“Brunch - Ecstasy Validated”
Review of Bistro Vendome

Bistro Vendome
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Vendome is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 3,066 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$31 - US$60
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 14th Street
Denver, Colorado
“Brunch - Ecstasy Validated”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We went to Bistro Vendôme the day before Mother's Day and tried the Croque Vendôme (ham, Emmenthaler cheese, rosemary- Dijon mornay, brioche, pommes frites add a fried egg*). We all loved the food, and the frites were amazing!

I do not give a 5 star ratings unless I try the food multiple times. So for Father's Day my family sent me downtown alone on a Saturday morning and I made a beeline to try the Croque Vendôme again.

Ecstasy Validated!

The Ham melts in your mouth. The cheese is mouthwatering. The herbs compliment everything, not overbearing. The egg on top is not the cherry, but the fries are! I have never in my life had frites as good as these.

If you can, go on a Saturday morning during the Summer, sit on the outdoor patio and enjoy the amazing sights of a small high-end farmers market within their courtyard. Make sure you get the fresh pressed coffee.

I can't wait to go again...my mouth is watering just thinking of the Croque Vendôme...and the frites!!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank TeleSki7

• Korean first
Aspen, Colorado
“MAKE SURE TO CAREFULLY REVIEW YOUR BILL AND YOUR CREDIT CARD IF YOU DINE HERE”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Or better, yet, don't dine here at all.

I dined at restaurant Bistro Vendome on June 8, 2014, during a trip to Denver. I signed my check for $33.81, leaving my tip in cash and clearly writing "cash" on the tip line. However, the following day, I was charged $40.81 to my MasterCard. I confirmed with my copy of the receipt that this was incorrect and immediately called the restaurant and left a message about the issue. In the month since, I've spoken two people--Regina and Mike--who both apologized and promised to give me a refund, and neither has. At one point, I was even asked to email them my credit card number in order for a refund to be processed, which is completely inappropriate and shady. I said I'd feel more comfortable calling in my card number, at which point Mike (the restaurant's general manager) told me he'd call me the next day, instead. This was last week, and no phone call, and no reply to my follow-up email. It's been exactly a month of getting the run-around, and I'm pissed.

Consumerist and other consumer watchdog websites say that in instances like these, the first thing you should do is call your bank, next file a police report, and then only lastly contact the restaurant. I didn't want to do that because I thought I'd give Bistro Vendome the benefit of the doubt, since I had such a pleasant time during my actual meal. But it's been weeks of being continuously disrespected and treated as an afterthought, as if I'm somehow inconveniencing the restaurant for politely requesting they return the money they STOLE from me, whether that theft was intentional or accidental.

So this morning I filed a dispute with MasterCard and also filed a police report with the Denver Police Department.

BE WARNED IF YOU CHOOSE TO DINE HERE... $7 isn't going to break me, but that's besides the point. If they're overcharging me, who knows if they're doing it to other people, too? Moreover, their customer service following this situation has been truly appalling, and that's the most offensive part.

5 Thank Tamara V
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Beautiful Place and Outside Eating”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Actually had a reservation nearby but decided to cancel it after we saw this place. We had to wait a bit in the bar but met a very nice couple that were celebrating their anniversary (they actually had their reception here) and we drank some very good wine with them and had great conversation about Colorado! We then sat outside for dinner. Our waiter was great as was the food. We were very pleased with our choice. Would definitely recommend this place. A+

New Jersey
“Terrific meal with wonderful extras”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Was on business in Denver and walked past this restaurant. It is tucked away , away from the street. As usual ate at the bar. Had Avery nice gin and tonic made with dry French gin. Ordered a mussel appetizer an was not disappointed. Plenty of mussels in a traditional white wine sauce. My entree was pan seared trout. Very large portion nicely prepared. After the meal a man named Michael offered me a few additional tastings of a couple of French varietals. Never got these extras at other restaurants.

Denver
“Nice ambiance”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went to this restaurant last week with another couple. There was an event on Larimer Square and this restaurant was part of it. When we called to make our reservation, they seemed to have no clue about the event. Well on the day of the event all of their tables on Larimer Square were empty, while the other erestaurants filled up theirs? The food was great, all 4 of us were happy with our choices. The scallops were delicious. The ambiance was great and they have a beautiful patio. I want to go back an try their weekend brunch on the patio.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Bistro Vendome? Share your experiences!