“Remember Fondue equals 2 hours”
Review of La Fondue - CLOSED

La Fondue
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Arapahoe St.
Description: La Fondue in downtown Denver is known for its unsurpassed quality of food service and dining atmosphere. A great place to celebrate all the occasions of life or just life itself. We offer modern French cuisine as well as a wonderful fondue menu, fondue is a fun place to cook your own food at your own table, have classic cheeses made in front of you and to finish it all off with chocolate fondue with all the goodies to dip into. If you want to celebrate, have a romantic evening or just being with family and friends this is the place that will entertain you and your taste buds!
Reviewed 29 November 2014

Incredible deal for some great food, but we didn't allow enough time so were a little rushed at the end. We had a TravelZoo coupon that saved about $65. Started with a wedge salad and a traditional Caesar both very good. Next was the cheese fondue with 3 cheese and wine that was good consistency but not very flavorful. The meal fondue we chose the french cooking oil blend and two overwhelming trays of choices from lobster, ahi tuna, scallops, sirloin, chicken, filet mignon, veggies. It was all very good and tender. You really need to pace yourself particularly with the cheese fondue at the start. We ate until we were almost full, having room for dessert. I then cooked all of the remaining items and had them boxed to take back to our hotel refrigerator. The chocolate fondue was really good and so much of it! We ended up taking a lot of it back to the room as well. One of the things that was nice was the noise level. The design with booths different levels of seating softer surfaces made it quite pleasant and easy to talk.
This was the start of a birthday night on the town, dinner, concert and stay over downtown. No DUI for us. What an incredible coincidence our server, Sasha, works La Fondue as her second job. Her first job is at the Soiled Dove Underground where she had just had lunch earlier in the day with the group we were going to see, Paolo Nutini, a 27 year old that won't be playing small venues like this much longer we predict. Since we were talking about KBCO and music on a lark I tried the Dave Mathews Dream Tree red that turned out to be excellent. Sasha told me it would be available at the Soiled Dove as well both for around $10/glass a fair price for wine this good. We really enjoyed Sasha's conversation and expertise.
This would be a great place to go with another couple with plans on spending at least two hours. I noted a rather harsh review calling the main course "dog food" I have included pictures where you can judge for yourself the seafood selection of lobster, salmon, Ahi Tuna, scallops and various meats. Too bad auroracham had a bad experience

1  Thank David B

Reviewed 22 September 2014

The 4-course fondue meal is reasonably priced at under $40.00 per person and was more than 2 very hungry ppl could polish off1

Reviewed 3 September 2014

Another Restaurant week find - which extends for them until the end of Sept. Everything is table side. You begin with a cheese fondue, salad, meat or veggie fondue and 3 choices of chocolate fondue. You must try the white chocolate with nutella and caramel - gently swirl and 'waddle ' home. Nice wine selection and great manager. Uniquest dining experience

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We thought that we would try it with a Travelzoo coupon. Even at $59 for two, we would never go back. We would not go back for free. There wine was not very good and quite expensive. The cheese fondue and chocolate fondue were both very good. But the main course was like dog food. I had never seen lobster that looked so dead. It was like all watery, like they hurried to defrost it. The shrimp also looked like it had just been thawed while we waited for it. Our waiter should not even work in a restaurant. He had no idea what was going on. We asked about having some items not pre seasoned, and he said that was not possible after going to the kitchen. We then asked for the manager who said it was just fine to have anything unseasoned. Salad was very skimpy. Just a bad experience, and we wish we had never gone.

3  Thank auroracham
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have to say I didn't read these roach reviews before I ate there or I may not have gone in. I had excellent food and service. I went there before a show and got out in plenty of time. Staff was helpful and very friendly. Food was excellent and I had a good time. I didn't see any roaches so they may have cleaned up that problem and I didn't see anyone else complain.

1  Thank Jaytrip50