness. And the food was quite good, considering it was complementary! The interior design of lobby and rooms is modern and fun- nice color schemes- maybe on the trendy side (browns, teals, oranges), but still very attractive. One of the best features for me about the décor is the original artwork that is displayed in the lobby, public areas and the rooms. Bravo and thank you for this! The room was very nicely appointed and impeccably clean. My room (402) had a lovely view of downtown- made the stay even more enjoyable. The one unpleasant thing for me was in the lobby and common area: the intense smell of artificial air freshener. It was enduring and on the verge of nauseating. We were there on the night of January 1. My girlfriend thought that perhaps the night before there was a New Year's celebration on site, or guests staying there had partied too hard that night and got sick in public spaces, hence the need for strong air freshener, which would otherwise not be pollute the air. Whatever the case, I would suggest to the management to use an air freshener that is made of natural ingredients. I'm not even a chemically sensitive person, but the cheap air freshener was the one thing that kept the atmosphere from being perfect. I noticed from other reviewers some disappointment in the place not having a restaurant. Again, I knew from visiting the website that there would not be a restaurant, and so this didn't bother me. I was just happy that they offered a complementary hot breakfast! I was planning on venturing into downtown anyway, and came across an excellent restaurant (Rialto Café, adjoining a Marriott Courtyard), and this was on Jan 1., when many businesses were closed for the holiday.
I would gladly return to this Spring Hill Suites next time I am in Denver. Reducing the price of the valet parking even a bit, would be a big bonus.

Room Tip: If you like views of downtown, there are nice ones here. Ask for a room on the 4th floor or above, f...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Bright, contemporary hotel in great location. Love the artwork done by local students and professors. Applaud the commitment to sustainability with low energy heating/cooling and wise use of resources. All staff were friendly, helpful, and engaging on a personal level. Although valet parking is an additional expense, this goes with the territory in an urban area, and the cost was less than in comparable hotels. Breakfast was delicious, well stocked, and served in the comfortable lobby area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Austin W, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thanks for sharing your review with us! Our artwork contributed by Metropolitan State University students, professors and alumni is certainly something that makes our property unique, and it's great to learn that you enjoyed it as much as we do! We are happy to hear we were able to be your home away from home this holiday season, and it was truly our pleasure. We'll see you next time!
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I was using a Marriott certificate so it was free but I really enjoyed the property and staff. I am Marriott Gold and have almost 700 lifetime stays so I am qualified to judge their hotels. This in on the top 10. Great art, excellent staff, free shuttle on new ford Expeditions. Breakfast was fair to good. The room was excellent.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas C
Thanks for the five-star review! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your high praises, and thank you once again for your loyalty. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Denver!