“Excellent Food - Service upgrade in process”

Randolph's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Randolph's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 3,134 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Grant & 18th
Description: Comfortable, Elegant. Uptown's Best. Discover Elegance Redefined Randolph's serves contemporary American Cuisine and classic cocktails in a backdrop of comfortable elegance. Here, patrons take pleasure in wine tastings, wine dinners, Denver's best Happy Hour, networking events and business lunches. Our chef offers a menu that is artful, yet unpretentious, changes seasonally and is complemented by an award-winning wine list. Make your reservations now for "A Toast to Love", our annual Valentine's Evening celebration.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our group of four enjoyed dinner at Randolph's in downtown Denver in early August 2014. The location on a one-way street allows parking on both sides and there is a parking garage just to the south. The food was awesome in its taste and preparation - please keep the chef! The menu is new but has not been updated on their website yet (this is an immediate to do item). The crab cakes earned the highest praise from one of us who was judging by an experience in the deep south. Those same crab cakes were used in the stuffed fish. I had the pasta with house-made sausage which was very flavorful. Prices for entres ranged from $20 to $35 with most of the choices being toward the higher end. The inside was quiet on a Friday night but the outside terrace was packed owing to the nice weather. The one area that is being actively attended to is the service. My understanding is that the current group of servers is from a temporary agency and it shows with poor pacing, inattentiveness and confusion when serving entres and desert. When the service rises to the quality of the food then an "excellent" overall rating is on the table here.

Bradley S, Manager at Randolph's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Michael W, thank you for reflecting on you experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal and I appreciate your patience and understanding as we acquire and train the best possible team to represent both Randolph's Restaurant and the Warwick Hotel. It is an honor to share with you our award winning crab cakes and our new farm-to-table offerings such as pastas featuring locally sourced buffalo, beef, and pork.

It will be our pleasure to serve you again on your next visit to Denver.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had three breakfasts and one lunch at this restaurant. Convenience was the factor as we were staying at the attached Warwick Hotel. The food, both breakfast and lunch, was good, but not anything beyond good. Breakfast buffet was pricey and somewhat limited (all cold offerings) -- less available items than some chain restaurants where the breakfast is complimentary -- if you got the continental. For $22 you could get the full buffet with a simple egg dish and pancakes/waffles. Again, limited for the price. The staff was extremely pleasant and tried to be helpful and prompt, but, during the time we were there (admittedly a holiday weekend), the service was very slow despite the fact that the restaurant was not full. I think they were seriously understaffed as the manager of the hotel was actually helping out. Perhaps that was an anomaly and they just had temporary staffing problems. The setting is nothing special either. There is a patio for outside eating, but it is bordered by two active streets, so no view and somewhat noisy. In summary, not a bad place to eat, but I am sure there are much better places with better food and value. I admittedly cannot comment on the dinner menu, atmosphere, or food.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

very good hotel Restaurant - in Denver Colorado they do have Colorado MEATS that are great my third time here-

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Bradley S, Manager at Randolph's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

It is good to hear that our efforts to provide the best in Colorado meats and produce are not unappreciated. I am very glad that you were able to experience some of our local meats whether it was pork, lamb, bass or any other of our Colorado-grown products.

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your meal. It is my hope that we can serve you, your family and friends again soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a very nice experience here. Let me try to break it down because there were pros and cons to the night:

Food: Good to very good, depending on the dish. The halibut was good. The bison rib was very good. The Caesar salad was very good, with anchovies and lemon on the side and an excellent dressing. Our desserts were both very good.

Service: Very friendly. We had several of the wait staff stop at our table and interact with us. We found them all to be very pleasant. In addition, one of them broke into song with my wife. (long story not for here, but it was very funny)

Atmosphere: Very nice. The place was hopping tonight and I thought they had done a nice job on the ambiance.

Drinks: We both had unique drinks and both drinks were quite tasty. We also had wines by the glass and though that their choices of by the glass wines were quite strong. Good variety and quality of selection.

We were there on a Groupon which made the meal a steal for what we paid. At full price, I still think it would be reasonable. We enjoyed the food, but everything else made it even better.

Bradley S, Manager at Randolph's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed yourself the other night. Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. It is very helpful to hear what you liked, though you did mention there were cons you did not list any.

Next week we will be launching a new menu that I hope you will come try! It will be our pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I ate several meals at this establishment over the period of a week. It wasn't because the food was good, it was just convenient as I was staying at the hotel. There are lots of places in Denver with better food. Poached eggs were delivered with hard boiled yolks. The halibut with proscuitto tasted like toilet paper. Even the bread on the club sandwich left much to be desired. Top that off with uncomfortable seating and a VERY LAME soundtrack that played constantly and you have a good idea about the fare at this restaurant. You can find better without much difficulty.

Bradley S, Manager at Randolph's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience at Randolph's during your stay at the Warwick Denver Hotel. Of course, it is never our intention to leave you unsatisfied. You will be pleased to know that we are developing a brand new menu with several new seafood options such as a Colorado Stipped Bass that I believe will give you a different impression of what we can produce.

All of your stated problems have been discussed with the culinary team and I would enjoy having you back if you are ever in Denver to see our changes. As you may know, Denver has a quickly evolving food scene and your feedback is very important to help us make the necessary changes to maintain the highest quality product and service.

As we are currently making changes in our management I would like to invite you back any time to share a meal with us at Randolph's