“I saw someone catch a fish here.”
Review of Sloan's Lake Park

Sloan's Lake Park
Ranked #63 of 256 things to do in Denver
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My mother was in a long term hospital that overlooked this lake in Denver. It was a source of beauty and peace for our family, so I must pay it homage here. There is a running/bike trail that is well used and the lake frequently has boats and water skiers on it. My view of the lake was from a sixth floor room off 17th Street, so we were able to enjoy fantastic sunsets as reflected on the water. My mom enjoyed watching the geese as she was wheeled around the trail. The location is very near a congested, older part of town, so it is probably safest to enjoy during the day. I am unaware of the condition of its playground or picnic facilities, but I would suggest watching out for goose droppings as you stroll around the trail.

There are newer reviews for Sloan's Lake Park

Reviewed 2 August 2013

So I was invited to this park this week to have cake & ice cream with my grandaughter, I was so upset by the condition of this park. The play ground had more cigarette butts than wood chips their were people getting high in the bathroom, trash everywhere, tables were dirty I can go on and on. This was the worst park I have ever been to and I have been to parks in Compton, CA. & South Central L.A. I guess the city & county of Denver does not have time to clean this park like they clean cheeseman and Washington parks. Will never go again and I would advise if you have children to NEVER take them to this park!

Reviewed 1 August 2013

It comes around every year about the same time. This time it was cooler since it rained a little. Didn't change the spirits at the festival, though!!! Lots of booths to visit, schwag a plenty for my boy to get. Lots of free activities. Dogs are not allowed, but some people just don't like to obey rules. At least 3 stages with music and martial arts demos. Would like to row someday, but it's over an hour drive to get here and just don't have the time yet. Rows of port-a-potties, so no waiting and no smell. I love the Vietnamese spring rolls. Park at the Sports Authority stadium and take the shuttle. Well worth the $5.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is the most peaceful location that I have found within Denver. Perfect for bikes and runs. It's also a common destination for multiple sports & fishing. I often go at night when the weather cools down. I can't get enough of this park/ lake.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

According to local legend, Sloan's lake came into being when Thomas Sloan started digging a well. When he woke up the next morning, his crops were flooded and the water kept gushing out. Today, Sloan's Lake is a great place to bike or take a stroll. If you're visiting during late July, be sure to check out the Dragon Boat Festival.