“Perfect Dining Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #590 of 2,977 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$40 - US$80
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Broadway & Tremont Place
Transit: Bus: Civic Center; Light Rail: 18th & California
Description: The legendary restaurant is for the food and wine aficionado. Blending contemporary American cuisine with one of the best wine selections anywhere, the Palace Arms consistently rates among the finest restaurants in Denver. Signature items such as a caesar salad prepared table side, seared steak of Colorado bison, combined with many other creative contemporary or traditional dishes. The "New" Palace Arms provides a casual dress code where jackets are not required.
Falls Church, Virginia
“Perfect Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our original reservation was for one of Denver's celebrity-owned steakhouses, but after reading several uncomplimentary reviews of both the food and the service, we decided to cancel out and go to the Palace Arms instead. Just a short walk from our downtown hotel, and since we were running a bit early, we decided to have a cocktail and listen to the jazz quartet in the hotel's beautiful lobby bar. What a delight. Dinner, by the way, was fabulous. The first time we have had a Caesar salad prepared tableside in decades. Our NY strips, medium rare, were perfect as was the wine that flowed throughout the meal and the desert that followed. Our waiter, Lonnie, was wonderful.

The Palace Arms was one of the best dining experiences I have had in my entire life.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank gunner4id

Leesburg, Virginia
“Top Flight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant, like the hotel in which it resides, is all about classic elegance. Its designed to be intimate and warm. The staff is friendly and professional. Food is wonderful. We ordered two courses that were prepared table side with appropriate flourish. While expensive, the quality and presentation of our dinners was top notch. I think we got what we paid for!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank homefree2011
Denver, Colorado
“Never disappointed eating here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Excellent food and fabulous service. Loved the ice tea for lunch. Too bad most restaurants today have lost their great service. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, but especially if you want to impress a business associate

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mary J
Olympia, Washington
“Tradition Reborn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have eaten at the Palace Arms many times before but this visit was one of the best. I had always thought of this place as a kind of "meat and potatoes" staple. However, it is now fine dining at its best. I had a baby salad and Alaskan Halibut that were exquisitely presented and prepared. The service was flawless and the environment was comforting. It doesn't get better than this!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kim H
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A beautiful restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I had a great meal at the Palace Arms while celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. We were seated at a very nice table for two. Everything was very pretty, as was the room itself. Unfortunately we were on the route from the kitchen to another dining area where there apparently was a private dinner going on. So we had carts of food, drinks, or dishes, going back and forth all evening. The disturbance was not great but, if we were to go again, I'd sit on the other side of the room. The restaurant clearly has no options to fix this situation given the layout of the establishment so I blame no one--it wasn't a big deal anyway. I just want to give information to Trip Advisor readers. The wine list for Palace Arms is as extensive as you could possibly imagine. I wanted to look up all the wines at home to pick the one for our meal but, although the menu is available online, the wine list is not. I spoke to the sommelier about this and, while I got commiseration of sorts, mostly it was just a case of "a management decision". Of course, you can imagine that I think it's ridiculous. I'm certain at home I'd have been able to find a fantastic Cakebread or Heitz with a great rating and a price of a couple hundred dollars. But I'm not going to spend that much picking a wine "in the dark". I spent a few minutes on my I-Pad and found an $80 wine that was rated 90 so, rather than waste more time, I asked for it. Guess what--not available! I was offered it's replacement, which was rated 88, and offered a $10 discount, which I accepted. Luckily the wine was not bad. But Palace Arms gets only 4 stars instead of 5 for this alone--that wine list should be made available and should be kept up to date as much as possible because either you're a "fine restaurant" or you're a pretender. The breads we were offered were superb. I especially enjoyed a hard crusted and chewy baguette with a wonderful taste. The "amuse bouche" was attractive and tasty. I had the beet salad to start and thought it pretty, but ordinary. My wife had the rabbit terrine and was fully disappointed, commenting that her father (a now-deceased French butcher) wouldn't have even served it. But the good news is that we both loved our entrees. My wife had the lamb while I had the halibut and we both raved to each other about how good each was. It's not often I can get fish that knocks my socks off but the Palace Arms came through. We also had good desserts, a Napoleon and the crème brulee. We liked them a lot but found both to be too sweet for our tastes (my wife cooks low-sugar desserts at home and we now find almost all restaurant desserts too sweet). Then more good news--to celebrate our anniversary, the Palace Arms took our desserts off the bill. Nice people! This restaurant should get your consideration because it is beautiful and the food is good. The wine is fantastic, I'm sure, but how would one find out?

• Visited June 2014