“location”

SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown
Ranked #19 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 April 2014

this hotel is perfectly situated for either business or pleasure, big modern rooms well designed and close to all the action. the only drawback for me was that they do not have a bar, I enjoy a cocktail after playing tourist all day. they have some type of rollout bar at 5:00 I don't know how long or if it everyday. the staff was friendly and very helpful. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wlke
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel is modern, clean, and the staff is incredibly friendly. The location can't be beat, being only a few minutes walk from LoDo, the 16th Street Mall, sports venues including the Pepsi Center, and the Cherry Creek Trail. The complimentary breakfast includes a variety of items such as scrambled eggs, canadian bacon or sausage, oatmeal, fruit, muffins, yogurt, juice, etc. They offer a free shuttle service within a 3 mile radius, which given their location, provides great access. The hotel is near some busy streets, but there are pedestrian crossing signals to help you navigate. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. The outlets are plentiful and conveniently located. The lobby is bright and inviting. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed at the Springhill Suites in downtown Denver for 3 nights in March 2014 on a business trip. As the title states, all the reviews are accurate, this hotel is one of the better choices in Denver, particularly for business trips, but given the location to many of Denver's main draws, perfect for leisure trips as well.

The one major drawback, as I see it, is the forced valet parking. Yes, it is downtown and there is a scarcity of space, but a discounted rate, or somehow built into the pricing would make things better. Some pros and cons:

Pros
- Location - can't beat it, right next to highways (but still quiet in room), all the major sports venues and downtown Denver.
- Views aren't bad - some rooms would have a great view of the Rockies, and although I did not, my view was of Metro State Denver's baseball field, so I was able to see them play a couple games while I was there!
- Everything was in great condition, as you'd expect from a fairly new hotel - but no stains, major scuffs, or any problems with the fit and finish.
- Modern, updated decor - not cold or sterile, but warm yet minimal - very nice all around.
- Staff was accommodating and friendly at every turn. Valet staff very prompt and courteous.
- Exercise room was actually large, and had one wall of windows looking out to downtown. The equipment was new and clean, very nice!
- The room has fantastic multi-function switches in it - one right at bedside to turn every light in the room out, regardless of where they are normally controlled. That is a real benefit, something all hotels should incorporate.

Cons:
- There was a large nail clipping in the sink when I arrived. Not a big deal, but it might gross some people out. :)
- The sink drain/plunger didn't work at all. I had to move it manually from underneath to get the sink to drain. That might have explained the nail clipping.
- As mentioned above, the valet parking, but that's what comes with a downtown location.
- Shower controls on opposite side of shower head was nice, so you don't get sprayed turning it on, but they were loose in the wall and also took a longer time for temperature adjustments.
- No in-house restaurant. Breakfast is fine, but otherwise you're getting take-out delivered (or you're going out and getting it!).

Overall, this was a great hotel, and I'll definitely stay here again when in the Denver area. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a great stay at a reasonable price in downtown Denver.

Thanks for reading this review, if you have any questions at all, feel free to reach out!

Jon

Room Tip: I chose a high room on the 6th floor - seemed to be quieter and offered a niceer view of the surroun...
2  Thank JB24003
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel is located 4 blocks from the 16th Street Mall area, and 1 block from the Pepsi Center. Perfect for concerts / shopping / party.

When we pulled up to the front door of the hotel, we were a bit taken back at the very small entry way area. Valet service was nice and we entered the lobby. The front desk is small, but the lobby is rather spacious, with modern "all inclusive group" type setting. They had a wine and beer table set up from 5-9 during the evenings. I was a bit disappointed that they had no bar in this hotel. To the left of the front desk is a small connivence center with charge to your room service. Our room was quite nice. Large king bed, large couch, large desk, and small TV. Bathroom was cramped, but nice. Windows overlooked the downtown Pepsi Center. The room lighting was automated and cool to use. The room came with a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. All very nice. This hotel does not feature room service of any kind, and has no restaurant to plan to eat out. The morning breakfast is very good, but very cramped in the small area they have to serve it in. This hotel is kept very clean and is well supervised during the night. We will stay here again the next time we travel to downtown Denver!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jhaleyusa
Reviewed 13 April 2014

As a long time road warrior, I was taken aback to find the typical amenities that one would like to see ALL brought together in one room! Great desk with handy plugs, ability to screen the work area from the sleeping area, couch, good lighting, simple, functional furniture, great bed, nice linens with comforter. Loved the simplicity and functionality of the bath. Big shower (no tub) with handles on the opposite wall from the spray head. I didn't get blasted once with cold or too hot water with this arrangement! Sink area had plenty of room for my stuff. I rarely comment on the soaps and hair products but they were quality - Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo. Nice!

Good security. Located within walking distance of Lodo and all public transport. Good breakfast in the morning and hosted drink service in the lobby.

My only caution is that parking a vehicle is sky high. If you must drive, consider dropping your bags and finding a less expensive alternative. $28/night

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel has always been my first choice while in Denver. As a former Four Seasons executive, I love a high quality hotel that consistently delivers high levels of service, cleanliness, and a great product. Springhill Denver has everything. The valet staff is always present and ready to serve. They also have a shuttle that will take you to local spots. The front desk staff always engages as soon as I walk in the front door and it very courteous at all times. I've interacted w/ both Housekeeping and Engineering staff and they always greet you in the corridors and make eye contact. I love some of the small touches in the room. When you turn on the TV, the Weather Channel comes on at a medium volume. Much better than some hotel informational channel at a high volume. Recycling options are available in the guest room which I appreciate. And the beds have high quality linen that provide a great night's sleep. Finally, the hotel features art work throughout....lobby, rooms, corridors,....that is uniquely Denver and not something you'd see at another hotel in another city. As someone that travels a lot, it always feels good to get to this hotel and have a special experience w/ a great product. Oh yeah...almost forgot...a free breakfast in the morning that is healthy and convenient.

1  Thank jeff j
Austin W, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

What a fantastic review! We are thrilled to hear how much you've enjoyed your time with us here in Denver, and we are glad we succeeded in consistently delivering exemplary service and a wonderful stay. We really value your feedback, especially considering your experience in the industry, and we will use it to make sure we continue to set the bar as high as possible. Thanks again for sharing, we'll see you soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed here for a conference in the center of Denver, and the hotel does what you need. Comfortable rooms, good breakfast included in the price, walking distance from the center and the convention center. The staff was very helpful as well. A big problem was the AC, that makes an enormous noise, so I had to turn it down and it became quite cold during the night. Also the bathroom as cold, because it does not warm up. A part this it was an okay stay considering the price.

1  Thank Alessandr078
Jack M, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for choosing our SpringHill Suites as your home away from home during the convention. I’m very happy to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations! We do our very best to ensure that our guests receive the best possible service. You mentioned that you had trouble with the HVAC unit in your room, for which we sincerely apologize… We hope you had a safe trip home and that you come back and see us next time you’re in Denver!