“Great Attention to Detail”

SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown
Ranked #14 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sonoita, Arizona
“Great Attention to Detail”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

As a long time road warrior, I was taken aback to find the typical amenities that one would like to see ALL brought together in one room! Great desk with handy plugs, ability to screen the work area from the sleeping area, couch, good lighting, simple, functional furniture, great bed, nice linens with comforter. Loved the simplicity and functionality of the bath. Big shower (no tub) with handles on the opposite wall from the spray head. I didn't get blasted once with cold or too hot water with this arrangement! Sink area had plenty of room for my stuff. I rarely comment on the soaps and hair products but they were quality - Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo. Nice!

Good security. Located within walking distance of Lodo and all public transport. Good breakfast in the morning and hosted drink service in the lobby.

My only caution is that parking a vehicle is sky high. If you must drive, consider dropping your bags and finding a less expensive alternative. $28/night

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel has always been my first choice while in Denver. As a former Four Seasons executive, I love a high quality hotel that consistently delivers high levels of service, cleanliness, and a great product. Springhill Denver has everything. The valet staff is always present and ready to serve. They also have a shuttle that will take you to local spots. The front desk staff always engages as soon as I walk in the front door and it very courteous at all times. I've interacted w/ both Housekeeping and Engineering staff and they always greet you in the corridors and make eye contact. I love some of the small touches in the room. When you turn on the TV, the Weather Channel comes on at a medium volume. Much better than some hotel informational channel at a high volume. Recycling options are available in the guest room which I appreciate. And the beds have high quality linen that provide a great night's sleep. Finally, the hotel features art work throughout....lobby, rooms, corridors,....that is uniquely Denver and not something you'd see at another hotel in another city. As someone that travels a lot, it always feels good to get to this hotel and have a special experience w/ a great product. Oh yeah...almost forgot...a free breakfast in the morning that is healthy and convenient.

1 Thank jeff j
Austin W, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
What a fantastic review! We are thrilled to hear how much you've enjoyed your time with us here in Denver, and we are glad we succeeded in consistently delivering exemplary service and a wonderful stay. We really value your feedback, especially considering your experience in the industry, and we will use it to make sure we continue to set the bar as high as possible. Thanks again for sharing, we'll see you soon!
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed here for a conference in the center of Denver, and the hotel does what you need. Comfortable rooms, good breakfast included in the price, walking distance from the center and the convention center. The staff was very helpful as well. A big problem was the AC, that makes an enormous noise, so I had to turn it down and it became quite cold during the night. Also the bathroom as cold, because it does not warm up. A part this it was an okay stay considering the price.

1 Thank Alessandr078
Jack M, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for choosing our SpringHill Suites as your home away from home during the convention. I’m very happy to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations! We do our very best to ensure that our guests receive the best possible service. You mentioned that you had trouble with the HVAC unit in your room, for which we sincerely apologize… We hope you had a safe trip home and that you come back and see us next time you’re in Denver!
West Jordan
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here in January for a Broncos game. The rooms were very nice and comfortable and the included breakfast was quite good. There is a nice outside patio with a fireplace and couch to relax. Also, the restaurants in LoDo were all within walking distance. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jillybean011178
Thank you for sharing your review! Broncos games are a blast, and being so close to the stadium and LoDo makes joining us for sporting events even better with all the great dining, entertainment and shopping options just a short walk away. We hope to see you again next time!
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites for 3 nights and 4 days while in Denver for a volleyball tournament. The rooms were beautiful and very roomy, especially since we have 4 girls to each room. The staff was kind and accommodating. The breakfast treated our girls as if they were their own, making them waffles each morning. We had a sick girl and they didn't flinch when she brought down her trashcan for the front desk to dispose of, and they made sure her room was cleaned and disinfected. We had several meals brought in and the large "dining" table in the lobby was perfect. The shuttle drivers treated us with respect and kindness, it was like having our own personal driver at our beck and call. They took us to the grocery for snacks which was a bit of a ways from the hotel. I can not say enough about how wonderful our stay was. We will be back.

1 Thank Tlamosley
It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! It sounds like everyone was able to take advantage of all our property has to offer. Our goal was to make sure everyone had as little as possible to worry about and that everything went smoothly so that everyone could focus on the tournament and enjoy the competition, and I'm glad to hear we didn't let you down. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback, we are already looking forward to next year!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed here back in February for several nights and then came back only for a meeting,, staying at another downtown hotel. On my 1st trip my enjoyment started with the welcoming arrival. I then had a room that worked wonderfully for my needs. It was super clean and spacious. The crew at breakfast were always helpful and smiling and speaking to my group at breakfast (Springhill Hotels have a very nice breakfast spread). On this trip I was only there for a dinner. WOW. Great food and more friendly and smiling faces. This place really delivers. Many dinner restaurant location within easy walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Clint S
Austin W, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your review! We are glad to hear we've had the pleasure of hosting you on more than one occasion and that we were able to help make your time in Denver enjoyable. Our complimentary breakfast is sure to have something everyone can enjoy, in addition to some healthy alternatives to some common breakfast fare, and it's always good to hear guests are able to take advantage of the variety and enjoy a great start to the day. Thanks again, we'll see you next time!
Houston, TX
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed at the Springhill Suites in downtown Denver for business. I travel often for business so I see many hotels. Here's what I liked about this hotel: it's new and clean and more importantly, this hotel has some of the best staff I've ever seen which tells me that the manager (Jack) puts good training and customer service as high priorities. An example is Sidney who works in the breakfast area - Sidney went above and beyond by finding a banana for me when there were none to be found. And, he saved one for me for the next day! Additionally, he's very friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Some rooms have tubs and some have showers with no tubs. If this is important to you, keep this in...