“Won't go back, won't recommend”

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #464 of 3,005 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 17th
Transit: Union Station, Wynkoop
Cerritos, California
“Won't go back, won't recommend”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This was an evening to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. We went with friends. Mortons no longer has a dress code so ANYTHING goes. We had a a table of four sitting next to our booth. The young had a potty mouth, one of the gentlemen was visibly drunk. A wine steward was walking by and the drunk guy flails his arms and hits the steward. A wine glass goes flying and shatters over a 10 foot path, The staff leaves hald the glas in the carpet. Then the drunk falls backwards in his chair. At this point we thought the people at the table would be escorted out, No! My wife find drugs in the restroom stall. This evening was a fiasco. I will say that the two servers we had were phenomenal. Needless to say our meals were comp'd.

• Visited September 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Always great food”
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Booked online and had a call before we left home to confirm. Celebrated our anniversary - menu was printed with our names and an anniversary greeting. They took our picture and presented it in a nice folder - again with anniversary greetings. Now to the food - had received a promotional e-mail about their summer special menu - we ordered the prix fixe menu choices and were not disappointed. Our server asked for our dessert selection when we made our initial choices -- could maybe have waited until after we finished the entree for that unless it had to do with the soufflé preparation (I opted for the soufflé and my wife had key lime pie). The appetizers were delightful - Ahi Tuna Tower and Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella -- lots of flavors. Morton's Salad was outstanding. Salmon and a 6 oz. filet were perfectly prepared. Service was not rushed. We always enjoy a trip to Denver with dinner at Morton's.

Visited September 2013
Costa Mesa, California
“Like Cutting into Butter”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

How does this place only have 3.5 stars?!? I made a reservation for this location last Monday only to find out that it was practically empty - the bar even. I was very surprised too since the one in Costa Mesa is always packed, but it was good because it made for a quiet and pleasurable dining experience. Our server's name was Austin, and he was a very cool and collected guy. He was very professional and was everything you would expect from a fine dining server.

I ordered the 4 course special: a Morton's salad, Filet, mashed potatoes and asparagus, and the chocolate souffle. All were just so perfect and delicious. The Filet was like cutting into butter, and it tasted just as good too. The mashed potatoes were very good, and the asparagus wasn't too hard and not too soft - just right. The best part was the souffle. how they managed to keep it tall and fluffy is beyond me, but even after I cut into it, it still didn't deflate! I had to actually force it down. I couldn't believe how perfect it was. It was such an exquisite meal and only for $49.95. What a steal for a place like Morton's! It was all that food for the price of one filet.

The wine was also fine and smooth. I ordered a cabernet sauvignon that complemented the filet very well.

My only complaint was that our server took severely long to get the check to us. Like 20 minutes! We had asked to split the bill, and it looks like it must be a difficult process for them. I almost want to say this isn't good for large groups if you need to split the check. I used to work in restaurants and never found it to be difficult, but maybe they just have an archaic system.

Great restaurant and even better food! Will definitely try Morton's out again!

• Visited August 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“the very best”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

this place is the best of the best. one of denvers best place to have a top of the line steak. the wet aged beef is only the best you will every eat. the steaks will melt in you mouth. the staff here are the greatest. and the management here is the very best. they will have no other way but the best. this is not your cheap steak house this is high end steaks and worth it.

• Visited August 2013
Denver, CO
“How to pick between Mortons and Denver Chop House”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Atmosphere: Very good at all three.
- The Chophouse downtown is in an old historic building with lots of character. Even with a "quiet" corner table its loud between the crowd and music
- Morton's is in an old building, a few blocks away, but it set up as a more modern, look. It just loud enough to offer some ambiance but quiet enough you can have a discreet business discussion.
- The airport Chop House is among the nicest airport restaurants I have visited. An oasis away from the insanity.

- Chophouse downtown was above average, but not as attentive to detail as I would expect at this price point.
- I've eaten at Morton's dozens of times, and the service has always been perfect.
- Chophouse airport service was very attentive and pretty quick. We appreciated this as we didn't have a long time before the flight.

- Chophouse downtown - My steak was overcooked quite a bit and I had to send it back. The appetizers were wonderful. The 2nd steak was perfect, and among the best steaks I had had. At home, I buy whole tenderloins, and trim / cut my own steaks. I appreciated the attention to detail
- Mortons - My steaks have always been perfect. Other than steak at home, this is my benchmark for steak quality.
- Chophouse airport - my steak was underdone, and the other person's steak was overdone. On average they were perfect. :(

Price
- Chophouse: $37 for a 12 ounce filet (2 inches thick!) you can cut with a fork. As high end steakhouses go, it's a fair deal. VERY reasonable salad and appetizer prices.
- Mortons: You get what you pay for, and it'll cost a lot more here. Check their website for complete appetizer / dinner / desert packages for $49 or $59 to get a better value.

Wine
- Chophouse: Several dozen wines to chose from, many great selections, most were, I thought, very reasonably priced.
- Mortons: Best in class wine list and prices to match.

Verdict:
If you are going out with casual friends, or your significant other on a typical Friday night date, then the Chophouse is a good value. You can probably live with uneven food quality since the prices are a lot less.

If you are on a business dinner, important first date, or big celebration where everything has to be perfect, the extra professional, polish, and quality and Mortons will be worth the price.

• Visited July 2013