“Good but limited...”
Review of Mizuna

Mizuna
Reserve with OpenTable
Mizuna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 3,103 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Capitol Hill
Cross street: Sherman
Transit: 8th & Grant
Description: Opened in April 2001, Mizuna showcases Frank Bonanno’s dedication to fresh, simple ingredients and seamless service. The menu changes monthly and features dishes that range from local game to peekytoe crab. The fare is imaginative and artistic, but pure, clean flavors render even the most exotic fare familiar. Rated by Zagat’s as one of the top restaurants not just in Colorado, but in the nation, Mizuna is ultimately an American-style restaurant heavy on French technique, influence and philosophy.
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Food and service were great however the menu is extremely limited with food choices. House made bread and salted butter were delicious. Appetizers and entrees seemed to cater more toward carnivores.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was my eldest daughter's and my second trip to Mizuna, and this time we brought my wife and youngest daughter. Great food, service and ambience. Excellent wine list and the sommeliers were very good. We had a fantastic bottle of Ribolla from Italy. No way to find this wine in the stores. I had the green tomato gazpacho, Niçoise salad, and roasted duck breast with duck confit. Fantastic. The restaurant is expensive, but worth the occasional splurge. One of our best meals ever.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The small feel of this restaurant is the real attraction here. Myself and seven colleagues were offered the private room in the back, and the meal turned out to be one of the finest restaurant experiences I've had in any city. We all chose the five course price fix, and it was fabulous. Try the Mac and cheese, which was the best I've had. The courses came at a steady pace, but we never felt rushed. Frank Bonano is a master chef and I will always stop at Mizuna when in Denver.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We know Denver quite well and are always on the lookout for something new when in town. I hadn't checked the website or looked at pictures, so when we arrived I was a little surprised by the building. However after spending a wonderful evening, I can confirm that this is one of the best places for fine cuisine in Denver. The menu is not very extensive, but we found things that appealed to us and it was delicious. The staff was friendly and fun to chat to, especially when they realise that you know your stuff. A must try for anyone who likes good food.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We ate here recently (August 14). Had a great meal and some wonderful wine. I had fish which was perfectly done. Dessert was probably the most delicious flourless chocolate cake I've ever tasted.

Not a place for the budget conscious, but the food is top notch and the service is extremely attentive.