“Best Steak I have ever had, no kidding!”
Review of Sullivan's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Sullivan's Steakhouse
Price range: US$35 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 18th Street
Transit: Union Station on the Light rail is 1 block West of the Restaurant. Enjoy a great evening downtown and a short walk to the trains to take you home.
Arvada
“Best Steak I have ever had, no kidding!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The restaurant is located in Northern downtown Denver, in the heart of the city. If you are driving they offer $7 Valet Parking, which is worth it as most of the park lots in the area are twice that cost and on street parking is hard to find unless you are there on off-peak hours.

The restaurant was buy, the atmosphere is that of a busy steak house, clean, assortment of table and booth sizes. I would recommend a booth on a busy night as they add tables and that makes elbow and walking room between the tables a bit on the tight side.

For my appetizer I ordered the Iceberg Lettuce Wedge with Bleu Cheese. It was the best Wedge I have ever had, just the right amount of dressing, which was some excellent Blue Cheese, and just the right amount of crumbles and tomatoes, very satisfying.

My main course was the Hand Cut New York Strip 14oz, you order side items separately. This steak was unreal, nice size, cooked to order, seasoned perfectly, and the add-on Gorgonzola Garlic Butter will make you want to slap someone it's so good on the steak. All I could say on my first bite was, "WOW!", I savored every bite of that steak, not touching a side until it was finished off.

One side would feed a hungry person, or two normal people for a side, since there were several of us we ordered all of them:

Steakhouse Skillet Mushroom Caps - Very Good, very flavorful.
Garlic Horseradish Mashed Potatoes - Good, nice Garlic touch.
Creamed Spinach - Darn Good.
Caramelized Cauliflower - I am not a Cauliflower person but these tasted really good and were sweet.

For Dessert I had the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. It was very good, if not freshly made in the kitchen it sure tasted like it was.

When I left I was full, not overstuffed, went home and took a nap, that was one fine dining experience and we won't be having a steak anywhere else until we can get back there.

Do yourself a favor, or should I say Flavor and check Sullivan's out, it was so good!

• Visited March 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Great food!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Sat in the bar. Great jazz. Great service. Awesome steaks. Have already recommended to many friends.

Visited February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Steak and Great Service; please fix the noise and poor music choice”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wonderful wife and I came here for Valentine's Day dinner. We were unaware that the restaurant had a fixed price/limited menu offering for Valentine's Day as it was not explained to us when we made the reservation. Our experiences at restaurants with such special offerings has generally been sub-par, but I am happy to report that Sullivan's did it right. $99 plus tax and tip got you dinner for two with decent choices for entrée, salad, side dish and dessert. We had no difficulty finding choices that satisfied our tastes. Frankly, given the quality I thought the price was a bargain for Sullivan's. Drinks and additional appetizers were extra.

The steaks were cooked to perfection. I had a NY Strip and my wife had a Filet Mignon. Size was just perfect. Sides and salads were delicious as well. Desserts were wonderful. Sullivan's has a very extensive wine list that includes some bargains (by restaurant pricing standards) if you know what you are looking at.

Our server was "Jacob". He was excellent. Very efficient and helpful. He did everything right, was there when we needed him and conveniently vanished when we didn't need him. Thanks, Jacob for adding to our happy Valentine's Day celebration.

Only nits were the crash, bang, boom from the open kitchen area and the poor choice of background music piped through the restaurant. Sullivan's is a pretty classy place and '70s-'80s rock and roll just didn't match the otherwise classy atmosphere. ("Blinded by the Light"...c'mon, really?)
Otherwise this was a great experience.

• Visited February 2014
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I am giving a rating of 4 because: 1) Service was solid and courteous 2)The atmosphere was nice albeit a little loud 3) Calamari was excellent as was dinner - scallops, lobster stuffed shrimp, outstanding salmon. We were too stuffed for dessert. Would I rank it as my one of my favorites in Denver? Honestly, no. We choose it because it was close to our hotel. Another two blocks and we would have been at Elway's. It's the difference between very good and outstanding. They did have a very affordable prix fixe menu for Valentines Day weekend, although we didn't use it.

• Visited February 2014
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Great Dinning”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The food and service was excellent, the wait staff could not of been better, the food was to Sullivan's high standards and the cocktails made to prefection

Visited January 2014