“Very disappointed”

SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown
Ranked #22 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice, very comfortable beds, breakfast was great. There's no public parking, you pay $28 a night for valet, they won't tell you the amount until check out. The closest place to park is a couple of big blocks away. The staff is extremely rude, they were way to busy to assist us with directions. When I asked how to get down town, they replied I don't know. It was only a couple blocks away & very easy to find. There was no hot water & horrible water pressure. Again the staff didn't care about the shower.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sara G
Erica_Hotel_Manager, Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your stay with us.

I understand your frustrations with not seeing the parking rate until checkout time and apologize that you missed that. We keep these rates comprable with the market and post them at the valet stand. We strive to provide top notch service and assistance with every guest interaction, from the valet stand to the front desk to every associate that you interact with, and would love the opportunity to make it up to you in the future. If you have any more specific feedback that you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to call and ask for me at (303) 705-7300.

Thank you again; we appreciate the time that you took to tell us about your experience.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Had a beautiful view of city and mountains from our top floor corner room. It was very roomy and comfortable with all the extra amenities of frig, microwave, wonderful smelling soap and lotion, enough towels. Just lovely!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a great night in this Denver property. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The whole place was clean and well kept. Room was large and enough space for our family. Breakfast choices were many and food was good. Modern decor.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here with all of family for a wedding. Staff is excellent and very helpful. Location is central and easily reached. Downsides: $28/night to park your car; no actual restaurant on site and room doors that are so heavy and quick to close that grandma almost got crushed or knocked over by one. Rooms were okay but ours had not been dusted for some time. The buffet breakfast wasn't worth getting up early for but that should change when a real restaurant takes over. If doing it again I would take the 5 minute walk over to the "Market" restaurant on Laramir for breakfast; great coffee selection with pastries or full breakfast. Wish the property had a water feature but that probably would only encourage the patrons who came in every morning at 2 am drunk, loud and obnoxious. You'd think the heavy doors would soundproof the corridor!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I absolutely loved my stay here! The rooms were modern and clean. The staff was just amazing. We came in around 1am after driving 11 hours with a baby from Kansas City and were greeted by the valet, Billy. He was amazing! He was super informative and friendly. He took really good care of us even though we didn't valet park our car. The breakfast crew was also amazing. They were so helpful and kind to my baby and me. The lady at the front desk made extending my reservation by a day simple and she was just so friendly. I don't remember her name, but I was staying there the first weekend of May and she worked in the morning.

The staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and rooms, and the comfy beds work together to make this a great place to stay for the night. The modern decor is just a plus after all the other great things this hotel has to offer.

Oh also, in response to the review that mentioned the mandatory parking, I just wanted to correct that because there is public parking available. It's super close, about 1/4 of a mile just straight down the road. You can ask the valet and he will tell you where it is. I think it was $8/day, but we ended up not paying anything because we parked there around 1am Saturday morning and didn't use our car at all until we left Sunday morning when no one was working. The attendant at the lot said that if we left on Sunday morning we wouldn't pay anything, because there is no one working on Sundays. The hotel is within walking distance of everything, so we just walked everywhere we went and had free parking.

We've been traveling for awhile now, so I haven't had time to write this review until today. My boyfriend and I kept reminding ourselves to leave the review for "Billy and the Breakfast Crew...and the front desk lady". So here it is!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The location of this property minutes from I-25 and the 16th street mall had me anticipating a less than pleasant stay in Denver. Boy was I wrong! Location is quiet, walking distance from great restaurants, shopping and nightlife. Property is newer and Decor was fantastic. Hotel was immaculate, well cared for and staff was overly accommodating. I had an issue with the iron in my room as the staff was ALL OVER making it right. They did such a great job that I forgot what was wrong in the first place. They didn't just make it right, they made the problem disappear. I finally found a deserving candidate to give my first trip advisor service excellence pin to. I was impressed by the level of service at this property and the professionalism of the staff. With free breakfast and an evening wine/ cocktail bar the price is reasonable. Parking however is VERY expensive as valet is the only option. They might want to consider comping this for elite members at the very least.

Officially this is my favorite and top pick marriott property stateside for 2014!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Obi1234
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a room on the hotel's website, and received a free parking/free valet package. The room was gorgeous: modern, stylish, and perfectly appointed. The included buffet breakfast had loads of food choices, but the hot items were disappointing. We took advantage of the complimentary shuttle service to take in a baseball game (probably a 20 minute walk if one has good feet), and a bike cab to get us back. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014