“Oh how I wanted it to be good so bad”
Review of Pablo's

Pablo's
Ranked #29 of 58 Coffee & Tea in Denver
Denver, Colorado
“Oh how I wanted it to be good so bad”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is a review for their location on penn. I just moved in less than 100 yards away from their coffee shop. I was just crossing my fingers hoping for better coffee than dazbog... not the case. I hate to say it but it may be some of the worst coffee I've ever gotten from a small roaster. We live so close we've given them several tries. Why in the world people pay $15-20 a pound for this coffee is beyond me. I tried but didn't even enjoy any of the three pounds we bought over our three trips to Pablo's. More importantly I really have to mention their arrogant service. Is anyone getting sick of the uber-hipster vibe of their employees. Horrible customer service from walking in to placing an order and leaving. I'm in sales and understand I stand out because I simply make eye contact with customers, offer them a nice yet subtle greeting and make sure they know that I value their business. Each time at Pablo's I've felt like they look down at their customers. We don't need more over confident people who think they are too cool for school working in customer service. Get some humility and rethink how you treat your customers. Stop trying to impress by not trying to impress. Please rethink your roasting methods and your bean suppliers- your coffee is really bad. Also what the hell are you thinking when charging such an exorbitant price for any and all the coffees you carry? I really wanted to like your shop being its so close to my new apartment and being so disappointed in Denver's coffee scene up till that point. Such a shame. Also no wifi- cheapskates.

• Visited October 2013

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Best Quality Espresso”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We make it a point to head to Pablo's for a latte whenever we're in Denver...no matter what part of the city we're in. This funky, historic corner store-turned coffee roaster/shop has perfected the art of espresso. Behind that creaky old screen door, it's somewhat messy/casual hippie atmosphere can mislead you...they are scrupulously clean when it comes to coffee-making equipment and perfectionistic at their profession. Love it here, and always look at each other after that first sip of a creamy, deeply rich in-house roasted espresso and say, "This is soooo good...ahh!"

• Visited July 2013
Bloomington, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Coffee”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Pablo's was very close to the outstanding Capitol Hill Mansion Bed & Breakfast Inn. I stopped in for coffee and it's was as good as friends had told me. Don't miss a pick me up here.

Visited August 2013
san francisco
“Great locally roasted coffee”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

There are only a few good local roasters and coffee houses Denver and this is one of them. They make great espresso based drinks (they sell drip coffee too). Oh and the veggie breakfast burrito is fantastic.

A must stop if you enjoy a well made coffee.

The crowd at the 6th Ave location is a mix of hipsters, typical Denver outdoor types and older local residents. Can be loud at time and can be very mellow.

• Visited April 2013
Kansas City, MO
“Fantastic coffee at Pablo's”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Went here last night and had one of the best cups of coffee I've ever had. They know what they are doing, and the blends are so well balanced and delicious, makes me want more. This is a unique place with lots of quirky decor, which is appropriate for a coffee shop like this. They have nice couches and it's very comfortable. We did not have any of the baked goods but they looked great, and we saw that they had gluten free baked items, which we like. They also have a nice selection of teas, and they give you a little tea pot with your choice. I really like this place and our son, who is a coffee conoisseur, gives it top marks too. Check it out!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Pablo's? Share your experiences!