“Fantastic steak-frites, great service, romantic patio”
Review of Bistro Vendome

Bistro Vendome
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Vendome is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 3,019 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$31 - US$60
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 14th Street
Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic steak-frites, great service, romantic patio”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Bistro Vendome's patio is one of the most romantic in Denver, perfect for a summer date. Be sure to try their steak-frites - on a recent visit our steak was seasoned and cooked to perfection, as were the crispy, thin-cut fries. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about both the menu and wine list, and helped us choose a wine that was delicious with both entrees. We'll be back!

• Korean first
Denver, Colorado
“Authentic French Bistro in Denver”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here last night, and it was a very memorable experience. I mention that we were celebrating a special occasion because our experience was so different from Markkisme's recent review.

I had had flowers sent over to the restaurant earlier in the day, and the staff had moved an additional table next to ours to hold the arrangement. On being seated we were immediately offered complimentary glasses of champagne or free desserts. We accepted the champagne.

The sommelier (who is also the General Manager) suggested a wine--with the "personal guarantee" that if we didn't like it he would drink it himself. Although there was nothing wrong with the wine, my wife didn't care for it. So he discussed what we were looking for in a wine, and then he brought another, which was just what we described we wanted.

Our wait person was warm, friendly, and competent. The entire staff made us feel comfortable and special. When we were leaving, we were given a card signed by the restaurant staff thanking us for celebrating our special occasion with them--and enclosed were certificates for free champagne and free dessert on a future visit. I can't imagine being better treated in a restaurant.

Let me say a few words about the restaurant apart from our experience, which I recognize is not likely to be typical. This is not a place for sophisticated cooking. (For that, try their sister restaurant, Rioja, across the street.) It is a bistro, very much like what we have experienced in France: typical bistro foods, a good wine list, fair prices, and friendly staff.

As long-time Denver residents we have eaten in many of the classiest restaurants in town. That was not what we were looking for last night. We wanted a nice bistro, and that was what we got--and more!

1 Thank Luv2travel10471
Troy, AL
“French perfection”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Amazing seating in outdoor courtyard with a local market going on, festive and fun. Chicken salad on croissant special and delish, light and tasty. Magical lunch! The 'blossom' on the hangover cocktails works like a charm!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Regina H
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience, except for one thing.....”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We went to Bistro Vendome for my sites birthday and were very pleased with the ambience, the food, the service, and generally everything. What left a sour taste in our mouth was the utter stupidity/lack of common sense of the waitress. When I made the reservation I told them it was my wives birthday and asked if they do anything(i.e. bring out a dessert so that we could sing happy birthday) and they assure me that they absolutely did. When our meal was finished the waitress brought the check. I assumed she forgot so mentioned it to the hostess. The waitress then came over and said to my wife, and I quote' "If you wanted a dessert you should have ordered it and I would have been happy to pay for it"...talk about stupidity and awkwardness. I felt so bad for my wife and the waitress obviously missed the point of the celebration and the intent of having a dessert brought. We were not looking for a free dessert by any means but an opportunity to sing happy birthday. What a mood killer! Otherwise, top notch across the board.

1 Thank Markkisme
Wellington, New Zealand
“Average”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Food was average, service was acceptable, wine by the glass was bad.
How much is 100 characters? This much?

Been to Bistro Vendome? Share your experiences!