“Good, but Nothing Special”

Randolph's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Randolph's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #188 of 3,065 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Grant & 18th
Description: Comfortable, Elegant. Uptown's Best. Discover Elegance Redefined Randolph's serves contemporary American Cuisine and classic cocktails in a backdrop of comfortable elegance. Here, patrons take pleasure in wine tastings, wine dinners, Denver's best Happy Hour, networking events and business lunches. Our chef offers a menu that is artful, yet unpretentious, changes seasonally and is complemented by an award-winning wine list. Make your reservations now for "A Toast to Love", our annual Valentine's Evening celebration.
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Good, but Nothing Special”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had three breakfasts and one lunch at this restaurant. Convenience was the factor as we were staying at the attached Warwick Hotel. The food, both breakfast and lunch, was good, but not anything beyond good. Breakfast buffet was pricey and somewhat limited (all cold offerings) -- less available items than some chain restaurants where the breakfast is complimentary -- if you got the continental. For $22 you could get the full buffet with a simple egg dish and pancakes/waffles. Again, limited for the price. The staff was extremely pleasant and tried to be helpful and prompt, but, during the time we were there (admittedly a holiday weekend), the service was very slow despite the fact that the restaurant was not full. I think they were seriously understaffed as the manager of the hotel was actually helping out. Perhaps that was an anomaly and they just had temporary staffing problems. The setting is nothing special either. There is a patio for outside eating, but it is bordered by two active streets, so no view and somewhat noisy. In summary, not a bad place to eat, but I am sure there are much better places with better food and value. I admittedly cannot comment on the dinner menu, atmosphere, or food.

• Visited July 2014

Denver, Colorado
“dining in the city”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

very good hotel Restaurant - in Denver Colorado they do have Colorado MEATS that are great my third time here-

• Visited April 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Bradley S, Manager at Randolph's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
It is good to hear that our efforts to provide the best in Colorado meats and produce are not unappreciated. I am very glad that you were able to experience some of our local meats whether it was pork, lamb, bass or any other of our Colorado-grown products.

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your meal. It is my hope that we can serve you, your family and friends again soon!
Denver
“We enjoyed ourselves quite a bit”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a very nice experience here. Let me try to break it down because there were pros and cons to the night:

Food: Good to very good, depending on the dish. The halibut was good. The bison rib was very good. The Caesar salad was very good, with anchovies and lemon on the side and an excellent dressing. Our desserts were both very good.

Service: Very friendly. We had several of the wait staff stop at our table and interact with us. We found them all to be very pleasant. In addition, one of them broke into song with my wife. (long story not for here, but it was very funny)

Atmosphere: Very nice. The place was hopping tonight and I thought they had done a nice job on the ambiance.

Drinks: We both had unique drinks and both drinks were quite tasty. We also had wines by the glass and though that their choices of by the glass wines were quite strong. Good variety and quality of selection.

We were there on a Groupon which made the meal a steal for what we paid. At full price, I still think it would be reasonable. We enjoyed the food, but everything else made it even better.

• Visited July 2014
Bradley S, Manager at Randolph's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed yourself the other night. Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. It is very helpful to hear what you liked, though you did mention there were cons you did not list any.

Next week we will be launching a new menu that I hope you will come try! It will be our pleasure to serve you again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Soso food --You can find better”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I ate several meals at this establishment over the period of a week. It wasn't because the food was good, it was just convenient as I was staying at the hotel. There are lots of places in Denver with better food. Poached eggs were delivered with hard boiled yolks. The halibut with proscuitto tasted like toilet paper. Even the bread on the club sandwich left much to be desired. Top that off with uncomfortable seating and a VERY LAME soundtrack that played constantly and you have a good idea about the fare at this restaurant. You can find better without much difficulty.

• Visited June 2014
Bradley S, Manager at Randolph's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience at Randolph's during your stay at the Warwick Denver Hotel. Of course, it is never our intention to leave you unsatisfied. You will be pleased to know that we are developing a brand new menu with several new seafood options such as a Colorado Stipped Bass that I believe will give you a different impression of what we can produce.

All of your stated problems have been discussed with the culinary team and I would enjoy having you back if you are ever in Denver to see our changes. As you may know, Denver has a quickly evolving food scene and your feedback is very important to help us make the necessary changes to maintain the highest quality product and service.

As we are currently making changes in our management I would like to invite you back any time to share a meal with us at Randolph's
Aston, Pennsylvania
“nice ambiance”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We only stayed at the Warwick for two nights. Our experience with Randolph's was day shift, and we loved the place. Great - full of local knowledge - bartender, and a great mixologist. can't comment on the menu since we only drank!

• Visited June 2014
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at Randolph's. If you can remember who your bartender was I would love to thank them on your behalf for their service. It would be a pleasure to serve you again if you are ever back in Denver, and please take a look at our newly refurbished menu featuring many locally sourced meats including pork products which our chef has been working with a local farm to breed specifically for our restaurant.