“Easter special was disappointing”

Pete's Greek Town Cafe
Ranked #542 of 3,019 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
FORT COLLINS
“Easter special was disappointing”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Today we had a late lunch at Pete's. Seeing a blackboard special I assumed it would be tasty...leg of lamb with fixings. with a glass of house wine for $22. So disappointing. the meat was dry...maybe it had sat out for hours. not even some cheap gravy to make it more appetizing. I know I could have mess a fuss, but why should a customer have to train the kitchen how to cook! Who likes overdone lamb? My wife's Greek Salad was OK, my son said the Gyro was decent. We shared the baklava for dessert...large portion, nice.
This was our last visit here. The restaurant is very appealing in many respects but the food is pretty disappointing.

• Visited April 2014

Lees Summit
“Excellent Greek food”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We ate here for lunch and both of us were starving so we got the spanakopita pie for an appetizer; which was excellent. I got the gyro for lunch and my friend got the greek burger, which looked really good too. The gyro meat was delicious, sliced very thin and came with lots of cucumber sauce. My friend said the greek burger was really good, super juicy and came with a special sauce. It was a little pricey for lunch, but the food was so excellent it was worth it!

• Visited April 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Authentic Greek Food”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My boyfriend and I visited before a concert and it was excellent. We shared a plate and it was plenty of food and all of it was delicious. The service was fast and friendly. We will definitely be back!!

• Visited December 2013
Aurora, Colorado
“Greek food - well prepared”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Amidst the long strip of commercial enterprises along Colfax Avenue, it's sometimes hard to distinguish between the "dive" restaurant that might have good food and restaurants that are not ostentatious that also have good food. Pete's is a step up in appearance from some of the older style (read 'seedy') restaurants here. It has a fairly large eating area, well-equipped kitchen and decent waitstaff. The vegetarian moussaka was quite tasty as was the lemon chicken soup. The baklava was the closest dessert to the real thing, with layers and layers of flakiness surrounded by honey and other goodies. So sweet that the a la mode ice cream we ate with it actually de-sweetened it!!

• Visited December 2013
Golden, Colorado
“Awesome at 2am. Thank God for Pete's.”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

After a work Christmas party with too much booze and not enough good eats, Pete's was a Godsend. Hooray.
Patty melt and chicken Slovakia was perfect!